First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1953 MGTD, 1953 F100, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey Ford robot that chimes in once in a while with useless offers to “check” out this problem for us.
THIS IS RIDICULOUS AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIXED A LONG TIME AGO! THE STUPID NONSENSE OF DRIVE IT MORE REPEATED AD INFINITUM IS INSULTING AND THE FACT THAT OWNERS ARE NOW POSTING HOW TO HOOK UP TRICKLE CHARGERS INDICATES FORD EITHER. A. HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO FIX IT BUT WONT ADMIT IT OR.
B. DONT GIVE A RAT SHIT ABOUT EVEN HELPING US GET OUR TRUCK TO WORK LIKE IT SHOULD!

I love my truck but this is ”f######” inexcusable!!!
Sponsored

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I consider November 17th, 2021, one of my luckiest days. I went to order a hybrid and Ford had closed the ordering for hybrids two days earlier :) . I "ended up" with an EB. In hindsight, most of my miles are country and am getting 31mpg with the EB and the only deep sleep I have had has been when I am extremely tired!!!!

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes. Caps Lock will drive the point home to the FORD account here only looking for people's information...

I understand the frustration, but they don't care. It's very obvious they don't care. It puts vehicles in their service center and generates them more money. They love selling those warranties.

Reactions: PRH

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes. Caps Lock will drive the point home to the FORD account here only looking for people's information...

I understand the frustration, but they don't care. It's very obvious they don't care. It puts vehicles in their service center and generates them more money. They love selling those warranties.
SHHHHH, I'm trying to figure what ”f######” means

Last edited:

Brianx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Eco Boost XL Cactus Gray, tow bar, Co-Pilot
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
i don't read rants in all CAPS!!!

Sponsored

dogtruck

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We can cry, scream, cuss, stomp our feet...Ford doesn't care, never will. They already have our money.
Wanna feel better?
Sell the problem and move on. Get happy, life is too short.

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I consider November 17th, 2021, one of my luckiest days. I went to order a hybrid and Ford had closed the ordering for hybrids two days earlier :) . I "ended up" with an EB. In hindsight, most of my miles are country and am getting 31mpg with the EB and the only deep sleep I have had has been when I am extremely tired!!!!
It happens to all Mavericks.
Just wait.

boe757

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150, camry,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey Ford robot that chimes in once in a while with useless offers to “check” out this problem for us.
THIS IS RIDICULOUS AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIXED A LONG TIME AGO! THE STUPID NONSENSE OF DRIVE IT MORE REPEATED AD INFINITUM IS INSULTING AND THE FACT THAT OWNERS ARE NOW POSTING HOW TO HOOK UP TRICKLE CHARGERS INDICATES FORD EITHER. A. HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO FIX IT BUT WONT ADMIT IT OR.
B. DONT GIVE A RAT SHIT ABOUT EVEN HELPING US GET OUR TRUCK TO WORK LIKE IT SHOULD!

I love my truck but this is ”f######” inexcusable!!!
appointment Feb 6 SSM 51725 we will see

dc73pdsgt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

took mine in for the problem and they found the original battery was no good. replaced it and so far its resolved the issue.

Sponsored

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well I charged my battery today for 4.5 hours on my Hybrid 12 volt battery at the jump connections under the hood. . It was at 12.1 volts now 12.4 volts. The charger showed it was hardly taking any more after 4.5 hours. I have dome lights and the ford pass app shows no disable message anymore. Will see how long that lasts. 4125 miles Got it mid August 2023.

ItsJustMe

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat 1st Edition Cobalt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sad thing is every single recall and quick fix Ford attempts, every software update….. mpg on hybrid just keeps getting less and less

RobertD

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Maverick XLT FX4 - 4K - 360; 23 F150 KR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The issue is many fold.

Ford is using the deep sleep mode is to save enough energy in your battery to allow you to start your Maverick when the parasitic losses would otherwise leave you with a dead battery. That is a good thing.

With the increasing electronics and technologies on cars these days, parasitic losses are much higher on cars than ever. These parasitic losses can entirely drain the battery and it is common on all cars not just Fords. Ford's deep sleep is again a way to allow the parasitic losses to stop to allow you to start the car when the battery gets low.

Today's average driving habits include shorter and less frequent trips which in turn leads to more battery drainage and less charging. This is one reason why folks of all car brands are turning to trickle chargers.

Another issue car makers are facing is politicians and nameless bureaucrats who are in charge of the regulations effecting the auto industry. 40 CFR 86.1869-12 CO2 credits for off-cycle CO2 reducing technologies determines how car makers can get Green House Gas Credits based on certain features. This has lead to things like Auto Stop Start being on most cars, thinner windshields and other little known items like high efficiency alternators which now don't do much until the car is warmed up completely and driven over certain speeds. Think about most folks making short trips and the battery is hardly charged on those trips.

So while it is annoying for some to have to use a trickle charger, it seems to be the future for cars and may get worse before it gets better.

Or you can move to the country, like me, where there are no short trips. It does keep the battery charged.
Sponsored