First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you know if the BCB can be unmarried and installed on another Maverick, and do they support e85 tunes?
I currently have a Racechip waiting to get installed, but had contacted BCB via email asking and haven’t heard back from them.
It's VIN specific. They would have to redo the tune to make it work on another Maverick. They do support E30 for sure. Not sure about E85.
Sponsored

FriarPop

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Does the chip also improve fuel economy or strictly just performance?
Im getting about 15% increased fuel economy, but mostly notice it more on highway, getting 33.5 instead of 29mpg expected. They claimed 20% increase but thats probably driving 50mph in perfect conditions.

aspect

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux FX4 2.0 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone gotten the racechip on a dyno?

Sponsored

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also any info on the racechip/JB4 debate? Which is better?
So far I have had no luck in getting the Racechip GTS installed. The instructions suck as the pictures are in black and white and nothing on the engine looks like the image they enclosed in the instructions. The tech support is in Germany and I am in the Mountain West so I am -7 GMT and they are +2 so they are done by 10 am my time and it takes a day to get a response. The last image they sent me appears to want a connection at the fuel injection not at the boost sensor and the MAP sensor that is in the factory service manual is on the throttle body so.... I am really thinking about sending this thing back if I can't find the connection points.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So far I have had no luck in getting the Racechip GTS installed. The instructions suck as the pictures are in black and white and nothing on the engine looks like the image they enclosed in the instructions. The tech support is in Germany and I am in the Mountain West so I am -7 GMT and they are +2 so they are done by 10 am my time and it takes a day to get a response. The last image they sent me appears to want a connection at the fuel injection not at the boost sensor and the MAP sensor that is in the factory service manual is on the throttle body so.... I am really thinking about sending this thing back if I can't find the connection points.
It’s very easy; just did the install myself this week.
I purchased mine used and used the pictures posted on the forum. Thank you Friar!

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the pictures, they are helpful but I was already certain that A was the mass air sensor on the intake and I am still unable to identify the boost sensor as all of the connectors to the sensors, at least all that I can find, on the front of the engine above the throttle body, are either 2 wire or more than 4 wire sensors so the B plug doesn't work on them. I am starting to wonder if my XLT is a strange beast. None of the pictures I can find at RaceChip even come close to matching my engine configuration. The boost sensor in their pictures appears to be on the core support and I can't find any sensor on the core support other than the A/C evap sensor (a two wire sensor)
the first picture is from the front and you can see the intake manifold and MAP sensor which is where the "A" cable will connect. The second picture is taken from just drivers side of center, you can see the fan. there are two connectors that are below the area which looks like it is wrapped in tape, one is a two wire the other is a six wire and neither will work. so unless it is behind the MAP sensor I am at a loss as to where it might be.
Just FYI, I have built engines for years but this is the first "intelligent system" I have worked on. I usually build up hot-rods and boats without ECU or PCM. Turbo and supercharged systems but this is the first attempt at playing around with the electro-tune system. ( I am over 70) The first engine I built was a 1958 Austin Healey 4 banger

Ford Maverick Buschur Intake and Race Chip installed on 2.0 EcoBoost 20220920_092624

Ford Maverick Buschur Intake and Race Chip installed on 2.0 EcoBoost 20220920_092742

Last edited:
Sponsored

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the pictures, they are helpful but I was already certain that A was the mass air sensor on the intake and I am still unable to identify the boost sensor as all of the connectors to the sensors, at least all that I can find, on the front of the engine above the throttle body, are either 2 wire or more than 4 wire sensors so the B plug doesn't work on them. I am starting to wonder if my XLT is a strange beast. None of the pictures I can find at RaceChip even come close to matching my engine configuration. The boost sensor in their pictures appears to be on the core support and I can't find any sensor on the core support other than the A/C evap sensor (a two wire sensor)
Yw.
When you’re looking straight down it should be the plug that has the white part of the click looking up at you.

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yw.
When you’re looking straight down it should be the plug that has the white part of the click looking up at you.
That is why I am wondering if I have a strange beast. The only plug with a white lock on it on the front of the engine is a two wire plug and the "B" plug won't fit it, it's too big. The A plug fits perfectly on the Manifold Air Pressure sensor on the intake manifold.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is why I am wondering if I have a strange beast. The only plug with a white lock on it on the front of the engine is a two wire plug and the "B" plug won't fit it, it's too big. The A plug fits perfectly on the Manifold Air Pressure sensor on the intake manifold.
Are you reaching 2/3 to 3/4 of the way down?
If it possible you’re not lining up correctly?
I’d sooner think Racechip put the wrong plug than the factory.

Jared

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’d only buy for better mpg. You say it’s noticeably better on the mpg?
Sponsored