Sponsored

LineNoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
FYI: Shot a message to A.R.E. regarding availability as soon as I saw this...Their standard "it's happening at some point and we have no info" response was what I got back:

"Hello,

These are in design and testing stage at this time for the new 2022 Ford Maverick. We currently have no ETA until ALL testing has passed. Once all testing has passed our Engineers will release a date for production.

Please keep in touch with your A.R.E dealer as they are updated on new releases.

Thank You

Consumer Affairs"

It was a few months at the beginning of this post. Now they saw this thread where we ripped them shreds and it's indefinite LMAO

Probably not but funny to think about
Sponsored

Geo_tonz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT (on order)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It was a few months at the beginning of this post. Now they saw this thread where we ripped them shreds and it's indefinite LMAO

Probably not but funny to think about
Probably best if we all inquire though...I'm sure the more they are harassed, the more they will pay attention and maybe move things along a little quicker!

jimmyu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I completely disagree with you.

1644276139115.png
That’s the first time I’ve seen a Gladiator used as a work truck. If you need a work truck, there’s better and cheaper options out there.

Pogeegitz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Expedition Max XLT, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ask Ford or Snugtop about putting any sort of roof rack on that cap. I'm not sure you'll like their answer. I might be OK with their solution if it were flush with the height of the cab and/or able to put any sort of rack system on it. Without that, it's over-priced by at least $1k.

Last edited:

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I get they did what they had to do to make it functional and maximize space.

But it goes above the roof line and there's clearly a gap between the cap and back glass. Where is all that water going? That would be frozen nasty mess during the winter wherever it snows and I want no part of that.
Aside from the functional issue, how about that above the roof line design? I think it ruins the line of the Maverick top. Doesn't flow well.

Sponsored

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Probably best if we all inquire though...I'm sure the more they are harassed, the more they will pay attention and maybe move things along a little quicker!
@Geo_tonz Well if its one thing this forum has pent up lately due to build delays, its bi***ing capacity, so we should be able to get their attention quite well I imagine. I'm just sayin.... ;)

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks very.... Proto typish ... I'm sure a final product could blend with the cab better. Unfortunately, the rough finish at the cab kills it for me. If that was addressed, it would be pretty cool.
Yeah I get the feeling this was not a finished product. Awful looking fit. Cool design just looks terrible on the truck. Hope someone from ARE saw my other thread and mock ups.
Ford Maverick ARE Bed Cap for Maverick (First Look Pics) 1644559983429

Ford Maverick ARE Bed Cap for Maverick (First Look Pics) A3D40350-00C2-4C65-AA3E-3A0EB9FD9ADA

Last edited:
OP
OP
B_kiz

B_kiz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick XLT white
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah I get the feeling this was not a finished product. Awful looking fit. Cool design just looks terrible on the truck. Hope someone from ARE saw my other thread and mock ups.
1644559983429.jpeg

A3D40350-00C2-4C65-AA3E-3A0EB9FD9ADA.jpeg
I'd buy that, especially with the basket on it

Geo_tonz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT (on order)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1644559983429.jpeg

A3D40350-00C2-4C65-AA3E-3A0EB9FD9ADA.jpeg
I do like this look! The Maverick looks more like a truck with this and less like the oddly shaped SUV the Snugtop version makes it look. The matte finish would work well with the plastics. I would prefer a mid or high-rise that ramps up steeply from the roofline to be more useable as a work truck though for such a low truck.

Sponsored

QuesoEnFuego

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Fiesta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A.R.E. has a matte black coating called ORT which I think will be a good match for the Maverick and push towards this look.

wsimmonsVOXX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those of you interested in getting a shell like the A.R.E. DCU pictured in the first post of this thread, let me say they are top notch. We installed one on the 2017 Toyota Tacoma that we used for the 2017 SEMA Show (as well as other outdoor shows) and the functionality it brought to the truck was awesome. Couple pictures of the truck at the bottom of this post.

For those that didn't notice, using a cap with swing-open rear doors like this means you lose the tailgate. When you lose the tailgate, you also lose your backup camera. We offer harnesses that allow you to plug directly into the wiring above the spare tire and connect one of our aftermarket cameras (often superior to the OE camera because we can incorporate night vision, LED lighting, audio capabilities, etc...) to retain this feature. These cameras can basically be mounted anywhere on the back of the truck and are completely plug-n-play. These are also useful for when someone installs equipment like a slide-in camper, swing-out tire carriers, or any other accessory that blocks the OE camera's view. Here's a picture of our harness (part number 250-8621) that plugs into the OE connector:

Ford Maverick ARE Bed Cap for Maverick (First Look Pics) 2508633-harness-large

Some photos of our 2017 Tacoma:

Ford Maverick ARE Bed Cap for Maverick (First Look Pics) IMG_0032

Ford Maverick ARE Bed Cap for Maverick (First Look Pics) IMG_0178

Ford Maverick ARE Bed Cap for Maverick (First Look Pics) IMG_0480

Bill Simmons
Marketing Director
VOXX Electronics Corporation

2351 J. Lawson Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32824
P: (910) 291-2532

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That cap is a case of trying to put a square peg in a round hole, I like function over form, but that is ridiculous. From what I have seen the Maverick isn't going to look good with any kind of cap on it, you can no longer see the truck, just something hanging on the back of it.
Or in this case, 10lbs of crap in a 5lb bag.