Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I recently did the change in Forscan and I'm loving it. Worked flawlessly! To anyone who is asking about if the AS/S is still usable after this modification in Forscan, this fix is NOT for you. It does Semi- permanently turn off the function. But you CAN change it back if needed or wanted.
Sponsored

Dignam

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT FX4/Tow/Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Made the change without issue, and works as described. I did notice the first time driving off after making the changes, the steering wheel was VERY light feeling, and didn't return to center as quickly as expected with hands off. It was fine after a minute or so though. I wonder if the change to the PSCM reset the feedback for the wheel.

Maverick Grabber

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chrysler 200, 2022 Maverick XLT Red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I use it and for the most part have adapted to it, mine only takes a light lift of the brake pedal to pretty much cancel for that stop, or I take the 2 seconds to press a button, the first few times it took me by surprise when turning on to US 30

LADemien

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
About to be a Mav owner so all this is new to me. Current vehicle is a 2007 z71 Colorado. 220k miles. Old school stuff with a clutch pedal, but a formidable cow checkin pasture cruiser.

So as I said very unfamiliar, but can’t it be disabled by a switch on the console? What am I missing?
Yes, it can be disabled with the push of a button, but the default setting is "on", so every time you start the vehicle, you have to disable it.

Sponsored

caa60126

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT X4 4K Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, it can be disabled with the push of a button, but the default setting is "on", so every time you start the vehicle, you have to disable it.
True, getting to be a much to think about when starting it up. I guess buckling seat belts were just not enough for us. 🥱

OP
OP

Gregk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023. XLT. 4K. F4X. Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
One nice thing about having this un-safety feature disabled is that I’m not the only driver of the Mav. My wife also drives it occasionally and she definitely does not remember to push all the pre-flight buttons. By turning it off I don’t have to worry about the car shutting off in traffic. I know she does not like it either.

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just to make it more clear:

I noticed that I get "disabled due to steering wheel maneuver" now.

Ford Maverick Auto Start/Stop Delete (Disable) using FORscan!! Works and confirmed! [ADMIN WARNING: NO TROLLING] IMG_20231013_173611~2

Ford Maverick Auto Start/Stop Delete (Disable) using FORscan!! Works and confirmed! [ADMIN WARNING: NO TROLLING] IMG_20231013_173732~2

Ford Maverick Auto Start/Stop Delete (Disable) using FORscan!! Works and confirmed! [ADMIN WARNING: NO TROLLING] IMG_20231013_175428~2

lavaspill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Since this edit makes the truck think the steering wheel is always moving. Does anyone with co-pilot lane centering on the Lariat know if this messes anything up?

OP
OP

Gregk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023. XLT. 4K. F4X. Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FYI. I don’t get the steering wheel notification. But I also don’t have copilot

Sponsored

austinhiddy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a lariat lux with lane centering (no ACC). I also get the same steering wheel messaging when at a stop. This doesn't affect lane centering for me at all! Very pleased with this!

Ford Maverick Auto Start/Stop Delete (Disable) using FORscan!! Works and confirmed! [ADMIN WARNING: NO TROLLING] IMG_5953

nicobonis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nicolás
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just tried it on my 2023 and couldn't get it to work. My 3rd set of values are 013B by default. I changed the first two in that set to 00 and the last two automatically changed to 3A. Cycled to off and back on after the write and Auto Start Stop was still on by default when I started the truck. Tried 3 times with the same results. I haven't installed the most current Ford update that's available yet though.

I have the exact same problem here....
...any clues?

HolyCarp

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Cactus Gray XLT Eco AWD FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have the exact same problem here....
...any clues?
Found out that it actually worked. The symbol (letter A with circular arrow) still shows when you first start the truck. No need to press the Auto Start Stop button to defeat it. Just drive and the symbol goes away. When you come to a stop, the symbol comes back. But the engine stays running.

nicobonis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nicolás
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Found out that it actually worked. The symbol (letter A with circular arrow) still shows when you first start the truck. No need to press the Auto Start Stop button to defeat it. Just drive and the symbol goes away. When you come to a stop, the symbol comes back. But the engine stays running.

Great News, then I just need to try it again.

Thanks for your comment, have a great day.

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Since this edit makes the truck think the steering wheel is always moving. Does anyone with co-pilot lane centering on the Lariat know if this messes anything up?
I have lariat co-pilot 360. nothing got messed up.
Sponsored