Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
The primary reason for me, from a performance shop, is the intercooler being ruined, the decrease in contaminants in the combustion chamber is second and the build up of gunk is third.

To be honest, I wouldn't waste my money doing it on a hybrid.
Thanks, all the talk of intercoolers had me questioning everything lol

I appreciate the educated helping out the clueless out here.
Sponsored

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks, all the talk of intercoolers had me questioning everything lol

I appreciate the educated helping out the clueless out here.
Correct me if I’m wrong……..
The hybrid does not have a turbo.
Therefore, no intercooler.

villageidiot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many many in the past, none currently
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
further, the hybrid uses an “Atkinson cycle” engine arrangement which leaves the valves open a touch and they don’t have the problem of coming up

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Sorry if I was not clear, I was saying that much of the discussion around intercoolers is what initially threw me off because the hybrid does not have one.

CactusMav

First Name
Brando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Maverick AWD 4K
The primary reason for me, from a performance shop, is the intercooler being ruined, the decrease in contaminants in the combustion chamber is second and the build up of gunk is third.

To be honest, I wouldn't waste my money doing it on a hybrid.
Question. This is my first new truck and I want to do everything I can to protect it. How hard is this to install on the Mav? I have a 2.0 AWD and just want to make it nice! I’d like a cold air intake but I don’t see those yet

Sponsored

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Question. This is my first new truck and I want to do everything I can to protect it. How hard is this to install on the Mav? I have a 2.0 AWD and just want to make it nice! I’d like a cold air intake but I don’t see those yet
Both our catch can and our intake are easy to install, intake is SUPER easy. The catch can the only hard part is releasing the factory clips that hold the hoses to the intake and valve cover. We are going to do a short video on that as soon as we get a minute.

You can order from our website, www.buschursllc.com or call, 567-424-0471.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Buschur have the second batch started shipping yet? just picked mine up today and want to get the can on asap.
Unfortunately our tubing supplier screwed up and didn't put our order in. The tubing was just shipped to us late last week. As soon as it gets here it is priority to get them built, I have a lot of orders here waiting, we can build them quickly since it's all in house and the powder coater is across the street.

villageidiot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many many in the past, none currently
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
got mine in, got mine on, nice simple easy install once you get those godawful clips on the stock intake hose off (i couldn't get em off, i broke em).

thanks for a nice kit.

Sponsored

Firecap18

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX,
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree to using these with direct injected engines like these but from experience with my ecoboost mustang they aren’t worth the risk of hydro locking the engine if the container isn’t watched carefully and drained during the winter months. Mine would fill up with milky oil and need to be dumped every 2-4 weeks. A few times the cup was full to the rim. The engine produces too much condensation in the cup when it cools down in freezing weather. I thought it was something I was doing wrong only to find out from others in the massachhsetts area they have the same problem with catch can setups during the winter. Not worth the risk to me living here but if I lived in a southern state I’d run one for sure.

Firecap18

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX,
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It’s probably too expensive to engineer for the more economical motors but I’m hoping to see more engines like the 2.7 liter in the Bronco with dual injection. One direct into cylinder the other via the intake port. They say it improves atomization of the fuel/air for ignition but also and I think more importantly the fuel washes carbon off back of the valves avoiding the carbon buildup that’s been a problem with direct injection over port injection. Ive also heard the fuel cools the valve and valve seats prolonging their life and avoiding a dropped valve.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree to using these with direct injected engines like these but from experience with my ecoboost mustang they aren’t worth the risk of hydro locking the engine if the container isn’t watched carefully and drained during the winter months. Mine would fill up with milky oil and need to be dumped every 2-4 weeks. A few times the cup was full to the rim. The engine produces too much condensation in the cup when it cools down in freezing weather. I thought it was something I was doing wrong only to find out from others in the massachhsetts area they have the same problem with catch can setups during the winter. Not worth the risk to me living here but if I lived in a southern state I’d run one for sure.
There is absolutely no way a catch can is going to hydro lock an engine, zero, nada, impossible.

Firecap18

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX,
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is absolutely no way a catch can is going to hydro lock an engine, zero, nada, impossible.
haha I expected that !!:) . Just tell me where is the fluid going to flow when the can is full and the turbo keeps building pressure. It’s certainly not going backward. So tell me.. what’s my agenda telling you about a real issue. I know all about hydro locked motors but let’s put that aside and ask what sort of problems will that fluid cause even just getting into the intake plenum or freezing in the catch can or lines. That can of milk has only one place to flow and it didn’t need to be all that much getting into the cylinders to cause a problem. But hey it’s our choice to buy or not. I’ve thrown my money away once on one and for the reasons I mentioned won’t be buying another one. I didn’t wanna go there to scare off your customers but I guess the underlying takeaway now that so much been said is that anyone thinking about installing one should to do a little research before buying one. It’s a known fact that cold weather can be an issue and if your not aware of that potential then I’m a little suspect.

Last edited:

Firecap18

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX,
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
haha I expected that !!:) . Just tell me where is the fluid going to flow when the can is full and the turbo keeps building pressure. It’s certainly not going backward. So tell me.. what’s my agenda telling you about a real issue. I know all about hydro locked motors but let’s put that aside and ask what sort of problems will that fluid cause even just getting into the intake plenum or freeze in the catch can. That can of milk has only one place to flow and it didn’t need to be all that much getting into the cylinders to cause a problem. But hey it’s our choice to buy or not. I’ve thrown my money away once on one and for the reasons I mentioned won’t be buying another one. I didn’t wanna go there to scare off your customers but I guess the underlying takeaway now that so much been said is that anyone thinking about installing one should to do a little research before buying one. It’s a known fact that cold weather can be an issue and if your not aware of that potential then I’m a little suspect.
https://www.mcnallyelectronics.com/...-from-Freezing-in-the-Winter-Months_b_12.html
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.