Sponsored

Anyone have their airbag recall done in the Quick Lane?

cmfo

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was scheduled to go in for my airbag replacement next week, the day before I leave on a 454 mile trip. However after reading all the posts about the issues after airbag replacement I called to postpone my appointment. The scheduler said I could get the work done in Quick Lane since it is considered a 1/2 day job. Something about “quick” makes me leery and concerned about hastily shoving those wires back in a tight spot after what I’ve read.

Has anyone had their recall addressed in Quick Lane? Any after issues?
Just wait. I had my airbag recall done in the "idiot techs who don't know what they're doing" lane, and they screwed up my truck.
Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As its been mentioned in others posts - the new airbags dont always fit well against the headliner (either the bags are larger or attached too low).

I dropped my headliner before taking it to Ford. I installed it afterward (carefully) and the airbags arent letting the headliner fit properly - causing you to see the edges of the headliner when you open the doors.
Did you (or the dealer) perform the modifications required to the headliner as per the recall instructions?

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just wait. I had my airbag recall done in the "idiot techs who don't know what they're doing" lane, and they screwed up my truck.
My fear, exactly!

johnny99

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick lariat awd 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had mine done at a dealer other than the one I bought from, because that dealer fucked me on all incentives. I'll never step foot on their property again.

The dealer I went to claimed I had to bring it in first to confirm my truck was in the recall, despite the recall letter. I took it in, and of course it needed it. That was a wasted trip of inconvenience that I expected it to be.. On the next trip, after the parts came in, they performed the work. My interior is clean and there seem to be no issues. I even got the black Yeti I was hoping for.

john218

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL, Mercedes C300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"Quick" would not be a word I would not use to describe my air bag recall experience.

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My nightmare continues- So after being in the shop for 5 days getting the recall work done, after pickup I instantly noticed fingerprints all over, misaligned A/Pillars and the headliner popping out from the seals but at least the truck started, had no new noises and seat belts worked but yowsa- I am now on another 2. 5 day jaunt without the rig as they try and fix what the previous "tech" did and now I find out even more parts were broken or lost- lol

Handle now on order- ten days out

"The handle it's self is fine, but due to the missing screw if you were to grab it and pull down with any weight it would come right off due to the previous technician losing one of the screws that secure it properly. We thought we could get the screw separate, but we were informed by our parts department that the way it screws in we can only get the screw with a new handle, which is why we have a new handle on order for your Mavrick."

cmfo

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My nightmare continues- So after being in the shop for 5 days getting the recall work done, after pickup I instantly noticed fingerprints all over, misaligned A/Pillars and the headliner popping out from the seals but at least the truck started, had no new noises and seat belts worked but yowsa- I am now on another 2. 5 day jaunt without the rig as they try and fix what the previous "tech" did and now I find out even more parts were broken or lost- lol

Handle now on order- ten days out

"The handle it's self is fine, but due to the missing screw if you were to grab it and pull down with any weight it would come right off due to the previous technician losing one of the screws that secure it properly. We thought we could get the screw separate, but we were informed by our parts department that the way it screws in we can only get the screw with a new handle, which is why we have a new handle on order for your Mavrick."
Absolutely unacceptable. Can corporate do anything to make sure the dealerships know what they are doing before they do it? Or do they just not care.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So round 6 of this Saga- Truck back after another two days- Seals,pillars and other connecting joints looking good except the entire front passenger seatbelt A/pillar can easily move with light pressure at least 1/2 inch + back n forth - Was hoping with pressure it would be into a clip or something but assuming that is broken/not working-etc- Drivers side tight- Passenger just cushy and still having the gap at the top where it nests into the headliner - Now I need to look at the schematic for that a/pillar and see what it clips to or connects to on the backside - Interior smells nice now after the detail and goodbye fingerprints but...

georgeb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you (or the dealer) perform the modifications required to the headliner as per the recall instructions?
can you link me the instructions to do this.

thank you!

Beekeo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sheesh, my airbag replacement went smoothly, but now I feel like I should go back and look for issues!

I feel pretty confident because the service department checked with parts before setting the appointment and then they told me upfront it would be at least a full day for the airbags (also got the brake light and trailer brake recalls done - both software tweaks afaik)

the yeti mug is pretty nice! Also ordered the lid for hot beverages, otherwise I was certain to burn my face off.
Sponsored