First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Correct, both of those two holes were not threaded at all.
Just had Brad stop in here and we installed the intake in his truck. His was no tapped either! We ran a tap 6x1.0 through the hole and used the supplied bolt. We will switch to a self tapping bolt in the future kits.
Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just had Brad stop in here and we installed the intake in his truck. His was no tapped either! We ran a tap 6x1.0 through the hole and used the supplied bolt. We will switch to a self tapping bolt in the future kits.
It makes sense that the factory would figure out not to waste time tapping a hole they aren't using. You have a very early production model which would have been tapped.

jpage8645

First Name
Jeremy Page
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 1973 Maverick, 2012 Tundra, 2020 F250
Thanks for the review! The bolt hole for the mount isn't tapped on your truck? That's super odd, the reason we mounted it there was there was an existing bolt hole with nothing in it.

Thank for posting the sound clips!
my truck was delivered the 3rd week of October and neither one of my holes was tapped... I had to tap them myself, but it worked fine.

connerd98

First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT AWD
Got my intake installed; it was pretty simple, looks great, and sounds amazing. Videos really don't do any justice for the sounds that it makes. After I buttoned everything up I went for a drive and the wrench light came on; Ford Pass alerted me about reduced power and what not. I'm a very cautious person when it comes to messing with electronics even if its the temp sensor for the intake. I didn't feel any power loss or anything and I had reached out to Mr. Buschur if they had the same thing happen to them while testing their Maverick, he said they hadn't and they very moment he said that the wrench light went away and hasn't come back since. I think it was a random little gremlin on the Mavs part. This intake is awesome and I've already noticed the power increase as well as a bump up in my fuel economy. Sorry for the long post but I wanted to post my experience in case any of y'all get the wrench light, also I plugged my code reader in just in case and had my service department look at it as I work at a dealership. 10/10 product and customer service and patiently waiting for a sick exhaust to come out.

Ford Maverick Buschur 2.0 intake installed w/ video sound clips IMG_0210

Sponsored

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got my intake installed; it was pretty simple, looks great, and sounds amazing. Videos really don't do any justice for the sounds that it makes. After I buttoned everything up I went for a drive and the wrench light came on; Ford Pass alerted me about reduced power and what not. I'm a very cautious person when it comes to messing with electronics even if its the temp sensor for the intake. I didn't feel any power loss or anything and I had reached out to Mr. Buschur if they had the same thing happen to them while testing their Maverick, he said they hadn't and they very moment he said that the wrench light went away and hasn't come back since. I think it was a random little gremlin on the Mavs part. This intake is awesome and I've already noticed the power increase as well as a bump up in my fuel economy. Sorry for the long post but I wanted to post my experience in case any of y'all get the wrench light, also I plugged my code reader in just in case and had my service department look at it as I work at a dealership. 10/10 product and customer service and patiently waiting for a sick exhaust to come out.

IMG_0210.jpg
Thanks for the review! Very glad you are happy with it! It's been the easiest increase in power for the truck so far and like you said, the sounds are awesome!

Superg0

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for my 2024 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This intake is so different than the AFE and S&B intakes. It looks so much simpler to install. No boxes or tubes to replace. Convince me why this is better?

Automan21

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Subaru WRX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This intake is so different than the AFE and S&B intakes. It looks so much simpler to install. No boxes or tubes to replace. Convince me why this is better?
That’s the whole thing, it’s just an open, bare bones intake for the maverick. Nothing that will impede air flow. Granted it’s not an official “cold air intake” but the way the maverick is designed there’s a whole bunch of air rushing through the engine bay anyway. I can’t wait for mine which I ordered two weeks ago.

Superg0

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for my 2024 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That S&B intake not only increase the flow to the filter, but has a larger intake tubes to the turbo. I really want to see some actual dyno pulls with just the airbox intake changed. Buschur is definitely on the short list, but I need some real world figures!

Justin says...

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got and installed my Buschur intake today. So far I’d say the fit and finish are good. Shipping was next day but I’m also pretty close to them. If I could change anything I wish the IAT sensor mounted differently. I’m a little nervous that it could eventually suck the grommet in when it warms up.
Small issue I had with the mounting arm is that the supplied bolt didn’t work. The hole it’s intended for isn’t threaded. I ended up trying to use it to cut its own but that just ended up stripping out the bolt. I used a stainless self tapper.

I can’t speak for the performance yet but I don’t even care. The turbo noises make it worth every penny.

82CB21D0-6608-409E-B8AD-FC2DEFF10020.jpeg

6574BBE4-6735-4D7A-816D-194F5C4380D4.jpeg

Sound clips:

So you dont already have a blow off valve/diverter? All those blow off sounds are just from the intake? Also can you actually hear the turbo spooling? A bit tough to tell from the videos.

thanks

Sponsored

Automan21

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Subaru WRX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So you dont already have a blow off valve/diverter? All those blow off sounds are just from the intake? Also can you actually hear the turbo spooling? A bit tough to tell from the videos.

thanks
This ^^^^

Automan21

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Subaru WRX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I finally got my intake today from Buschur. Not very impressive, I mean it looks and feels well made as far as powder coating and the welded bracket. The filter is not a k&n branded one but they are pretty much all the same. My issue is with the MAF sensor placement. It seems very loose and not very secure. The sensor is removed by twisting off and out of the stock air box. Installing on the Buschurs intake pipe is just pushing into the grommet. It also has no way of not spinning around and keeping the element straight for proper air measurement. The sensor has a small tab that allows it to lock securely into the stock air box mount. I don’t wanna break it off to fit flush since that tab also keeps it from being inserted too far into the aftermarket tube. Not sure how long I’d stay with this on the truck. Not too happy with the fitment and how I have to rig it up with a tie wrap.
pics for clicks.

Ford Maverick Buschur 2.0 intake installed w/ video sound clips IMG_3133

Ford Maverick Buschur 2.0 intake installed w/ video sound clips IMG_3136

Superg0

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for my 2024 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I finally got my intake today from Buschur. Not very impressive, I mean it looks and feels well made as far as powder coating and the welded bracket. The filter is not a k&n branded one but they are pretty much all the same. My issue is with the MAF sensor placement. It seems very loose and not very secure. The sensor is removed by twisting off and out of the stock air box. Installing on the Buschurs intake pipe is just pushing into the grommet. It also has no way of not spinning around and keeping the element straight for proper air measurement. The sensor has a small tab that allows it to lock securely into the stock air box mount. I don’t wanna break it off to fit flush since that tab also keeps it from being inserted too far into the aftermarket tube. Not sure how long I’d stay with this on the truck. Not too happy with the fitment and how I have to rig it up with a tie wrap.
pics for clicks.

IMG_3133.jpeg

IMG_3136.jpeg
If you look a couple of posts up his is fully inserted? Pretty sure both tabs should be in there

Ford Maverick Buschur 2.0 intake installed w/ video sound clips inCapture.PNG

Superg0

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for my 2024 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dont know if you tried but it looks like there is a release on that insert. Separate the tan from the black and install the tan clip from the inside of the intake, then clip the black side. Would require removing the intake though.

Automan21

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Subaru WRX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dont know if you tried but it looks like there is a release on that insert. Separate the tan from the black and install the tan clip from the inside of the intake, then clip the black side. Would require removing the intake though.
Yes that’s to get the plug off the sensor. I unplugged from the sensor then twisted it to remove it from the stock tube. It’s keyed so I have to turn and pull the sensor out.
I don’t see why it should be inserted from the inside, figure since it came with no instructions it would be self explanatory. It would still be loose as hell that way anyway. Possibly even get sucked in if that little tais not there to hold it back.
Idk
I might keep it on for a bit then remove it for a better set up.
I already emailed the manufacturer.
thanks for the advice though.
Sponsored