Bronco issues, will Maverick have them too

NapsterKnowHow

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
I wasn't advocating for Consumer Reports. In fact, I know they were heavily biased in the 80's towards any car not domestically produced. I've noticed that of late, many ratings are not grouped nearly as much by brand or country of origin. Rather, one brand often has models at both ends of the ratings scale. This is more likely the case in recent years than before.

By neutral reviews, do you mean objective reviews, or reviews with a median score distribution centered around the middle? I think you mean the former, and I don't consider CR the most objective source either.
Correct I meant objective views. CR seems to be lacking in that in the past 5 years or so from my observations.
Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well I suppose thats an option but of course that is not the average leaser. What is funny about this statement is that you could take all that money you put into leasing and utilize those funds that would be much better use of cash in the long run. Lease away my friend, I love capitalism.
Love it, 80% of my lease payments are tax-deductible, so I utilize those funds for better use.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wasn't advocating for Consumer Reports. In fact, I know they were heavily biased in the 80's towards any car not domestically produced.
With good reason, the domestic auto industry in the early 80s at least was a complete disaster. Almost overnight changes in government regulations and the fuel crisis hit large heavy vehicles the hardest of all, which is mostly what the domestic industry was focused on.

The heavier the vehicle with the larger displacement engines required the worst power robbing adjustments, and power to weight ratios plummeted from vehicles even from two decades earlier. With a fuel crisis, they also struggled to improve fuel economy using low cost and untested methods to quickly reduce weight on these large vehicles. And they had new crash standards and the heavier vehicles had a hard time so they tacked on big tacky bumpers.

The foreign vehicles had mostly focused on small lightweight economy cars, and these were less impacted by these changing focus on emissions, crash, and fuel economy standards. So while they weren't great either, they weren't hit as bad.

Starting in the late 70s to early 80s the UAW also became increasingly corrupt, infiltrated heavily by the mafia nearly killing the domestic auto industry with low productivity, poor quality, and exorbitant labor rates. Detroit, one of the domestic auto industries capitals went into extreme decline with rapid flight out of the city and instead became the arson capital of the US.

So if Consumer Reports was warning their customers of the declining quality domestic cars and to look at efficient Japanese imports at the time, it was for good reason and good advice.

rp2s

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None, waiting for 2024 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No, because it doesn't have a removable top.🤣

In all seriousness the maverick isn't an all-new platform. Based on escape/ bronco sport with a lot of already known systems in use that keeps price down and quality up.

I'm confident in the quality coming out.
I believe it’s actually based on the Ford Fusion chassis.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last edited:

Sponsored

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500c, Dodge Grandkidsvan, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There’s about a 100% chance there will be some sort of issue(s) with the Maverick. Having a good rapport with your local dealer and service department are big factors in my mind. One of several reasons I purchased local.
I’m late to this post but I have had zero issues with my Maverick Hybrid to date (Thursday Sept. 30th) @ 9:18 PM EDT … absolutely nothing for 13 weeks

rp2s

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m late to this post but I have had zero issues with my Maverick Hybrid to date (Thursday Sept. 30th) @ 9:18 PM EDT … absolutely nothing for 13 weeks
How can you be driving a hybrid when they have not been cleared by the EPA? They are not ready to sell.

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How can you be driving a hybrid when they have not been cleared by the EPA? They are not ready to sell.
Who said anything about drivinG? Anyway my hybrid has so far cost me $0 in gas and insurance. Pretty spectacular if you ask me.

Sponsored

rp2s

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

TomD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I saw one video where the Bronco was off roading and it locked up and all the “GOAT” modes went away. He was eventually able to get it started back up but still had zero driving modes.
There were problems with one of the engines. I think it was the 4 cylinder model. No matter what it says in the add not all Broncos are created equal. The BlackDiamond, Badlands or those equipped with the Sasquatch package are the only trucks “in my opinion” that should go down something more than a two track. Looks are deceiving. My son took a Jeep I had off roading and managed to tear a lot of the wires off from under the truck. We had to have a heart to heart about that.
Sponsored