First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are you reaching 2/3 to 3/4 of the way down?
If it possible you’re not lining up correctly?
I’d sooner think Racechip put the wrong plug than the factory.
yeah especially since the factory parts are working.
if you look at the area where it looks like the cable is taped, below that which is about half way down the engine, there are two plugs, one with more than wires the other with two and the B plug doesn't fit. there is another connector behind and to the passenger side of the Intake Manifold MAP sensor, and in front of the injector wiring. I can't identify what that sensor is but since you and RaceChip seem want to point more toward the center of the engine, I ignored that one. And these connectors are buggers to get unlatched. I have pretty strong hands but I do have arthritis so trying to open those latches is a bit painful, which I wasn't expecting at all. Especially the ones with the red thumb latch. Can't get those to separate at all and I will return this, and I really want to run this system, rather than break or damage a connector on this truck.
Sponsored

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
yeah especially since the factory parts are working.
if you look at the area where it looks like the cable is taped, below that which is about half way down the engine, there are two plugs, one with more than wires the other with two and the B plug doesn't fit. there is another connector behind and to the passenger side of the Intake Manifold MAP sensor, and in front of the injector wiring. I can't identify what that sensor is but since you and RaceChip seem want to point more toward the center of the engine, I ignored that one. And these connectors are buggers to get unlatched. I have pretty strong hands but I do have arthritis so trying to open those latches is a bit painful, which I wasn't expecting at all. Especially the ones with the red thumb latch. Can't get those to separate at all and I will return this, and I really want to run this system, rather than break or damage a connector on this truck.
I’d recommend practicing the latches on the RaceChip harness itself.
It should be nice and easy.
I’ll see if I can get a video for you tonight of the location, but it’s a few inches towards the passenger side from center and about an arm’s length down. I had to squeeze my elbow past the intake pipe to reach it. Others have recommended going from underneath if you don’t have an FX4.

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I appreciate it the effort. I am wondering if it wouldn't be easier to access the connector, if it is that far down, to get at it from below. I haven't looked at taking off the skid plate but it may be easier. As it is, I am having to stand on a stool to get at the cowl. I am building a strut support to keep the flex out of the struts when I get this thing on uneven terrain.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I appreciate it the effort. I am wondering if it wouldn't be easier to access the connector, if it is that far down, to get at it from below. I haven't looked at taking off the skid plate but it may be easier. As it is, I am having to stand on a stool to get at the cowl. I am building a strut support to keep the flex out of the struts when I get this thing on uneven terrain.
Happy to help.
If you have any trouble viewing the video PM me your email address.
Make sure to watch the video to the end. I pause for a moment to allow the phone to focus.
https://app.photobucket.com/u/esetn...86fbdf/p/87468154-de84-4882-9292-86b23ca486ee

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Happy to help.
If you have any trouble viewing the video PM me your email address.
Make sure to watch the video to the end. I pause for a moment to allow the phone to focus.
https://app.photobucket.com/u/esetn...86fbdf/p/87468154-de84-4882-9292-86b23ca486ee
so from what I am seeing B is down at the bottom of the fan shroud/radiator and appears to be attached to the core support. I will check that out and it probably will take me getting to it from the underside but I will give it a whirl from the top first. Thanks, I will let you know how it goes.

Sponsored

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
so from what I am seeing B is down at the bottom of the fan shroud/radiator and appears to be attached to the core support. I will check that out and it probably will take me getting to it from the underside but I will give it a whirl from the top first. Thanks, I will let you know how it goes.
Most have said it’s easier to go in from underneath. Our condo has a shared parking lot so I had the advantage of standing on the curb in front of the truck.
Good luck!
Let us know how it goes.

Ford Maverick Buschur Intake and Race Chip installed on 2.0 EcoBoost 8B6A92F1-9D07-4287-BD15-A0CA193E6BD3

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Most have said it’s easier to go in from underneath. Our condo has a shared parking lot so I had the advantage of standing on the curb in front of the truck.
Good luck!
Let us know how it goes.

8B6A92F1-9D07-4287-BD15-A0CA193E6BD3.jpeg
RaceChip kept sending areas circled at the top of the engine which is why I have been having such a problem finding it. That picture shows me it is below center, closer to the bottom of the fan shroud and near the bottom set of hoses, I believe that the hose below is part of the intercooler return.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
RaceChip kept sending areas circled at the top of the engine which is why I have been having such a problem finding it. That picture shows me it is below center, closer to the bottom of the fan shroud and near the bottom set of hoses, I believe that the hose below is part of the intercooler return.
It seems I was lucky in that I purchased mine used and used the pictures posted by friarpop rather than their instructions to do my install.
Have you had any luck?

Sirslayer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just got my racechip gts and the instructions are wrong!! My A connector is a 5 wire setup and the only plug on my Maverick 2.0 that’s a 5 wire is located near the back firewall but it’s a bit bigger so it didn’t fit. Is there different versions of the wire harness or my racechip is packaged wrong ?? There’s is no YouTube video that I couldn’t find for the Maverick engine sensors locations

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The only possible way to increase fuel economy 10% at a steady speed would be if 10% of your fuel had previously been going into the cat to be burned up. This is not how engines operate, if you ran your engine that rich it'd burn up the cat. This level of gain just isn't possible unless you have a chip that can change the thermal efficiency of the engine, which advancing your timing won't do.

What is possible is changing your engine to act like it's in Eco mode.

An intake also won't help your mileage - the biggest restriction is the throttle valve. Wide open throttle power might be helped but not fuel economy.

If someone can show me actual science about this I'd be happy to change my mind, but all the internet has is people trying to sell me something with claims that basically say "it works." In the 80s it was the "200 mpg carbuerator they don't want you to know about." Now it's tunes & chips.

Sponsored

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It seems I was lucky in that I purchased mine used and used the pictures posted by friarpop rather than their instructions to do my install.
Have you had any luck?
Found it between the lower radiator hose and inter cooler return attached to the block. Works and am using economy mode will try the others tomorrow.
If you look at your picture, it was down about, what appears to be, 6" and was attached to the block with the connector pointing up into the sensor (this is what was attached to the block) and the sensor appeared to have something in the air flow but with the hoses blocking my complete view of the area, I am just guessing.
But I did find it and I had almost given up finding it when I moved the intercooler return and saw a wire bundle that I had not seen which I followed and felt the connector. I started moving the hoses a bit, pretty tight confines in that area, and found the sensor. The only 3 wire sensor on the front of the engine that I could find.

Last edited:

Sirslayer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did also , it was easy to install and using number 7 on the racechip is the only improvement I can notice. Not bad at all
Sponsored