mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do most people who add aftermarket stereos/subs disable this system? If you alternator isn't running you're going to kill your battery life by running on the battery only at every stoplight especially if you're running a bigger system.

Also seems like a problem for AC if you're in traffic and hot weather?

I likely will try to find a module to disable this like they have for the other vehicles.

I live in the country we have little to no traffic so this will just annoy me. If you commute in LA traffic everyday maybe it will save you some MPG or the environment but I have my doubts it would make much difference.
The cat knows when to recharge the battery. Your battery won’t be affected much. However it may cost more because it needs to have a higher capacity.
Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah I’m assuming this hybrid will be like my current Ford Fusion and I would be surprised if there was a button for auto start stop because the engine is meant to do that on its own anyway
On the Hybrid there are only three buttons on the center console.

These are from left to right: Drive Mode, Traction Control and Auto Hold.

Snapshots are from the Ford Maverick Owners Manual. The picture is from a Hybrid XLT that I saw at the Texas State Fair.

Ford Maverick Auto-Start-Stop hybrid & ecoboost Center Console Shifter Mode buttons, Drink holders, Cubby hole.JPG

Ford Maverick Auto-Start-Stop hybrid & ecoboost Button - Drive Mode.JPG

Ford Maverick Auto-Start-Stop hybrid & ecoboost Button - Traction Control.JPG

Ford Maverick Auto-Start-Stop hybrid & ecoboost Button - Auto Hold.JPG

AdventureSetterland

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On my GTI there was a wire you could unplug for the stupid air stop start bs. Getting an error message in the computer was well worth it to disable that feature. Forgot it even had it after

Big_J

First Name
Jonthan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
On the Hybrid there are only three buttons on the center console.

These are from left to right: Drive Mode, Traction Control and Auto Hold.

Snapshots are from the Ford Maverick Owners Manual. The picture is from a Hybrid XLT that I saw at the Texas State Fair.

Center Console Shifter Mode buttons, Drink holders, Cubby hole.JPG

Button - Drive Mode.JPG

Button - Traction Control.JPG

Button - Auto Hold.JPG
Oh nice! I ordered a lariat hybrid, thought it wouldn’t come with brake hold since I opted to not get the luxury package. Based on this photo, I assume the brake hold is standard?

Sponsored

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The entire premise of a hybrid engine is to shut the engine off at stoplights. The electric motor smooths the transition from electric to gas much better than regular gas cars with start/stop.
[/QUOTE
This portion of the manual seems to address that:
1633377857045.png
Yeah but in cars
https://www.autostopeliminator.com/

One should be available for the Maverick soon. Problem solved.
That's awesome news! Would hate to have to push a button everytime I get in the car :) That will be one of my first add ons for sure.

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One of the points of a hybrid is to only run the engine when you need it for power/speed/charging. I have a 2021 Sienna hybrid and if it wasn't for the graphic on the center DIC, I wouldn't know when the engine was running or not unless I stomp on the gas pedal (in which case I can hear the engine). The transition is back and forth is very smooth.
Agree, I've driven a Ford C-Max numerous times at work and I can't even tell the engine is off most of the time.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The entire premise of a hybrid engine is to shut the engine off at stoplights. The electric motor smooths the transition from electric to gas much better than regular gas cars with start/stop.
I think it’s worth mentioning that it’s much more than that — to stop the combustion engine completely even when you’re decelerating, or not turning it on at all when you’re at low speeds (and the battery is at a good state of charge). I think it’s more accurate to say the entire premise of the hybrid is to minimize the energy losses of a combustion engine at low speed high torque, while maximizing its efficiencies at middling to higher speeds where minimal torque is needed, while reclaiming kinetic energy when decelerating.

Last edited:

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Do most people who add aftermarket stereos/subs disable this system? If you alternator isn't running you're going to kill your battery life by running on the battery only at every stoplight especially if you're running a bigger system.

Also seems like a problem for AC if you're in traffic and hot weather?

I likely will try to find a module to disable this like they have for the other vehicles.

I live in the country we have little to no traffic so this will just annoy me. If you commute in LA traffic everyday maybe it will save you some MPG or the environment but I have my doubts it would make much difference.
I drive a SUV with stop/start and live on the SC coast where it is hot. If the A/C needs the engine running the engine starts.
Batteries like the discharge/charge cycle. The engine stays warm and it takes time for the oil to drain back in to the crankcase. Therefore, engine ware is not a problem.
If you are waiting for cross traffic to clear so you can pull in to traffic just ease a little pressure off the brake and the engine will start, and will not stop until you come to stop again. When there is a break in the traffic you can pull out confidence.

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Forscan is a very likely solution to this problem, additionally computer flashing companies can do it.
Specifically 5 star tuning lists it for the ranger, but I'm sure other companies have the same ability.

Sponsored

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Forscan is a very likely solution to this problem, additionally computer flashing companies can do it.
Specifically 5 star tuning lists it for the ranger, but I'm sure other companies have the same ability.
It is not a problem. It's driving technique.

thosw

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a BMW SUV that came from the factory with the auto engine stop/start programmed to remember the last setting. That was really nice because you could choose between the two and it held that mode until you changed it.

G Grampa Duey

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Galaxy, '14 T rod, '22 XLT hot pepper.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FYI. I hear an F150 auto-start-stop is disabled when you have a trailer plugged in.

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just to clarify I'm not talking about the Hybrid, I have a ecoboost on order.

In any case I don't need to save the 0.1 mpg so rather just disable it as I find the feature annoying.

Jimmy P

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have an EB on order. I've driven rental cars with auto start-stop, with a disable button. Are we so spoiled that we can't just push a conveniently placed button when starting the engine each time? No different than adjusting the A/C or a radio station, or a seat heater button when starting up. C'mon, this is really a first-world, champagne problem, isn't it? Geez, we're all getting brand new trucks!
Sponsored