Sponsored

Autoparking brake?

vegasdood

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
Joined
Jul 16, 2026
Threads
12
Messages
99
Reaction score
209
Location
Vegas, Baby!
Website
www.justwatchn.com
Vehicle(s)
2026 Maverick Lobo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My #1 fav feature with my previous Volvo was when coming to a light, it would go into auto park mode. I was happy to see with my '26 Lobo I can manually do that my the gear knob. But I just noticed this morning it IS DOING THIS AUTOMATICALLY? What do the lights mean?

Ford Maverick Autoparking brake? IMG_20261004_085510585
Sponsored

 

Bdesign

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Steve
Joined
May 31, 2025
Threads
12
Messages
313
Reaction score
496
Location
Santa cruz, CA
Vehicle(s)
2025 Lobo MPC EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Auto Hold
Auto Hold keeps the vehicle at a complete stop until you press the accelerator. The button is next to the hazard warning button.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dad

Cancunbadlands

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Cancun
Joined
Jul 5, 2025
Threads
7
Messages
5,094
Reaction score
5,596
Location
Cancun
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
Auto Hold
 

Glen Baker LLC

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
May 29, 2024
Threads
32
Messages
8,726
Reaction score
15,889
Location
Central Nevada & Utah
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are 2 different systems, on the Hybrid and EcoBoost.
1. Hill Start Assist.
2. Auto Brake Hold.

1. Hill Start assist Is always on.
Screenshot_20260817-094634_Chrome.webp


2. Auto Hold.
This can be manually toggled on and off.

Screenshot_20260817-094728_Chrome.webp

I believe on MY's 25-26 the auto hold button is located on the Dash 👇 instead of the console.
Ford Maverick Autoparking brake? 20261005_090655


The green light below on your dash will light up when you come to a full stop.
Ford Maverick Autoparking brake? IMG_20261004_175848
 
Last edited:
OP
OP
vegasdood

vegasdood

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
Joined
Jul 16, 2026
Threads
12
Messages
99
Reaction score
209
Location
Vegas, Baby!
Website
www.justwatchn.com
Vehicle(s)
2026 Maverick Lobo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok. thanks...AUTO HOLD...I never knew and it was not toggled on when I bought it...I have no idea how I toggled it on but I will look for the on/off toggle. Thanks guys!
 

Sponsored

Randorita

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Randy
Joined
Sep 7, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
388
Reaction score
581
Location
Mississippi
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota RAV4, 2025 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My foot stays on the brake. I will trust the auto systems for that split second where I move my toe from the brake to the accelerator pedal, but only if there is not a vehicle right behind me.
 

Joester

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Joe
Joined
Jun 28, 2023
Threads
18
Messages
267
Reaction score
379
Location
UPSTATE NY
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick ECO, FX4, 4K, 2023 Bronco Sport, 2024 Escape Red Line
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My wife's '23 Bronco Sport defaults to applying the hill assist when the Auto start stop engages. My Maverick will start when the brake pressure changes, but hers won't start until the gas pedal position is changed from idle.
 

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Bob
Joined
Sep 17, 2022
Threads
62
Messages
5,065
Reaction score
10,954
Location
Alabama
Vehicle(s)
2025 Expedition Max Platinum; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wife loves Auto-Hold. I don't. Too much muscle memory from lifting my foot off the brake and expecting the vehicle to start moving forward.

Also, get off my lawn....
 

Glen Baker LLC

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
May 29, 2024
Threads
32
Messages
8,726
Reaction score
15,889
Location
Central Nevada & Utah
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok. thanks...AUTO HOLD...I never knew and it was not toggled on when I bought it...I have no idea how I toggled it on but I will look for the on/off toggle. Thanks guys!
If you have a 25 or 26 Mav.
The Auto Hold on/off switch is on your dash.

Ford Maverick Autoparking brake? 20261005_090655
 
Sponsored

Glen Baker LLC

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
May 29, 2024
Threads
32
Messages
8,726
Reaction score
15,889
Location
Central Nevada & Utah
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 26 lobo and it is down by the gear shift knob.
I'm glad you found it.👍🏻
So is mine on my 23.
Obviously, it can be found in different locations depending upon year and trim.
Ford Maverick Autoparking brake? Screenshot_2026-10-05-14-50-55-22_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12
 
Last edited:

Cancunbadlands

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Cancun
Joined
Jul 5, 2025
Threads
7
Messages
5,094
Reaction score
5,596
Location
Cancun
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
Auto hold
 
 







Top