Sponsored

Check out the comparison of the Buschur front mount intercooler kit to the stock POS

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Since you are digging around in the area there. Do you have any insight on how to get a radiator with the capacity of the 4k model into the space thats been cut down by the Tremor front bumper? I am planning on making my own 4K package for the Tremor. Word is that the main reason it was cut is cooling.

Do you think your intercooler will fit in a Tremor bumper or have you made one for a BS Badlands? I am thinking I will want to beef up the power on a Tremor eventually. Maybe others will want to aswell.
Any answer I'd give you is a guess, the Tremor isn't even out there yet, so there is no way for me to know.
Sponsored

Trucklet

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How much more coolant is required?
I misread this question but interpret it as "How much more cooling is required?" as in: This one is twice the size of OEM, but if I made one even twice the size of yours... is it better, or are there quickly diminishing returns?

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Any answer I'd give you is a guess, the Tremor isn't even out there yet, so there is no way for me to know.
Right on, should be very similar to the radiator space in a Bronco Sport Badlands. Time will tell.

nick112288

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Ram 2500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm curious how this would do on an otherwise stock truck.

I'm looking at a 4k package to tow a pop up, but that would only be maybe once or twice a year stressing the truck through the Smokies. Otherwise it would be local tows on essentially flat roads and daily driving to and from work.

I have no interest in a tune yet simply because there isn't enough info out there yet on whatever trans is in the 4k can handle.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm curious how this would do on an otherwise stock truck.

I'm looking at a 4k package to tow a pop up, but that would only be maybe once or twice a year stressing the truck through the Smokies. Otherwise it would be local tows on essentially flat roads and daily driving to and from work.

I have no interest in a tune yet simply because there isn't enough info out there yet on whatever trans is in the 4k can handle.
The intercooler is 100% beneficial for towing, the logs of the intake air temps are retarded high just doing a quarter mile pull, pulling a trailer up a hill in the summer I can't even guess how high they'd get.

Redd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now that Tremors are starting to roll off the line, any plans to test the intercooler application?

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now that Tremors are starting to roll off the line, any plans to test the intercooler application?
I'd need a Tremor here but I'm 100% positive the intercooler on it, even if larger than the standard truck, is still way too small.

Redd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd need a Tremor here but I'm 100% positive the intercooler on it, even if larger than the standard truck, is still way too small.
Sorry, I meant testing whether y'all's FMIC has a chance of working on Tremors, given the approach angle of that front fascia or whether a different design would be required for that application.

Edit: Looking at install pics, it would seem to be pretty much impossible without hacking up the fascia pretty significantly.

Last edited:

Ottocycle

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' RS6 Avant, 14' CTS-V Wagon, 87' BMW 535is
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Is there trimming of bumper required? I'm assuming so since your intercooler is much thicker

Sponsored

jalbano2

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux, EB , 4k , FX4 , Moonroof
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

AMCfoxbody

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We didn't take pics like this when we did all the development for our front mount intercooler kit. The stock one we destroyed cutting it apart. Today we have another Maverick in our shop to install the front mount kit on and this was a great picture to show how massive our upgrade is. The stock intercooler is an undersized lightweight piece of garbage.

These are $899.

IMG_1133.jpg
Do you have a cost for labor to do the install that you can share? Would consider making a trip to have you guys install this in-house. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.