aspect

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux FX4 2.0 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great post! This is the kind of content that makes these forums worth reading.

I will say that the "new vehicle crowd" definitely brings out some interesting takes on car modifications.

My personal perspective on the warranty is, ok so what? We are a community of people who can afford a BRAND NEW $~30k truck. If the waterproofing fails, take it out and re-seal it. If the LED module fails, then I guess you need to buy another headlight unit? Certainly a risk for the early-adopters like our friend the OP here but it looks like it's fine.

If you are someone who can't live with the stress of maybe needing to replace a part that you broke while modifying it, then it would be better to just avoid these threads altogether.

I've baked and painted the headlights on two other vehicles with zero issues and if I had a little more spare time I would jump on this mod for sure. Looks awesome. It didn't occur to me to just strip off the chrome but this is a way better way to do it.

Thanks!

OP
OP
2023Area51

2023Area51

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great post! This is the kind of content that makes these forums worth reading.

I will say that the "new vehicle crowd" definitely brings out some interesting takes on car modifications.

My personal perspective on the warranty is, ok so what? We are a community of people who can afford a BRAND NEW $~30k truck. If the waterproofing fails, take it out and re-seal it. If the LED module fails, then I guess you need to buy another headlight unit? Certainly a risk for the early-adopters like our friend the OP here but it looks like it's fine.

If you are someone who can't live with the stress of maybe needing to replace a part that you broke while modifying it, then it would be better to just avoid these threads altogether.

I've baked and painted the headlights on two other vehicles with zero issues and if I had a little more spare time I would jump on this mod for sure. Looks awesome. It didn't occur to me to just strip off the chrome but this is a way better way to do it.

Thanks!
Glad you like the post!

I completely agree with what you say. I grew up restoring/modding cars and trucks and love personalizing them. If the LED module fails, I will replace it with another unit or try to fix it. With that said, I respect those who would prefer not to modify and mess with the warranty.

I am glad to hear that many have found this helpful. I love reading build threads here and seeing what others have done to customize and personalize these trucks.

OP
OP
2023Area51

2023Area51

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Some people are not concerned with warranties
Don’t get me wrong a warranty is a great thing but I never let it get in the way of my vision
I was a chicken and just bought BAP headlights for my truck…. However I have done this mod on other cars with no issue
Thanks! I gotta say, I love what you've done with your Maverick. It looks awesome!

Sponsored

OP
OP
2023Area51

2023Area51

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like the look, just hesitant to do this in my oven.

OP
OP
2023Area51

2023Area51

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Quick update: I visited a Ford dealership while I was with my in-laws over Thanksgiving. They had a BAP XLT Cyber Orange Maverick (my second favorite color after Area 51) and took some side-by-side photos. Hope you enjoy!

Ford Maverick BAP'ing Guide for DIY Black Appearance Package - Front Headlights Edition IMG_8945
Ford Maverick BAP'ing Guide for DIY Black Appearance Package - Front Headlights Edition IMG_8946
Ford Maverick BAP'ing Guide for DIY Black Appearance Package - Front Headlights Edition IMG_8947

arcnsparc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like how that turned out. Once summer comes back to MN, I'll probably do the same.

Sponsored

clos0791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Alto Blue AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Some people are not concerned with warranties
Don’t get me wrong a warranty is a great thing but I never let it get in the way of my vision
I was a chicken and just bought BAP headlights for my truck…. However I have done this mod on other cars with no issue
If you dont mind, how much for the BAP headlights? I have a Lariat and would also like BAP. I know taking off the front bumper is a pain.

VicRattlehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple ford cars and a truck
Engine
Undecided
I took apart my first set of headlights dang near 25 years ago. It was probably 02 ish and I have my 96 Tbird and wanted that dark look the new mustang had. So I took em apart, people thought I was nuts but the loved the look. I got the bap package cause I wanted the interior, the lights were a bonus.
Good job!

VicRattlehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple ford cars and a truck
Engine
Undecided
FWIW

nz6z13008a
Ford Headlamp Assembly, Right
Maverick. Without led reflector lamp. Right. Without accent lighting.
$865.37

nz6z13008c
FordHeadlamp Assembly, Left
Maverick. Without led reflector lamp. Left. Without accent lighting.
$865.37

nz6z13008b
FordMaverick. With led reflector lamp. Right. With accent lighting.
$1,072.49

nz6z13008d

Ford Maverick. With led reflector lamp. Left. With accent lighting.
$1,072.49

OP
OP
2023Area51

2023Area51

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you dont mind, how much for the BAP headlights? I have a Lariat and would also like BAP. I know taking off the front bumper is a pain.
Used was right around $500 a light. New is quoted above. I found some for less, but they usually had broken clips.

Defconxzero

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Used was right around $500 a light. New is quoted above. I found some for less, but they usually had broken clips.
any fogging in the headlights since youve done this?> that would be my only concern,,
Sponsored