Sponsored

Check out the comparison of the Buschur front mount intercooler kit to the stock POS

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is there trimming of bumper required? I'm assuming so since your intercooler is much thicker
No trimming of the bumper or fascia, just the plastic surround the radiator.
Sponsored

DHouch1813

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Maverick XLT Lux, FX4 w/4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No trimming of the bumper or fascia, just the plastic surround the radiator.
Is ya'lls FMIC more exposed? Looking at the picture on website it seems like there is less plastic in the front of it. I'm looking to upgrade mine but worried about the light off roading I do during hunting season. Since October (when hunting season started here in Va) my MPG dropped from 31+-MPG highway to 22+MPG and the only thing I can think of is the intercooler being sludged up, which I plan to order a catch can, and the intercooler being drowned in a couple not so deep mud holes. TIA!

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is ya'lls FMIC more exposed? Looking at the picture on website it seems like there is less plastic in the front of it. I'm looking to upgrade mine but worried about the light off roading I do during hunting season. Since October (when hunting season started here in Va) my MPG dropped from 31+-MPG highway to 22+MPG and the only thing I can think of is the intercooler being sludged up, which I plan to order a catch can, and the intercooler being drowned in a couple not so deep mud holes. TIA!
The factory intercooler because it is so thin is set back further and has the factory shutters on it. The intercooler design we use is a bar and plate, they really can't be damaged because of the thickness of the bars where the air actually flows through, you'd have to run it into a tree limb seriously hard to puncture or damage the intercooler.

Redd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is there any chance of development of a FMIC that's compatible with the Tremor front-end or is the market potential for it not large enough for that?

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is there any chance of development of a FMIC that's compatible with the Tremor front-end or is the market potential for it not large enough for that?
Bring me a Tremor and we will see if it fits.

Sponsored

Redd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bring me a Tremor and we will see if it fits.
My production date is coming up next month. Will definitely consider it after I take delivery. Bit shy of a 9 hour drive from my neck of the woods. Maybe I'll scratch the intake and catch can off my list while I'm there so if the FMIC doesn't work out, it wouldn't be a total bust lol.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My production date is coming up next month. Will definitely consider it after I take delivery. Bit shy of a 9 hour drive from my neck of the woods. Maybe I'll scratch the intake and catch can off my list while I'm there so if the FMIC doesn't work out, it wouldn't be a total bust lol.
If you bring us the first one I'll cut you a break on the install. When you get it if you just send pics I can get a good idea if it's going to fit.

Redd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you bring us the first one I'll cut you a break on the install. When you get it if you just send pics I can get a good idea if it's going to fit.
Sounds like a plan
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.