First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If that's the biggest design flaw, I ain't complaining. I never had a locking tailgate before, been driving trucks for 40 years.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered the stick-on keypad so will see how that works out.

guessing handle sensor will be on the truck standard soon. Most new vehicles are adopting trunk/bed handle sensors as standard equipment

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Love the truck. Have had it 2 yrs now.

needs a tailgate handle sensor for opening and locking. Constantly having to pull out the fob or go to the door keypad to open or lock the tailgate. Annoying as hell.
It's a cheap truck. I feel like anytime a more affordable vehicle comes out, people pester a brand, and are like "Why doesn't it have this, why doesn't it have that?" The brands add that stuff, and when the price increases noticably, people are like "Why are you increasing the price, this is meant to be an affordable car".

Pocowano

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F/250 and a cadillac xts
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

needs a tailgate handle sensor for opening and locking. Constantly having to pull out the fob or go to the door keypad to open or lock the tailgate. Annoying as hell.
I'm surprised on how people want to complain about the littlest things. So what if you have to get your key fob out, or take 3 steps to touch the front door handle to unlock the tailgate!!
I love my Maverick and I don't mind getting the key fob out or taking a couple steps.

OP
OP

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It’s a hassle. I work out of the bed and there’s lots of times I want bed access with the truck locked.

Rear handle sensors are not some
foo foo pricey luxury item. They are pretty much the norm on all new cars. If Ford wants to be cheap, offer it as an add on like the stick on keypad. But I’m betting the tailgate sensor will be standard soon.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If a fancy, upscale, luxury car can have this feature in its base trim, it should someday make it to the Mav. Lariat.

FamousAmos

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's a cheap truck. I feel like anytime a more affordable vehicle comes out, people pester a brand, and are like "Why doesn't it have this, why doesn't it have that?" The brands add that stuff, and when the price increases noticably, people are like "Why are you increasing the price, this is meant to be an affordable car".
From your mouth to God's ear. I wish people would shut-the-hell-up and quit bitching about this economically-priced little truck. Bless you, my son - may the bluebird of happiness shit in your flat hat. (An old Navy expression.)

OP
OP

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So cheaper vehicles in base trim have this feature but the truck don’t and we should just shut up !

lol.

Toe the line son. Eat what’s on your plate.!

jorl

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav HYB XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wish,I wish,I wish...
give 'em a dime-they want a dollar

OP
OP

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dream large. Someday our lowly truck may have this luxury add on

Sponsored

Sim_S

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sentra, 2013 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Never had one, so can’t opine. But, it’s good Mav owners voice their opinions - some of those get read by Ford and the competition- which might have some impact on their planning.
ignore the haters who can’t take any criticism of their beloved Mav.
And for those who justify some things because of the price, be sure Ford is making good money even on Mavericks.
Ford is losing $30,000 per EV , guess where that money is coming from ?
My new F150 Scab STX was $18,000 Canadian ( so less than $14k US) brand new in 2014. A base XL Mav here is around $36 k. So, double my F150 ! Don’t think inflation has gone up that much.

Snowbird

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV 2018
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hate tailgates that lock when you lock the cab.

Glad my XL is old school. I can deal with the key lock when I want to lock it up.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just watching, not yet ordered.
Do all Mavericks have a locking tailgate?
My XL does. Stick the key in the lock and turn it to lock or unlock. I know mine works because my locksmith tried it when she cut me a spare key.
😉
Sponsored