First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Finally........I dropped the ball on this product for months. We've been waiting for the turbo to be built now for 8 months or more, once that is done we will get on the down pipe too.

Anyway, this is the latest release, the Vented Pro can. This will 100% eliminate ANY and ALL oil, fuel, water vapor from being re-circulated back into the turbo inlet. The standard catch can does a killer job of this and is closed, so SHOULD pass emissions in every state and be zero issue with any dealership. This newest version eliminates the inlet to the turbo inlet and adds an additional port where the oil filler cap is. The oil filler cap is removed and replaced, don't worry, this doesn't make oil changes harder, the new fitting turns with the hose on and oil can be added easy. The factory inlet to the turbo inlet is capped.

This will eliminate 100% of the crankcase pressure and capture 100% of any oil/vapors in the catch can.

We've change the original mounting location to make the install easier and universal between the non-vented and vented catch cans we offer.

All new catch cans will mount in this same location, pictured below.

The new Vented Pro can is $329 plus shipping.

Ford Maverick Buschur's Vented Pro Catch Can IMG_1288
Ford Maverick Buschur's Vented Pro Catch Can IMG_1289
Ford Maverick Buschur's Vented Pro Catch Can IMG_1290
Sponsored

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder how that would fair in NE Ohio. I don't remember if they pop the hood or just do the obd2 port and call it a day.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder how that would fair in NE Ohio. I don't remember if they pop the hood or just do the obd2 port and call it a day.
I'm in NE Ohio, Wakeman, but Huron County has no inspections.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm in NE Ohio, Wakeman, but Huron County has no inspections.
Yea I'm deep Westside of Cleveland. So Cuyahoga County is one of the lame 7 that has e-check.

Chrysler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you for the Maverick support. I have been wanting to order the radiator, exhaust, catch can, and yes, turbo/downpipe eventually. Wanting to do it all at once so it can get tuned right. Awesome to get 30mpg, be able to tow a boat, and not have a underpowered take off on freeways. I love my Maverick. 10k miles officially.

Sponsored

VRausch

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT EB 4K Tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yea I'm deep Westside of Cleveland. So Cuyahoga County is one of the lame 7 that has e-check.
You can do the e-check yourself in Cuyahoga county at some of the stations. Scan VIN, plug in their scanner, print results and that's it.

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Finally........I dropped the ball on this product for months. We've been waiting for the turbo to be built now for 8 months or more, once that is done we will get on the down pipe too.

Anyway, this is the latest release, the Vented Pro can. This will 100% eliminate ANY and ALL oil, fuel, water vapor from being re-circulated back into the turbo inlet. The standard catch can does a killer job of this and is closed, so SHOULD pass emissions in every state and be zero issue with any dealership. This newest version eliminates the inlet to the turbo inlet and adds an additional port where the oil filler cap is. The oil filler cap is removed and replaced, don't worry, this doesn't make oil changes harder, the new fitting turns with the hose on and oil can be added easy. The factory inlet to the turbo inlet is capped.

This will eliminate 100% of the crankcase pressure and capture 100% of any oil/vapors in the catch can.

We've change the original mounting location to make the install easier and universal between the non-vented and vented catch cans we offer.

All new catch cans will mount in this same location, pictured below.

The new Vented Pro can is $329 plus shipping.

IMG_1288.jpg
IMG_1289.jpg
IMG_1290.jpg
Well this improve power / MPG or just extend the life of the engine?

Bad Actor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Ranger XLT, 73 Mustang Base, 02 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So this one catch can replaces the two people have been using pre-intercooler and throttle body?

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So this one catch can replaces the two people have been using pre-intercooler and throttle body?
I don't pay attention to what other companies are doing. This is just like our first but it vented and eliminates routing to the intake.

Sponsored

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can't believe I'm going to waste my time......

You do realize anything that is coming out of the vent on the catch can would typically be burnt up in the engine, contaminate the intake cycle, cause the engine to be less efficient and use more fuel anyway, right? No of course you don't. You also think your hybrid gets clean free electric straight from Greta's farts too, right?
Unburned hydrocarbons are worse for the air than those that are burned at a high temperature and then run through a catalytic converter. While a closed can is arguably a good idea because it captures stuff that may reduce engine efficiency, vented cans are a bad idea.

Your personal attacks aren't going to change the reality that vented cans aren't legal in most part of the country because they contribute to poor air quality.

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can't believe I'm going to waste my time......

You do realize anything that is coming out of the vent on the catch can would typically be burnt up in the engine, contaminate the intake cycle, cause the engine to be less efficient and use more fuel anyway, right? No of course you don't. You also think your hybrid gets clean free electric straight from Greta's farts too, right?
Ford Maverick Buschur's Vented Pro Catch Can 6E44EB1F-0EB8-4EF7-B90B-361343FBF25A
🤣🤣

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Both actually, in the case of the vented.
I’ll be purchasing a CC shortly, but am undecided on vented/sealed. Can you clarify how the vented system increases efficiency and power, and what sort of gains you expect from it over the sealed system.
Previous videos I had watched equated the vented systems to a small vac leak.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ll be purchasing a CC shortly, but am undecided on vented/sealed. Can you clarify how the vented system increases efficiency and power, and what sort of gains you expect from it over the sealed system.
Previous videos I had watched equated the vented systems to a small vac leak.
If you aren't in a place where you have emission testing the vented can is the way to go. It's 100% separated from allowing any vapors/oil/contaminates to get back to the intake tract at all. The vent on the top along with the additional port on the engine (oil cap) eliminates all engine crank case pressure. An engine has pressure in the crank case, it's from combustion that gets passed the rings, this pressure on a turbo car can get quite high. Eliminating that pressure allows the pistons to travel on the down stroke without fighting the pressure. Picture 4 psi of pressure under a piston and trying to push it down and then zero pressure, easy to understand.

DSport Magazine has a multi page write up in it this month about the topic and used our Vented can for the Nissan GTR as an example, which gained 20 whp on their shop car. On our GTR, when we did crankcase pressure testing and dyno testing back to back, we gained over 40 whp just by adding the vented catch can. Obviously this was a higher HP engine with higher crankcase pressure as the boost was closer to 40 psi.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you aren't in a place where you have emission testing the vented can is the way to go. It's 100% separated from allowing any vapors/oil/contaminates to get back to the intake tract at all. The vent on the top along with the additional port on the engine (oil cap) eliminates all engine crank case pressure. An engine has pressure in the crank case, it's from combustion that gets passed the rings, this pressure on a turbo car can get quite high. Eliminating that pressure allows the pistons to travel on the down stroke without fighting the pressure. Picture 4 psi of pressure under a piston and trying to push it down and then zero pressure, easy to understand.

DSport Magazine has a multi page write up in it this month about the topic and used our Vented can for the Nissan GTR as an example, which gained 20 whp on their shop car. On our GTR, when we did crankcase pressure testing and dyno testing back to back, we gained over 40 whp just by adding the vented catch can. Obviously this was a higher HP engine with higher crankcase pressure as the boost was closer to 40 psi.
I appreciate the time you took to respond. I am in an emissions state so I may have to pass on the vented.
Have you monitored the vac levels on the Maverick when not in the throttle?
The few reviews I had seen with back to back testing had the vented cans staying at 0 vac/boost compared to -20 vac with the sealed can.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.