Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The question of sound settings comes up a lot and it occurred to me that the first question anyone should ask themselves is not about the truck at all. This is not a judgment of any person, or their preferences or what's "right".

Do you enjoy live music / do you go to concerts?

Why this question? Because live music is loud, and more often than not, fairly high quality sound.

If you don't enjoy concerts there's a good possibility that you don't have any interest in listening to music loud, and you might not appreciate high quality music reproduction. I literally mean appreciation; I understand most people can hear differences in audio, but some just don't care.

If you made it this far, my concern is when people suggest cranking the tone controls. A lot say that. And it might work ok at low volume levels but I'm sure it's not a good thing at high volume. In the context of the Maverick, let's call 'low' volume below 12. Let's say moderate is 13-18. A lot of people think 15 is loud! A factory B&O system can play to 30 with the tone controls set appropriately.

This video explains why you should not add tone controls like a "U":

Ford Maverick Best settings for audio, sound quality of stock or B&O system, etc EQ U
Sponsored