Sponsored

Installed Buschur's catch can and how it went.

Phillipjon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM 3500 - 1996 F250 - 2012 Ford Flex
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
5/8 I do believe.

Jville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Ecoboost awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What I am not seeing concerning the 2.0EB, is that no one is addressing the PCV to intake hose. This is normally where you would split to a catch can. I normally do the catch can here even on classic 60's cars that have a PCV. I will definitely install a catch can between the PCV and intake when my Mav Hybrid arrives, even though it is not GDI or boosted. Thx all.

notorious beebs

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for this post! Just bought and installed the same kit, and had the same issue. My inner fender didn’t have a nutsert / wasn’t threaded, and had to pull a nut and washer out of the toolbox to use

Jville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Ecoboost awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Hybrid 2.5 is port injection. Once my Hybrid Arrives, I will have both Hybrid and Eco. Probably keep the Hybrid just because of the carbon problem on the 2.0, although the 2.0 is my preferred choice. Even on the Hybrid I plan to install a catch can to reduce body throttle/intake buildup. Don't understand why Ford installs the pcv line to the intake after the air filter. Air filters are fairly inexpensive to replace and obviously would act as another barrier.

Sponsored

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What happens in the winter? Would it freeze causing it not be able to drain. Where do you drain it to, a small cup? Does it make a mess? Then you have to have a waste oil can to dump the sludge. There is controversy around these things. It needs to be drained periodically. Most likely people who go throgh the trouble to install it, this is not an issue. But people who just want to turn the key and go probably not so much. To me it's something that may help and can't hurt as long as maintained properly.

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What happens in the winter? Would it freeze causing it not be able to drain. Where do you drain it to, a small cup? Does it make a mess? Then you have to have a waste oil can to dump the sludge. There is controversy around these things. It needs to be drained periodically. Most likely people who go throgh the trouble to install it, this is not an issue. But people who just want to turn the key and go probably not so much. To me it's something that may help and can't hurt as long as maintained properly.
I drove mine all winter and park outside. Typically drain it when the engine bay is warm, I had no issues, it's not something that gets drained daily. Our can has a drain hose with a cap on it, makes draining very easy, an old cup (NOT Styrofoam) can be used or pop bottle etc.

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also, I have another thread going about that bolt hole. The newest models of the truck do not have a threaded hole like my truck does. We now include a bolt/nut in each kit, so the mounting issue is addressed.

Sponsored

Dodeboost

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL ecoboost AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I received my catch can from Buschur's and installed it today. Install took about 30 minuted and 20 of that was making sure I did everything right.

I didn't get install instructions in the box so I had to work it out myself. It was a problem, I was just nervous about making a mistake that could have caused the truck to be undrivable for a while. This led me to double check my triple checks to make sure I did it right. If I were to install another I could be done in 10-15 minutes.

The catch can came with a bolt to fasten it to the truck but no nut. There was nowhere to screw the bolt, it was just a hole. I had to use my own washers and nut to fasten it down. Again not an issue if you have the parts laying around.
nut and washer.jpg

I was most nervous about cutting the existing hose as it is a Saturday and I didn't want to make a mistake that would have the truck down a long time. A razor blade right at the end got them to pop off. Be careful not to cut the o-ring underneath. The hoses that came with the catch can were the right length and didn't need trimming.
where to cut.jpg

Fit.jpg

Fit 2.jpg

What I did notice is the existing fitting were soaking wet inside. Oily feel and a strong gas smell. One can argue whether or not it will hurt the engine, but I don't see how you could argue against it being there at all and I don't see how that is good for anything in the long run. You can see the oil and gas on it.
oil and gas.jpg
I plan on doing this as well, but worried about warranty issues. Is it possible to get the factory hoses off without cutting so they can be re installed?

OP
OP

psuarmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I plan on doing this as well, but worried about warranty issues. Is it possible to get the factory hoses off without cutting so they can be re installed?
No. I cut mine off. I heard there is a way to get them off but it will show you did something to them. If you are worried it might be worth it to buy that part and have it to put back on if you need to go for engine work.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I received my catch can from Buschur's and installed it today. Install took about 30 minuted and 20 of that was making sure I did everything right.

I didn't get install instructions in the box so I had to work it out myself. It was a problem, I was just nervous about making a mistake that could have caused the truck to be undrivable for a while. This led me to double check my triple checks to make sure I did it right. If I were to install another I could be done in 10-15 minutes.

The catch can came with a bolt to fasten it to the truck but no nut. There was nowhere to screw the bolt, it was just a hole. I had to use my own washers and nut to fasten it down. Again not an issue if you have the parts laying around.
nut and washer.jpg

I was most nervous about cutting the existing hose as it is a Saturday and I didn't want to make a mistake that would have the truck down a long time. A razor blade right at the end got them to pop off. Be careful not to cut the o-ring underneath. The hoses that came with the catch can were the right length and didn't need trimming.
where to cut.jpg

Fit.jpg

Fit 2.jpg

What I did notice is the existing fitting were soaking wet inside. Oily feel and a strong gas smell. One can argue whether or not it will hurt the engine, but I don't see how you could argue against it being there at all and I don't see how that is good for anything in the long run. You can see the oil and gas on it.
oil and gas.jpg
Why would anybody install something that would void the warranty on your vehicle 😵💫

OP
OP

psuarmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why would anybody install something that would void the warranty on your vehicle 😵💫
Are you asking why people modify their vehicles? Are you a proponent of everyone must think the same way, like the same things and do the same things? Or do you just think every should do, act and say as you see fit?
Sponsored