RRaynor2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I installed the 2.0EB catch can made by Buschur on my Maverick over the weekend. Build quality of the can looks pretty good. I peeked in the fitting and verified some stainless-looking medium inside. I do like the mounting location. I ended up using standard hose clamps as a temporary solution, and am waiting on spring clamps to come in. Buschur ships with pinch clamps but I want to be able to remove the hoses easily. It was nerve wracking using a razor blade on the stock fittings, but seemed to go OK. I also put some foam padding between the can and other hoses/features to prevent rub through (no pics of that).

I'm not sure how draining it will go, as the drain hose hangs pretty low into the engine bay. I might shorten it eventually, or even remove it.

One thing I don't like is that the kit came with no pictures, no instructions, nothing. The website has a brief description of how to install it but it's pretty sparse. Even a pic on the website of the installed can would make it much easier and give us shade tree guys a little more confidence in the install.

Ford Maverick Buschur's 2.0EB catch can installed 20221112_145531
Ford Maverick Buschur's 2.0EB catch can installed 20221112_145542
Sponsored

Last edited:

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice. I have one waiting in its box for about 6 months or more now. Waiting on my 22 now 23 order maverick so I can install it. It does look like great quality. I was curios about how to drain it as well with the hose location.

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Have you reached out to them on here? They are a forum sponsor and I’m sure they would appreciate the feedback

OP
OP
RRaynor2

RRaynor2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have you reached out to them on here? They are a forum sponsor and I’m sure they would appreciate the feedback
I haven't yet. I'll shoot over a quick note. Thanks for the suggestion.

Reactions: Aza

Phillipjon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM 3500 - 1996 F250 - 2012 Ford Flex
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is that a new mounting spot?

Ford Maverick Buschur's 2.0EB catch can installed maverick-20-eb-oil-separatorcatch-can

OP
OP
RRaynor2

RRaynor2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is that a new mounting spot?

maverick-20-eb-oil-separatorcatch-can.jpg
Yes I believe it is. According to some posts from Buschur, Ford was playing around with holes in the fender wells (changing size or even omitting) so he changed the mounting to the coolant reservoir bracket. It's less tucked away but still a decent spot I think.
Sponsored