Sponsored

Are our headlights so bright that people are flashing us? I own a 2023 XL hybrid

Bohefus

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat BAP, 2016 Mazda 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was in a tunnel with someone just in front of me and my auto-high beams turned on for some reason.
Sponsored

RedRider

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion, 2023 Maverick on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was in a tunnel with someone just in front of me and my auto-high beams turned on for some reason.
There is probably something wrong with your front-facing camera or its sensitivity settings. Is it covered up by a canoe or something? Did someone alter the auto-highbeam sensitivity setting?

OP
OP

jpv74

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting reading these replies. I do not like nor do I use the auto hi beam function so that is not the issue. I think the person that mentioned that our lights are somewhat laser focused might be on to something. Ironically I get flashed on the same road and in the same place. So the angle of my headlights laser smack someone in the eyes and they flash me.....this is me coming down a light grade while they are on flat land and about to head up. I would like to try my lights aimed more downward and see if that helps. I will watch the vid that someone just sent regarding adjustment. Thanks

CD_SM

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6 '06
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To the OP - as others said, definitely check the aim. I have not had anyone flash me in the month I've had my Mav.
I'll also say that I have been very impressed with how well the auto high beams work at sensing when there's traffic ahead. (I wonder if there's a sensitivity adjustment?)
Finally, to those of you who seem to be saying to the other drivers doing the flashing, "just get over it", especially when your reaction is to make things even brighter ... do you have any idea just how dangerous that is, not only to the other driver but to everyone else around and even you? If you're getting flashed often, you're literally blinding other people and need to fix it.

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At this point on the roads, flashing just makes you look like a jackass.

Our Mavericks are not too bright, they might be a bit too blue though. They are aimed correctly and the Maverick is not a tall vehicle.

Without really getting into what I think about the headlight situation currently on the roads; no, overall ours are not bad. If you get flashed, suck it up and drive on. Those types of people are idiots and not helping anything. Imagine flashing someone only to find out they flash back and then you are really blind because they have shitty aimed and should be illegal headlights... not smart and not helping. Ignore them.

If you are worried try checking the alignment. Do you know how to check? I can post a video that should help if you need it. Also, any suspension modifications to your vehicle? I'm going to assume not though.
I thought something was wrong with my eyes. I find 80% of all other cars' headlights are uncomfortably bright.

Sponsored

krg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I get headlights flashed at me at night on a regular basis. I have yet to have my wife drive the truck towards me so I can see how bright the lights look at night for oncoming traffic. Do any of you know if the XL hybrids LED lights are particularly bright????? Thanks
most likely poor alignment at the plant

NedF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was a '23 now a '24 Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought something was wrong with my eyes. I find 80% of all other cars' headlights are uncomfortably bright.
I am right there with you... As I get older I seem to find the on coming headlights more distracting. I am starting to dislike night time driving. Part of the issue is probably the change in technology. 20 years ago most headlights had a cooler yellowish tint and now most of them are very white and bright.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For me I noticed that most of the time I get flashed is when the lay of the road is such that the oncoming car ends up being below the cutoff. Same with the Jeep LED's and my old Ranger's HID's. I don't sweat it cause there ain't a damn thing I can do bout it.

Phil Skinn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion Titanium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have noticed that if I hit a gradual rise in the pavement as I approach oncomimg traffic on a flat stretch, I get the flash. I speculate that the rising pavement may throw the low beam a little higher.

Sponsored

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am right there with you... As I get older I seem to find the on coming headlights more distracting. I am starting to dislike night time driving. Part of the issue is probably the change in technology. 20 years ago most headlights had a cooler yellowish tint and now most of them are very white and bright.
Same here. Not liking driving at night now.

I’m hoping vehicle inspections eventually includes lumen output on headlights.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have not been flashed. But I do know the sensitivity of the auto bright lights can vary. I wish I could implement a three second delay before the brights come back on. Sometimes, it is immediately after a car passes me but the next car is just below the minor hill. As a result, from their perspective, I probably am flashing them.

Sharksforarms

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Interesting reading these replies. I do not like nor do I use the auto hi beam function so that is not the issue. I think the person that mentioned that our lights are somewhat laser focused might be on to something. Ironically I get flashed on the same road and in the same place. So the angle of my headlights laser smack someone in the eyes and they flash me.....this is me coming down a light grade while they are on flat land and about to head up. I would like to try my lights aimed more downward and see if that helps. I will watch the vid that someone just sent regarding adjustment. Thanks
Yeah, I wonder if it looks dim to them at first until you hit a small bump or something and may bounce the beam up enough for them to think that you are flashing them first.

Joester

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Coachmen 220RK, 2016 Buick Encore, 2022 Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
check if you auto high beams are on. I had to disable mine because I was getting flashes.
Me too. Disabling the auto-dim feature ended it.

iowaS10

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Chevy S10, 2015 Chevy Sonic, 2024 Chevy Trax
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, they're too damn bright for the cue tips and blue hairs. I'm getting flashed more than Bourbon St. and it 'aint pretty.
LOL so tru
Sponsored