2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EGolf
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi All,
I have pretty bad rattles and able to fix some by myself. I have taken to dealer 2x and they didn't resolve much. Basically, I think they don't have the time or patience to chase down on these rattle noises.
I have fixed a couple of them. One of them is the rattle from the audio control unit and next to the HVAC.
I am trying to figure the 2nd really bad rattle near the dash. I am wondering if anyone have instructions how to open up the dash? Like the sequence and which piece to take out? I have attached a picture of the area that I want to check under. Thanks.

Ford Maverick Fixing rattle maverick dash
Sponsored

BradGroux

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Website
msft.expert
Vehicle(s)
2023 F-150 XLT Powerboost
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe for the speedo cluster, there are two screws at the base of the steering wheel. And then you just pull straight out once those are removed. As far the top, the end caps of the dash pop off from each side (you have to open the doors). Once removed there are screws behind that.

Examples:

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It could very well be that you have the same issue as me, and the sound is coming from the A pillars...

OP
OP

j1truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EGolf
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It could very well be that you have the same issue as me, and the sound is coming from the A pillars...
When I drive over bigger rough bumps, I would hear thump thump thump near right below the windshield area or around there.. How did you get yours fixed?

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

When I drive over bigger rough bumps, I would hear thump thump thump near right below the windshield area or around there.. How did you get yours fixed?
I haven't. The dealer service center is absolute shit. I've been to two dealers more than 10 times at this point.

Sponsored

Paulsr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford mustang , escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi All,
I have pretty bad rattles and able to fix some by myself. I have taken to dealer 2x and they didn't resolve much. Basically, I think they don't have the time or patience to chase down on these rattle noises.
I have fixed a couple of them. One of them is the rattle from the audio control unit and next to the HVAC.
I am trying to figure the 2nd really bad rattle near the dash. I am wondering if anyone have instructions how to open up the dash? Like the sequence and which piece to take out? I have attached a picture of the area that I want to check under. Thanks.

maverick dash.png
My hybrid had a bad dash rattle my dealer ended up replacing whole dash

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes check that the rubber is on correct side of the A Pillar mine was on the underside moved to the correct side no more rattle

ReadyMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes check that the rubber is on correct side of the A Pillar mine was on the underside moved to the correct side no more rattle
Any pics or details of where it should be? Mine rattling on both sides of A-Pillar now,

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Paulsr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford mustang , escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s fixed no more rattle

Sponsored

AltoBAP

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Squeak and rattle diag and repair generally don't pay much for warranty work, so they don't get much attention.

Error

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux 360 Roof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My rattle seems metallic , somewhere on this forum they talk about low fuel line or something

but mine comes from somewhere between the dash, and the firewall on the copilot side…like behind the glove box.

i took the glove box out but can"t see a thing.

i looked under the hood and nothing is making that noise from the engine bay.

next step would be to lift the vehicle and remove the skid plate cover but i can't do that ..

my rattle only happen when its in ICE mode not hybrid mode. and only if i press the gas pedal and under 20mph..

that rattling is driving me insane, it makes the vehicle sound like a $10k lemon crap.

OP
OP

j1truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EGolf
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same for me. If you know how to remove the dash, please let me know.
I know one of my rattle issue is related to the hvac vent. I thought I fixed it but it didn’t.
Sponsored