First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Dakota, Mazda b2600i
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did I miss some maverick related news, or some change,? I just noticed all mention of the Maverick truck has been scrubbed from BAT website, past auctions, comments, even the category itself, its bizarre.
Sponsored

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Did I miss some maverick related news, or some change,? I just noticed all mention of the Maverick truck has been scrubbed from BAT website, past auctions, comments, even the category itself, its bizarre.
Maybe they're wrenching on the website right now to separate the Maverick car from the Maverick truck?

I have never looked before, but I see that the 70-77 Maverick does not exist, and surely it should.

MetalsGeek

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rough
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Yamaha FZ-07
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
BringATrailer is pretty picky about the vehicles they sell, with a focus on either rare collector cars or classics that have been "restored". I have sold cars thru them and recently sold my '87 Mustang GT. As the original owner of this California car, I knew it's FULL history and kept it well maintained. It had 50K miles on a rebuilt engine and manual tranny overhaul. Paint was failing so BAT turned it down. They sold a similar car with visible flood damage, serious frame damage (from rust) that was badly repaired with inappropriate scrap metal, and a junk yard transmission (spray painted ID) but a nice exterior paint job and cleaned interior. They had zero history on it (coulda been stolen too?) but sold it for top dollar to someone who clearly had more money than common sense. I don't fault BAT for knowing their business, but it WAS a bit annoying to see glam win over substance. So... BAT is picky and they have their own criteria developed over years of experience. I don't think Mavericks (either current or from the 70's) fit their business model.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
BringATrailer is pretty picky about the vehicles they sell, with a focus on either rare collector cars or classics that have been "restored". I have sold cars thru them and recently sold my '87 Mustang GT. As the original owner of this California car, I knew it's FULL history and kept it well maintained. It had 50K miles on a rebuilt engine and manual tranny overhaul. Paint was failing so BAT turned it down. They sold a similar car with visible flood damage, serious frame damage (from rust) that was badly repaired with inappropriate scrap metal, and a junk yard transmission (spray painted ID) but a nice exterior paint job and cleaned interior. They had zero history on it (coulda been stolen too?) but sold it for top dollar to someone who clearly had more money than common sense. I don't fault BAT for knowing their business, but it WAS a bit annoying to see glam win over substance. So... BAT is picky and they have their own criteria developed over years of experience. I don't think Mavericks (either current or from the 70's) fit their business model.
I'll never understand how some of the vehicles with clear title branding, accident/flood history etc make it on to BAT and then how much people pay for them even with subject matter experts in the comments pointing out the issues.

Sponsored

TomD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There are 40 Mavericks listed on Vroom. There is a black 2023 Tremor listed for the lower $38000 range. The listing shows that it has less than 2000 miles on it. With their paperwork fee, handling fee, washing it fee, and shipping it it would probably be closer to $41000. Compared to what they are asking for an XL it doesn’t seem too bad.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

OP
OP

Xtaro

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Dakota, Mazda b2600i
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
so the op is mistaken if he ever saw a Maverick truck there. the only maverick listings are 11 sold 70 to 77 cars.
Maybe you're right, I searched back through the wayback machine and no mention of a Maverick, im almost certain I saw auctions on there. Am I crazy?