Sponsored

Are the order bank computers working Friday morning?

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was at my dealer yesterday when the order banks opened. He tried to submit my order about ten times and it kept timing out. Walked out with no joy. Finally at 11:00 today he emailed me and said he got the order in. Still no order confirmation from Ford. I called him and asked about the Ford email. He said he hadn't entered my email yet and would do it then. A little bit later he called and said he was unable to put in my email. About a half hour later I got the confirmation email from Ford. Life is good.
Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not in the business as you are, but this just does not seem right. Nor does it bode well either. It is almost like the whole system is set up for failure.
I think there were 2 problems. The amount of people trying to order all at once. And the system was not completely set up for 23 Maverick when the ordering started.

On the XL, there seems to be a "pricing error" somewhere. Some price is missing internally in the system, and that prevents the order from being submitted.

I do suspect the system is much more complicated that it seems on my end..... I assume that all of the individual components needed for a certain option/package have to be tied to it, so that the computer can schedule based on availability. So for XL, for example, I assume that the change of adding cruise had to be accounted for somewhere in the system.

Otherwise, I just don't see how it would be that hard to just change from 22 to 23....there aren't that many differences!

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think there were 2 problems. The amount of people trying to order all at once. And the system was not completely set up for 23 Maverick when the ordering started.

On the XL, there seems to be a "pricing error" somewhere. Some price is missing internally in the system, and that prevents the order from being submitted.

I do suspect the system is much more complicated that it seems on my end..... I assume that all of the individual components needed for a certain option/package have to be tied to it, so that the computer can schedule based on availability. So for XL, for example, I assume that the change of adding cruise had to be accounted for somewhere in the system.

Otherwise, I just don't see how it would be that hard to just change from 22 to 23....there aren't that many differences!
I sympathize for all the other pending XL orders not even being able to be placed, but this scares me a bit as a current XL order holder as well. Logic would dictate that if they coded something wrong with the XL, it was there from the first moment the banks opened. Yet I got the generic order confirmation for my XL already. Makes me paranoid I now have a time-bombed order floating in the system and it is not going to come to light/explode on me until later. I would assume any attempt to edit it would error the entire thing out at this time. So it is sort of a "back away slowly so the monster doesn't wake up" situation.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I sympathize for all the other pending XL orders not even being able to be placed, but this scares me a bit as a current XL order holder as well. Logic would dictate that if they coded something wrong with the XL, it was there from the first moment the banks opened. Yet I got the generic order confirmation for my XL already. Makes me paranoid I now have a time-bombed order floating in the system and it is not going to come to light/explode on me until later. I would assume any attempt to edit it would error the entire thing out at this time. So it is sort of a "back away slowly so the monster doesn't wake up" situation.
Who knows, it could be regional. Or something else too. The person I talked to at WBDO said there were multiple issues w/ WBDO for Maverick, that they were aware and working on them.

I think if you order successfully submitted you will be ok!

I will not be attempting edits to any submitted orders until everything is fixed.... I agree your last sentence! That is a great image!

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will not be attempting edits to any submitted orders until everything is fixed.... I agree your last sentence! That is a great image!
Wise man/woman you are.

Sponsored

bautek_mn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX Sport Wagon, Future Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just got back from ordering in Northern Wisconsin, they had some systems issues this morning but by noon I was able to roll in, order, and roll out in 20 minutes. By the time I got home I received the order confirmation from Ford.

earlyhike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I went into my dealer at 12 today to put in an order. They said they had issues submitting orders ever since it opened yesterday and had not yet successfully been able to submit one. So they entered my data and "someone" would sit there and keep hitting the ENTER key until it works. So my order will be submitted ... sometime?

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After not hearing from Ford or my salesperson in regards to that status of my Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux, I texted him yesterday. Wanted to find out what the process for the ā€˜23 order for those still waiting. This was his text a few minutes ago and Iā€™m not sure what this means. Anyone?

ā€œAlright so I was correct, your truck has been pulled and will be built as a 2022, but they have not put a date on it yet so I believe thats why you havent gotten an emailā€
I would call Ford Customer service if you have VIN and a tentative build date. If you are getting a 22 you should have a VIN by now. My experience with them has been very good.

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've been following the board and just joined. I visited my local dealer this morning, Causeway Ford, Manahawkin, NJ to place an order for a 2023 Maverick. Process went ok, until I was told I would have to pay a $2500 markup. Anyone else seeing a markup??
WTF??? Hopefully you have other nearby dealer options? I completed my order earlier this afternoon at MSRP with no markups.....

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is Ford using some kind of computer system they got from the K-Mart/Modells/Lord and Taylor/Sears going out of business sales or are there a Huuuge amount of people who have now heard about the Maverick and are placing orders ?

Sponsored

winterlong

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick / EB XTL FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer tried last night when ordering opened and was not able to get through. I checked in today around noon eastern time and they were getting orders through at that time. Mine went in around 2:30 and I had the confirmation email from Ford shortly after. My sales guy said I should get another email early next week from Ford verifying the order (again?) and then nothing else until the production notice. Fingers crossed that everything is right. I totaled my Crosstrek last winter and then missed the 2022 ordering window for the Mav...feels like I've been waiting a while.

Jamesw65

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum. 2018 Escape Titaniu
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Fin
I've been following the board and just joined. I visited my local dealer this morning, Causeway Ford, Manahawkin, NJ to place an order for a 2023 Maverick. Process went ok, until I was told I would have to pay a $2500 markup. Anyone else seeing a markup??
D another dealer. There's no reason to pay markup when dealers are directed to sell them at retail. If they jerk you on that, what else are they jerking you on.

93nighthawk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Transit 150, 97 Aerostar AWD, future XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is Ford using some kind of computer system they got from the K-Mart/Modells/Lord and Taylor/Sears going out of business sales or are there a Huuuge amount of people who have now heard about the Maverick and are placing orders ?

Actually they use a Tandy 64 from Radio Shack to run their business. šŸ˜†

Ford Maverick Are the order bank computers working Friday morning? 1663359318531

JEMiculka

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid, 22 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Means you have been scheduled to a week, but not scheduled to a specific day in that week. You will get an email from Ford when they pick a day in the week. But confusingly, the email will most likely still only reference the week, not the day.

Long story short......congrats. It is good news for you. You get a 2022.
Thanks. Based on your mention that Iā€™m probably in line for a 22 Maverick Hybrid, are there any advantages to trying to roll this into a 23? Iā€™ve attached the order from a year ago.

Ford Maverick Are the order bank computers working Friday morning? CC26B96C-D370-413E-AA7D-B5738B4491B6

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks. Based on your mention that Iā€™m probably in line for a 22 Maverick Hybrid, are there any advantages to trying to roll this into a 23? Iā€™ve attached the order from a year ago.

CC26B96C-D370-413E-AA7D-B5738B4491B6.jpeg
Only benefit of being a 23 over a 22 would be if you did not want some of the items in the lux package. For 23, many of the lux items have been broken out into individual items that you order individually.

P.S......you getting scheduled with those splash guards is a miracle. Just FYI.
Sponsored

Last edited: