Sponsored

DEACT Climate control... Is the digital readout gone for all, including Lariat?

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know sometime last year, in the midst of the 2022 MY, Ford removed the digital temperature displays from the DEACT dials due to chip problems.

I never did notice if they were removed from all trim levels in 2022, and wonder if it is still gone from 2023 Lariat controls.

I know there have already been a few 2023 Lariats delivered. Anyone know the answer yet?
Sponsored

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All of the pictures and videos of 23 Lariats thus far have shown the digital readout is still gone. ☹
I have a 22 Lariat that was built after the removal of the digital readout. I was totally ticked when the removal began. Hey, I paid for this and now Ford removes it. :mad: I can now say after driving my Lariat for five months that it is nothing to get worked up about. The temps for the driver and the passenger are shown on the top corners of the display. It is actually less distracting to see them on the display than on the selector knobs where the driver has to look down and can be distracted. Easier to find the knob and watch the temp selection on the screen IMHO.;)

OP
OP
BradnChristine

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 22 Lariat that was built after the removal of the digital readout. I was totally ticked when the removal began. Hey, I paid for this and now Ford removes it. :mad: I can now say after driving my Lariat for five months that it is nothing to get worked up about. The temps for the driver and the passenger are shown on the top corners of the display. It is actually less distracting to see them on the display than on the selector knobs where the driver has to look down and can be distracted. Easier to find the knob and watch the temp selection on the screen IMHO.;)
Thanks. I got used to them in my 2017 C-Max. I'm sure I'll get used to them being in the display instead. I was hoping they resumed putting them in. Certainly not whining about it, just curious as I wait... So far my build date is still just 15 days away....

22RolloverClub

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek, 2019 VW Jetta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wasn't on the Tremor that Long Mcarthur showed

Sponsored

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Chevrolet K1500, 1989 Corvette Conv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My guess is it’s a cost down change to allow the same knob used for both Celsius and Fahrenheit but maybe both can be used with the numeric dial? If not probably still a cost down (cheaper to produce) change.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have a 22 Lariat that was built after the removal of the digital readout. It is actually less distracting to see them on the display than on the selector knobs where the driver has to look down and can be distracted. Easier to find the knob and watch the temp selection on the screen IMHO.;)
If you use Android Auto it does not display.

RJC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
RUSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK CARBO GREY AWD XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine has the display on the screen and the knob as well , it was built before the constraints.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes my cousin wife and nephew brother learnt me how to cipher it

Sponsored

Joeneonturbo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Dodge SRT-4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I heard the dials are still being installed on bronco sports [long McArthur?]. It’s all abt increasing profit margins on one of the cheapest vehicles out there.

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes my cousin wife and nephew brother learnt me how to cipher it
So, what is the real deal?? Maybe you own a Quick Lane service center along with the dealership??!! You could be using the red neck thing as a disguise on this forum, so you don't catch h_ll from disgruntled Maverick buyers!!!!

As a Ford dealership owner, you probably have tickets to the Tennessee Vs. Clemson game tonight. Tigers are down about 20 players but still have enough gas in the tank to lay it on the Vols!!!:ROFLMAO::p Keep on keeping on, mechanician (GA Redneck word)

`
-

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

hahahaha I didnt get to go but I have customers there at the Bowl :) Our local dealership owner ( traitor) is an Alabama fan ... ugggg. Thanks for the laugh brother :)

Catster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Fusion hybrid, Dodge GC, Chevy Bolt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks. I got used to them in my 2017 C-Max. I'm sure I'll get used to them being in the display instead. I was hoping they resumed putting them in. Certainly not whining about it, just curious as I wait... So far my build date is still just 15 days away....
When you have Apple carplay or Android auto working, the temp display drops off of the main screen. They do pop back up if you adjust the temperature setting, so no harm?

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe temp display on the dials will return Job 2. Anything's possible.
Sponsored