Sponsored

Black Appearance Package - any more photos?

aubradford

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hey gang, just joined here as I've ordered a 2023 Lariat hybrid, alto blue with the black appearance package (BAP). I saw the image in the order guide of the so-called BAP, but in the image the door handles aren't black, something listed as a component of the BAP. Has anyone seen more images or mockups of this package? I'm particularly interested in getting eyes on the seats, which are listed as onyx black, which I'm thrilled about as I don't love the color of the other option! Anybody else order this package or have thoughts on how it will look?
Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw the image in the order guide of the so-called BAP, but in the image the door handles aren't black, something listed as a component of the BAP.
Some suspect it's referring to the door pull being black instead of the Navy Pier/Orange of the XLT or Bronze on the Lariat.

Ford Maverick Black Appearance Package - any more photos? 1663684314675

ford5

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150; 2018 Murano
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a Lariat hybrid in silver with the BAP. Like you I'm very interested in the interior. I know the wheels and trim will look great but what happens to the predominantly blue interior? I'm hoping the black seats will be an upgrade over the standard two-tone seats and hopefully, the interior trim will be black as well. We may have to wait until the online build in October to see more and get a better description. I hope the BAP doesn't become a constraint item because I'm sure orders will exceed expectations.

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Some suspect it's referring to the door pull being black instead of the Navy Pier/Orange of the XLT or Bronze on the Lariat.

1663684314675.png
@Darnon is typically right on the money! I'd believe it was intended to refer to the interior pull/handle as well.

The only image we have so far is that one in the packaging guide, which shows a Lariat BAP with body color exterior handles. Exterior door handles are already black on XL and XLT, you'd have to get Lariat to get painted handles, I suspect it's staying this way. Even on the Tremor Appearance Pack, the Carb Gray exterior handles are only on Lariat Tremors. The painted handles Ford uses seem to only be for models with Intelligent Access (keyless entry) which also limits them to Lariats. Unfortunately to truly confirm we'll have to wait and see some real world images of the BAP, which could be a little while.

Tbabb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a XLT Alto Blue with the black appearance package but can’t find pics so I really don’t know how the black will contrast with the dark blue.

Sponsored

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is from the 2023 Maverick Guide Ford put out. It is the Tremor XLT interior (I think anyway, it is really hard to tell, but panels that are blue in regular XLT interiors appear to be black here). That is similar to the BAP as I understand it. Sorry for the picture quality, I had to zoom in.

Ford Maverick Black Appearance Package - any more photos? XLT Tremor Interior.JPG

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is from the 2023 Maverick Guide Ford put out. It is the Tremor XLT interior (I think anyway, it is really hard to tell, but panels that are blue in regular XLT interiors appear to be black here). That is similar to the BAP as I understand it. Sorry for the picture quality, I had to zoom in.

XLT Tremor Interior.JPG
Nice find thanks! it appers to be same as xlt seats with orange stitching so half done BAP look? it comes with black seats..

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

XLT Tremor Interior.JPG
That's just a regular XLT interior.

AltoBAP

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered a XLT Alto Blue with the black appearance package but can’t find pics so I really don’t know how the black will contrast with the dark blue.
Me too, buddy. It will look good, I promise.

Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Here is a new image of the BAP posted on Facebook with the Atlas Blue. What's concerning is it also says the Lariat with BAP will have Cloth seats which would be stupid so that's hopefully an error.

Ford Maverick Black Appearance Package - any more photos? FB_IMG_1663899737393

Ford Maverick Black Appearance Package - any more photos? FB_IMG_1663899498005

atlasbluedude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Buick LeSabre
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@skadizzle thanks for posting this. That's the color/BAP combo I just ordered. Where on Facebook did you find this?

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here, we call Black Editions the
Water /Salt Stained Always Looks Smudged or Dusty, Heat Magnet Edition®

palmtreefrb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX2, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is a new image of the BAP posted on Facebook with the Atlas Blue. What's concerning is it also says the Lariat with BAP will have Cloth seats which would be stupid so that's hopefully an error.

FB_IMG_1663899737393.jpg

FB_IMG_1663899498005.jpg
Hmmm, well the order guide indicates activex...
Ford Maverick Black Appearance Package - any more photos? Screenshot from 2022-09-23 08-51-12-activex

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

FB_IMG_1663899737393.jpg

FB_IMG_1663899498005.jpg
The order guide is a much better source than some random unsourced post on Facebook.
Sponsored