TC in MN

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav XLT, CG, 2.0, AWD, Lux, tow, 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Most companies will retune for minor mods as you add them to your vehicle after initially buying the tuner and first tune.
Appreciate the info, thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the prompt reply, the steel re-enforcement
The steel bumper is an integral part of the front end, on most cars (since we are racers to the core) we eliminate the steel bumpers behind the fascia to drop weight. In the case of this truck it's the only steel in the entire front end, there are frame horns and fenders, the bumper is the only steel in between.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really like the idea of keeping temps down

This is the first time I will have owned a vehicle with a turbo. Having done some research, the tow package will keep engine and trans temps down, but turbo generated heat is not directly impacted…thus need for a larger intercooler. Once installed and tuned, is there a need to monitor the re-tuning as miles are put on? I’m guessing having the exhaust and muffler redo is best done when the intercooler is installed? Thanks.
There won't be a reason to monitor the engine once the intercooler is added with a tune. I am 100% certain the computer is gonna go nuts with this larger intercooler and limit power again. The pressure drop across the core is going to cause the boost to go up, which is going to cause more limiters to be hit.

TC in MN

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There won't be a reason to monitor the engine once the intercooler is added with a tune. I am 100% certain the computer is gonna go nuts with this larger intercooler and limit power again. The pressure drop across the core is going to cause the boost to go up, which is going to cause more limiters to be hit.
Excellent! The extended warranty I have on my Escape excludes damage to the exhaust manifold. The fine print states that any part that is damaged caused by a non covered part would not be covered either….So, I would rather pay the money to reduce the potential problem (if their excluding it, there is a reason) than pay and pray. Thanks for all the info you are giving us!

TC in MN

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The steel bumper is an integral part of the front end, on most cars (since we are racers to the core) we eliminate the steel bumpers behind the fascia to drop weight. In the case of this truck it's the only steel in the entire front end, there are frame horns and fenders, the bumper is the only steel in between.
Thanks…while I like my ‘16 Escape, the crash ratings for small overlap side hits (Insurance highway Safety) testing are poor…now getting older and slower but still have the gumption to continue the joy of driving, having a steel bumper wrapping around the front end is a major reason for getting the Maverick…I’ll be slower but happier. Looking forward to your final work review on the intercooler.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.