First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For anyone who has followed this. This is an edit of the original post that was here.

The factory fittings at the intake and valve cover are a complete pain in the ass to remove. Everyone is having issues and the fittings are breaking. The other issue is finding an aftermarket fitting for the valve cover, it's an odd short fitting we haven't been able to locate.

Our catch can kits will no simply re-use the factory fittings at the intake/valve cover.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REMOVE THE FITTINGS. Simply take a sharp knife, gently slit the factory hose and then pull it off the factory fittings. Then push the supplied hoses from our catch can/oil separator back onto those fittings. It makes the job much quicker doing this.

Thank you!
Sponsored

Last edited:

LC48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, AWD, Carbonized Gray. Highlander Lim
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Has anyone figured these connectors out?

I understand from prowling the 'net that these are supposed to be "anti-tamper" and require you to cut away the orange internal "clip" as much as possible in order to remove them, that is what I had to do on the first one.

I read on another forum that blue clips can be used to replace the orange, in that case they pulled them out of fittings provided by UPR with their catch can system.

https://www.explorerst.org/threads/upr-catch-can-and-orange-fitting-solution.650/

I looked up the part number on the Ford site, no pic and the description suggests, so who knows what $30 buys you.....

Should not be this hard

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The best option for the catch can is re-use the factory connectors, just simply cut the stock hose and replace with ours.

Evil2ltr

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Alto Blue Maverick XLT AWD
FOMOCO..

Always making things easier... LOL
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.