Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Maverick Ordering & Production Highlights
  • The new Ford Maverick has pushed past 100,000 reservations, with strong demand coming out of California, Texas and Florida.
  • Maverick production (August 2021): 1,297
  • Maverick production (YTD): 1,663
Overall August 2021 Ford Sales Highlights
  • Overall sales down 33.1% (year-over-year from August 2020)
  • EV sales up 67.3%
  • Ford Retail Sales Grow 6.5 Percent From Last Month Due To Production
    and Inventory Improvements
  • 41,000 New Retail Orders, Up 4-Fold
  • F-Series Has Best Performance Since Semiconductor Chip Shortage Began, Up 11 Percent From July
  • F-150 Lightning Tops 130,000 Reservations

Ford Maverick August 2021 Ford Maverick Production Numbers Ford-US-August-2021-Sales-Release-1

Ford Maverick August 2021 Ford Maverick Production Numbers Ford-US-August-2021-Sales-Release-2

Ford Maverick August 2021 Ford Maverick Production Numbers Ford-US-August-2021-Sales-Release-3

Ford Maverick August 2021 Ford Maverick Production Numbers Ford-US-August-2021-Sales-Release-4
Sponsored

Attachments

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
wow, this is some tremendous information - can't wait to see continued trend data - I want to encourage people not to freak out by the numbers so far. If anything, look at the 10-fold increase in production from July to August - we won't know what to really take from this until we see August to September

Remember! Production
did not start until August, so the numbers preceding August are really noise and honestly don't mean a thing.

Last edited:

Unlikely_Username

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
wow, this is some tremendous information - can't wait to see continued trend data - I want to encourage people not to freak out by the numbers so far. If anything, look at the 10-fold increase in production from July to August - we won't know what to really take from this until we see August to September
Agreed. Anyone disappointed by this really shouldn't be. We are just now starting to see the beginning of the ramp-up in production.

Sponsored

OldSoulNewMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Agreed that production is definitely ramping up in Mexico. However, there was also mention of Michigan factories being shuttered for an additional week, and also going down to one shift (from two).....that means there's still either a BIG impact from the chip shortage or trouble with parts/supplies needed for production.
I would imagine that Maverick production wouldn't start without having a decent amount of parts available....but once that inventory gets drawn down....there could be problems restocking.
Hopefully the Maverick production can ramp up without any NEW part delays/shortages! I know lots of us have dropped accessories/features in order to move up in the production line, but there's not much more in my build that I can take off. Really hoping for delivery before the end of the year, but when you add in the 4-6 week quality-check/delivery AFTER production....I'm not holding my breath.

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Full retail production isn't set to start until the 13th, so it'll be November before we might see what a month of full production looks like.

Rozay

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav EB FWD LUX Area 51
Maverick numbers are starting to ramp up 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It will certainly be interesting to see production ramp-up in September and October.

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Side note: I noticed the "Search Inventory" option has disappeared from for the Maverick on the Ford website. :) It probably shouldn't be there, yet...

Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Just give me a date even if it's a December Build date. I'm in no hurry. But at least I'll know.

I ordered a set of recliners and have to wait for them to arrive from Viet Nam. But they told me to expect a 17 September ship date once they arrive around mid-September. They told me this back in July. At least I know and can decide if I want to wait or take my money elsewhere.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I wonder if all the F series trucks built include ones that are now parked because they are waiting on chips ? Very interesting - thanks :)

BigDinTX

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot (ex wife's, not my choice)
Agreed that production is definitely ramping up in Mexico. However, there was also mention of Michigan factories being shuttered for an additional week, and also going down to one shift (from two).....that means there's still either a BIG impact from the chip shortage or trouble with parts/supplies needed for production.
I would imagine that Maverick production wouldn't start without having a decent amount of parts available....but once that inventory gets drawn down....there could be problems restocking.
Hopefully the Maverick production can ramp up without any NEW part delays/shortages! I know lots of us have dropped accessories/features in order to move up in the production line, but there's not much more in my build that I can take off. Really hoping for delivery before the end of the year, but when you add in the 4-6 week quality-check/delivery AFTER production....I'm not holding my breath.

It's the chip shortage, there was an article that came across my feed at 2AM this morning.

BigDinTX

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot (ex wife's, not my choice)
Appreciate everyone's patience as we begin to really ramp up production. Believe me, we want this truck in your driveway as badly as you do (ok well, almost as badly). It will be worth the wait!
kingRanchero, your statement sounds like you're on the "front lines" of the Ford production process. Please let your teams know that I personally am excited (and a little anxious - trying to get out of my lease) to see the Maverick hit it's stride and would love for it to be a home run for Ford. I'm not a brand loyalist, I just want the best vehicle for my money. I appreciate the dedication that the teams have shown thus far and please let the executives know that QUALITY needs to be paramount, not quantity... yet. No point in having thousands of vehicles on the road to appease locals and then having to recall every one of them for a bad chip or pulley (or roof!) due to high pressure to get numbers up.
Sponsored