First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've also got a rattle that appears to be coming from the rear driver side. It comes and goes while driving. Like another post, it seems like it's coming from the seatbelt area. I haven't tried closing the upright part of the seat from the passenger side as someone suggested. I'll try that.

There's a plastic "box" behind the seat that is not completely secure and moves around without much effort but I don't think that's it. The sound I'm hearing leads me to think it's something metal vibrating.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Austun316

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xl
I've also got a rattle that appears to be coming from the rear driver side. It comes and goes while driving. Like another post, it seems like it's coming from the seatbelt area. I haven't tried closing the upright part of the seat from the passenger side as someone suggested. I'll try that.

There's a plastic "box" behind the seat that is not completely secure and moves around without much effort but I don't think that's it. The sound I'm hearing leads me to think it's something metal vibrating.
I'm actually thinking the same but mine is coming from the rear passenger door now.

Ringo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1953 MGTD, 1953 F100, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey Ringo what did you adjust
The latch itself on the back of the cab. I placed a shim under to make closing easier and more secure. Tightened up again and I will see what happens. It made the noise only on a secondary road and I haven’t checked it yet.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided

Hi there. This rattle concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Maverick. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

Pop2020

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi there. This rattle concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Maverick. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
PM sent. Yes, it is annoying but at least it isn't constant. I'll have it looked at when I take my Maverick in for recall work (heat shield letter received, expecting air bag letter soon).

Sponsored

IslaDelDan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 & 2019 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Mav has 10K miles and I finally figured out the rear seat noise. Thanks for the member help too. The rear seat latch on mine was not aligned properly to engage with the seat back and lock it into place. I expect it passed quality control but should not have.
Yes - you lock the rear seat back into place from the passenger rear and unlock the seat back using the nylon tab at the top of the seat back.
Anyway - to fix the miss-alignment I used a hammer and knocked the latch downward maybe 1/8 inch or so. Now it engages just fine and locks into place - and I have no more rattle or noise - so this problem is solved. This may be just what some of you have experienced, however, a few seem different based on your descriptions.
Good luck!

OP
OP

Austun316

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xl
I
My Mav has 10K miles and I finally figured out the rear seat noise. Thanks for the member help too. The rear seat latch on mine was not aligned properly to engage with the seat back and lock it into place. I expect it passed quality control but should not have.
Yes - you lock the rear seat back into place from the passenger rear and unlock the seat back using the nylon tab at the top of the seat back.
Anyway - to fix the miss-alignment I used a hammer and knocked the latch downward maybe 1/8 inch or so. Now it engages just fine and locks into place - and I have no more rattle or noise - so this problem is solved. This may be just what some of you have experienced, however, a few seem different based on your descriptions.
Good luck!
I have no problems closing it and it's secure as is..

Before you hit it did it feel loose at all?

OP
OP

Austun316

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xl
I can the next time I go out to my truck. It’s literally just a piece of black foam with 3M tape on the metal seat latch where they contact each other. You may have different rattling locations.
Can you send me a Pic of it. Just curious

IslaDelDan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 & 2019 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine wasn't loose at all - it just didn't latch so was not aligned. The pic above is a good one of the latch mechanism on the back of the rear seat. Mine looks just like it - with grease and in working order.

Sponsored

NWA

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I heard the same thing in my truck and I finally figured it out. See the butterfly shaped bracket in the picture. If you “flip” it with your finger it vibrates like one of those springy door stops little kids like to play with. I squeezed the top o the wings to put a little tension on them and then wrapped electrical tape around them. Did the same thing to the bottom of the wings. Vibration eliminated.

Ford Maverick Backseat rattle 61BB3164-8E9C-407D-BBFF-09BD8F3BDE9B

Pop2020

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks, NWA, I'll check it out. Something like that would seem to create the type of sound I'm hearing, although I would swear it's coming from the rear passenger area more toward that door, but who knows. I'll post my results here after I check it out.

I dropped my Maverick off at my dealer after two-month wait to get in and then found out I only had a "slot" and they would have my truck for up to a week to 10 days to look at it. After three days and them not getting to it, I had to get my truck back and all they claimed they "couldn't replicate the issue" even though I could hear the rattle before I got out of the parking lot.

I'll just wait until I can get the airbag recall done before letting a dealer get it again. I hit them hard on it in their post-visit email survey but haven't gotten any communication in follow-up.
Sponsored