b4crimes

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Honda CB650R, Bronco Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Something to also consider when reading this forum along with bronco sport forum, it is like an echo chamber. Youre seeing everyone complain about issues but how many people do not use the forum? 20 issues out 500 people in the forum is still not great but that is not the full picture. My wife has a bronco sport we randomly stumbled upon and it has 3600 miles on it and we have nothing but praise for it. Issues will be apparent once retail orders come out but hopefully you get the luck of the draw. Manufacturing is never perfect. (i work in manufacturing and we have failures coming back even though they passed QC perfect)
Sponsored

MavrickEcoBoost

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Been reading post from bronco owners who are having lots of issues with their broncos..
Starting to wonder if it’s best to wait till the kinks get worked out with the Maverick
The reasons I feel more confident about the Maverick is that is reused parts. So Engine, Trans, Diff and Frame are from previous cars ie Escape, Edge, Bronco Sport, EcoSport.

The Bronco had one platform to pull from and they added, two new roof options, a new transmission, three new diffs, a new engine and transmission option, two new door options, and multiple lines of off road suv at the same time.

The Maverick will have issues, but it wont be near as much as what the Bronco will have for the next couple years.

NapsterKnowHow

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Same Consumer Reports April 2021 issue gave "top recommended" status to the Ford Mustang, Ford Edge, and Ford Expedition Max. The new F-150 and Mach-E didn't have a score yet. :confused:
Other glowing reports doesn't excuse them from biased and unfair reviews.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
People always say that though when they don't like the result, so for example the Jeep Renegade they gave a "failing" score of 37 to with lowest predicted reliability score and lowest consumer satisfaction survey score... and people said "well they are just biased against Jeep", but if you scroll up the Jeep Gladiator is in "Recommended Best in Class" rank with "highest predicted reliability" score and "highest consumer satisfaction" score. Its like that with most brands, where some vehicles they dog, others they like, all within the same brand. If they just said that like all Chevys or all Fords are bad or something, that would be clear intent of bias, but if you look at their report card on the Ford page below, it doesn't show signs of brand-bias:
Ford Maverick Bronco issues, will Maverick have them too Screenshot 2021-09-13 123345

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hands down, leasing is probably the worst financial mistake you can make. You make a down payment, pay sales tax and closing fees, make monthly payments, turn your car in after three years and hope the dealer does not try to pass on wear/tear fees and when your done with it all - you have nothing. No car, no money and forced to do it all over again.
Oh lord, are you my CPA? I have tax right offs so to have your comment only shows you don't under the true benefits of leasing if you can write all the lease payments.

Sponsored

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Consumer Reports has rated some manufacturer's models at the top and bottom of the scale, and its been noted that quality issues and reliability are not always brand-specific these days so much as model-specific. Globalization has contributed to this as has some features and options being more problematic than others.

As for Ford, they have quality issues that they acknowledge and is reported across most auto publications.

https://www.thedetroitbureau.com/2020/11/ford-ceo-farley-wants-to-make-quality-job-1-again/

gman62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport to Maverick?
Oh lord, are you my CPA? I have tax right offs so to have your comment only shows you don't under the true benefits of leasing if you can write all the lease payments.
Well I suppose thats an option but of course that is not the average leaser. What is funny about this statement is that you could take all that money you put into leasing and utilize those funds that would be much better use of cash in the long run. Lease away my friend, I love capitalism.

gman62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport to Maverick?
Well I suppose thats an option but of course that is not the average leaser. What is funny about this statement is that you could take all that money you put into leasing and utilize those funds that would be much better use of cash in the long run. Lease away my friend, I love capitalism.
By the way, love your tax right off statement. Reminds me of the great Jerry and Kramer argument on Seinfeld. Google it.

docroland

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT 2022
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Focus, my Sportwagen and my FIT were all built in Mexico. Focus had a rear wheel seal recall early, went 250k before it was totaled in an accident (not my fault)- was running strong. Sportwagen, zero problems aside from critters- 250k, 2016 FIT also NADA, 156k. Never had any issue with anything made in Mexico…

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not all warranties are created equal though. Make sure its a Ford warranty and not their own private dealer or third party warranty that may have terms that aren't all that great.
I would also make sure the other warranty doesn't run concurrent to the Ford warranty. If it does then yes you have a "double" warranty but they both end at the same time. Nothing gained!

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unless things have changed, one could purchase the Ford Extended Warranties (there are several) anytime during the original warranty period, so might be worthwhile driving a year or two before committing the funds
That sounds like a good idea! Thanks!

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

NapsterKnowHow

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Consumer Reports has rated some manufacturer's models at the top and bottom of the scale, and its been noted that quality issues and reliability are not always brand-specific these days so much as model-specific. Globalization has contributed to this as has some features and options being more problematic than others.

As for Ford, they have quality issues that they acknowledge and is reported across most auto publications.

https://www.thedetroitbureau.com/2020/11/ford-ceo-farley-wants-to-make-quality-job-1-again/
I've seen more neutral reviews from sites with advertising than Consumer Reports. They seems to be straying further and further from their promise of fair reviews.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've seen more neutral reviews from sites with advertising than Consumer Reports. They seems to be straying further and further from their promise of fair reviews.
I wasn't advocating for Consumer Reports. In fact, I know they were heavily biased in the 80's towards any car not domestically produced. I've noticed that of late, many ratings are not grouped nearly as much by brand or country of origin. Rather, one brand often has models at both ends of the ratings scale. This is more likely the case in recent years than before.

By neutral reviews, do you mean objective reviews, or reviews with a median score distribution centered around the middle? I think you mean the former, and I don't consider CR the most objective source either.
Sponsored