Sponsored

Anyone having rust issues with their Maverick?

Deleted member 14823

Are they metal or plastic?
Let’s assume metal, until proven otherwise. I’m just trying to figure out what specific instructions to give to whoever does the work. It’s not going to be me, that’s for dang sure.
Sponsored

vegman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I'm wondering if any of you with rust issues will tell us what model you have, Lariat, XLT, and XL. I'm wondering if Ford "cheaped out" on the XL or XLT and maybe not the Lariats? Thanks!

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm wondering if any of you with rust issues will tell us what model you have, Lariat, XLT, and XL. I'm wondering if Ford "cheaped out" on the XL or XLT and maybe not the Lariats? Thanks!
Don't forget paint color.

Mav2112

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went out and looked under my carbonized gray lariat this morning after viewing this thread. It had a very light surface rust in the holes pictured earlier in this thread, on both sides of truck. I ordered a can of fluid film to cover the areas but I suspect all mavericks are going to have this issue (if you can call it that). My trucks only a month old btw. It’s such a minimal amount that I’m not concerned and I feel like this fluid film will inhibit any further issues if applied regularly.

Sponsored

RJC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
RUSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK CARBO GREY AWD XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Krown rust control twice yearly in spring and fall,here in nl Canada.

Deleted member 14823

Krown rust control twice yearly in spring and fall,here in nl Canada.
Wish we had a Krown shop near me in Minnesota. I would prefer a regular treatment of their stuff to the rubberized stuff that could clog up a drain hole.

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thank you sir! I think they use that or something like it on cast iron machine surfaces at work. Did not know it could be used as a undercoat.
In the military it was called Cosmoline, I believe.

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Okay I just looked under my 4 month old XLT Maverick, and it is rusting in the same spot. On both sides. I'm taking it back to Ford to have it documented then - depending, I will have it fixed asap before the rust pits and no hope of stopping it. This is a major setback. I think ALL Mavericks will have this issue, until Ford adjusts something in the process.. I can only assume the paint robot completely missed those spots. Complaints of thin paint turning into NO Paint. I'll find a body shop to fix as soon as I show Ford.

Sponsored

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
not to sound like I don't believe you but can you take some pics of the area you see it at from a distance. We already have the close up but I wanna see where they are at when I go lo

Not to sound like I don't believe you but can you take some pics of the area you see it at from a distance. We already have the close up but I wanna see where they are at when I go look on mine so I can compare mine. As far as we know that these pics are from some other car or truck.
Very easy to spot - just behind both front wheels - right where the water and salt will spray up into. My 4 month old has rust and never seen salt yet.

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I definitely have options to address the visible areas but I’m more concerned about areas I can’t currently see. I had every intention of undercoating and rust proofing this truck to extend the life, but an area like this that is fully exposed to the conditions needs more than just undercoating. And I fully expect Ford to take care of this, they’ll have their own Materials Engineers scrambling over this shortly I bet. There’s a deficiency in their coating process that needs to be looked at immediately.
Yes there is - my truck looks exaclty the same
and It must be painted to cover the bare metal.. I don't dare because want Ford to guide me.

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Okay I just looked under my 4 month old XLT Maverick, and it is rusting in the same spot. On both sides. I'm taking it back to Ford to have it documented then - depending, I will have it fixed asap before the rust pits and no hope of stopping it. This is a major setback. I think ALL Mavericks will have this issue, until Ford adjusts something in the process.. I can only assume the paint robot completely missed those spots. Complaints of thin paint turning into NO Paint. I'll find a body shop to fix as soon as I show Ford.
In 1978 I bought a new Honda Accord. Two or three years later, Honda notified me that the front fenders were apt to rust. So they sent me to a body shop where they put on 2 new fenders, painted and blended into the surrounding areas, and sent me on my way. Proactive!

Cannedtunafishisgood

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
I wonder if adding a coat to vehicle could actually void warranty. I would think it would be better to document issue then to fight it yourself .. But I am one not to do anything to a vehicle until out of warranty. Everything gets documented then if issue gets worst or is continuous it will have a paper trail back into warranty period..
Sponsored