Sponsored

Any Black Appearance Package Maverick pics?

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a hybrid Lariat with the black appearance package, Lux, and CP in Hot Pepper Red. I think the black trim, wheels, and interior will accent and compliment the HPR. I think the price is a fair price to pay. If anyone were to add 18" wheels and tires, that alone would be over $1600.
Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And the wheels shown may not be the package wheels as they are described as having a machined surface.
They have machined surfaces, it's just painted over black. You can see them in their exposed metal version on the 18" Lariat optional wheels which are the same pattern.

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I think this body color does look like Avalanche..it's a little light for CGray. Note the door handles are not Black either. And the wheels shown may not be the package wheels as they are described as having a machined surface. Personally I like the wheels from this photo. Ford is asking us to order a package sight unseen!
Like I said, it is definitely a crude render because it just doesn't align. I too think it looks Avalanche, but it can't be per the order guide as that's a Tremor only color. The door handles not being black is another glaring discrepancy. Good catch on the wheels as well, I think the "machined" is a typo, I'd bet wheels will be all black as order guide shows with no machining. Ford is notorious for having typos and misinformation in these guides. It's crazy because they should have had PLENTY of time to proofread and update.. The summer interns must have went back to class in the fall and the higher ups are too high to be bothered with cleaning up these documents :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know its the exact same wheel, but there is no visible machined finish on the right, it is 100% a black wheel.
Machined means it's been milled flat. Doesn't necessarily mean it's exposed.

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

On your order form it should indicate vinyl or cloth for your seats depending on XL or Lariat.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Correct, Ford technically calls that color Medium Dark Slate but it does have a bit of blue to it, at least in my opinion. And everything that's currently Medium Dark Slate in XL, XLT and Lariat, will still be Medium Dark Slate in Black Appearance Package Mavericks and Tremors as well. Just the seats and other accent parts and pieces will be Black Onyx. I think we can expect BAP interior to look very much like the Tremor interior, less the orange stitching and Tremor logos of course.

1663347942464.png

1663348016773.png

Either way, Ford answered on all of the interior color complaints and it's nice to see a 'black' interior available on all trims.
And the black accent seats are said to be cloth, not vinyl.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

And that's what I want clarification on. If I get the XLT BAP, am I spending $1600 for some slightly different rims, black/tinted accents, and the privilege of getting XL seats in my XLT truck?

Seems like way too much money if that's the case.
Too bad you're way up north and I'm in Central Texas, because I would swap the black ActiveX seats for black fabric seats in a heartbeat... (My wife said "Well, as long as both have the seat heaters... She loves heated seats in the winter.) If I could have gotten the Adaptive Cruise Control in an XLT, I would have preferred that cloth interior.

Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think this body color does look like Avalanche..it's a little light for CGray. Note the door handles are not Black either. And the wheels shown may not be the package wheels as they are described as having a machined surface. Personally I like the wheels from this photo. Ford is asking us to order a package sight unseen!
Reading between the lines, I suspect the "black door handles" are only on the inside door pulls (in place of the "desert brown" pulls). I think the outside door handles will remain body-colored, as in the picture.

xplorguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Veloster N
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now that we have the Wheels and exterior bits cleared up I would like to see photos of the cloth seats and interior of XLT BAP....hopefully upgraded from the base XL and not just using the parts bin?!

OP
OP
Jamesrchapman1949

Jamesrchapman1949

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Look at the black onyx cloth sample at the dealership I was told

Tbabb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If anyone finds a pic of an Alto Blue with the BAP, please post it.

Bmav423

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Too bad you're way up north and I'm in Central Texas, because I would swap the black ActiveX seats for black fabric seats in a heartbeat... (My wife said "Well, as long as both have the seat heaters... She loves heated seats in the winter.) If I could have gotten the Adaptive Cruise Control in an XLT, I would have preferred that cloth interior.
I'm in Plano and would jump on the black appearance package for my XLT if it meant getting the ActiveX seats. Point being you'd surely find somebody (even me) willing to swap you but I do wonder how easy that would be. Given that I've ordered an XLT without Lux, if I get the BAP then I'd have black seats but without power adjustments or heat. Therefore it would be an effort in swapping the skins rather than the entire seat so you don't lose those features. I wonder if there is any fitment consideration for the power adjustments and heat.
Sponsored