Sponsored

Anyone buy a new toy while you’re waiting for the Maverick?

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes the price of the Ford Maverick is certainly pushing a lot of folks to buy them. But having both I can tell you it's night and day difference between them. While I think Ford was pushing for the lowest price points they did a lot of stripping down the Maverick. Nissan decided to go a bit opposite improve sound reading, metal quality and really work on interior refinement and safety tech. Those things cost more. You get little to no sound deadening on the Maverick. I've seen reviews on both the Frontier and the Maverick were panels are removed. You see deadening on Nissan, non on the Maverick. Same with the hood and engine bay covers. None of the Maverick and done will on the Nissan. All these are little things, but do show how found is selling so cheap, vs Nissan who is improving quality in the opposite direction. I really like the Maverick it is fun little trucklet. However, I absolutely LOVE my Nissan Frontier Pro-X. The good news is whichever works best for us rather it's about price along or price and quality or even price and mpg... there is a vehicle that will match your need.
Correct. They just aren't comparable vehicles thats all, and I wouldn't spend $40k on a Nissan truck, but to each their own.

I used to drive Nissans exclusively but when I bought my 2013 Nissan Altima - the odometer had 1100 miles on it when I pulled out of my driveway and heard a bunch of clicks and then a loud clunk as the CVT literally exploded and dropped parts on my street at the vehicle rolled to a stop.

That's not anecdotal either. They may have better sound proofing but I don't think that is worth an extra $15k.

JD Power Reliability Rankings - Ford and Nissan identical

Nissan Growth Strategy Comes at Expenses of Quality and Dealers

Nissan Quality Issues

Point being - if you're considering a Maverick - the Frontier isn't a comparable vehicle.
Sponsored

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Correct. They just aren't comparable vehicles thats all, and I wouldn't spend $40k on a Nissan truck, but to each their own.

I used to drive Nissans exclusively but when I bought my 2013 Nissan Altima - the odometer had 1100 miles on it when I pulled out of my driveway and heard a bunch of clicks and then a loud clunk as the CVT literally exploded and dropped parts on my street at the vehicle rolled to a stop.

That's not anecdotal either. They may have better sound proofing but I don't think that is worth an extra $15k.

Point being - if you're considering a Maverick - the Frontier isn't a comparable vehicle.
There is no doubt that Nissan has had major issue with the CVT and I wouldn't ever buy a Nissan with one of those tranny's for sure.

Nissan has made reliable trucks for many years. The issue for them is they waited too long to update and quickly found themselves behind the 8ball. Rather a Nissan truck is worth $40 (which is much more than I paid by the way) or not is certainly up to each individual. In my area they cannot keep them on the lots. The last quarter sales indicates they are outselling the previous year model. Only time will tell if that holds. Lariat Trim Maverick with the towing package and AWD with 2.0 ecoboost can hit very close to that $40 you are talking about too.

Ford too has had plenty quality issues, don't even get me started on the Bronco and the Maverick already has two recalls. 1 for gas tank holes and one for seat belt anchors in the rear. Overall the Maverick is one cool little truck and I enjoy it a lot. It's fun to drive and for basic everyday stuff works perfectly.

I purchased the Nissan because I was tired of waiting on Ford to deliver and I did find it comparable because it's not a big as other mid sizers, it was cheaper than other mid sizers and yet checked all the boxes. Is it in direct competition with the Maverick. No they are different class trucks. If I need a vehicle and I cannot get a Maverick because of build constraints, the Frontier is worthy of consideration.

Last edited:

abcinv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Tundra DBL Cab Limited 4WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Didn't really decide to buy it while I was waiting for the MavBrid since we technically went into contract before my order was placed but we've been working hard for 5 months now to secure a well and septic permit for a property on the ridge of Rich Mountain in North Carolina.

County issued septic, well, and authorization to construct. Sent the check for the property in last week and closing is official tomorrow.

IMG_1880.jpg

65800428783__6BB5DA8C-32AE-435F-A8B1-D63D881E4971.fullsizerender.jpg
Congrats, looks beautiful!

We picked up a couple of acres on Lookout Mountain (Ga side) right on the brow (or bluff pending on where you're from) about 30 minute south of Chattanooga. We're hoping to build our retirement home here in ~5 years.

Here's our view from the back of the property -

Ford Maverick Anyone buy a new toy while you’re waiting for the Maverick? 13

Ford Maverick Anyone buy a new toy while you’re waiting for the Maverick? 03Jul21 4

Last edited:

jc888888888

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat eco boost, Mustang Mach E , Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bought a 92’ Flareside 3 months ago
D5D41E78-0063-4CEF-A9D2-F9289AD6641C.jpeg
that is a nice looking 92! looks like time capsule put away somewhere and brought out 2 months ago:)

Sponsored

jc888888888

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow I can't compete.....I just bought a EAE M2-6
M2-6_Angle_Tripod.jpg

Lithium Battery or A/C...Personal PA 50watts Nice for backyard parties...Busking...
Going to be great...For Playing on Your Porch Yearly world wide Party 8/28
hey! thats a nice toy ! and within budget:) a case of beer a couple buddies in the garage your all set!

jc888888888

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Love me some Ducati!
Brings back memories ,I had a Ducati wrecked it doing 80 mph(gravel patch and slid it) ,broke both arms .... 4 days after the cast on both arms came off ,I went and bought another one and drove that sucker like a raped ape. AHH to be young and dumb again!!! Nice bike congrats!

C J Cox

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don’t know if I’d call them a toy but certainly a splurge. These before Christmas on sale $248.00 @ BB
Ford Maverick Anyone buy a new toy while you’re waiting for the Maverick? FBAEA651-58F4-4427-BEE5-862E767A86CB

jc888888888

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Two shiny things later, and my Mav still hasn't been scheduled. Getting the first one home is gonna be an issue.

20211018_125740.jpg

20211028_233450.jpg
How do you like your MACH E ?? ,my wife has a 2022 on order ,she is starting to check her e mail every day... after she was telling me to be patient on my MAV :). I caught her checking the other day told her " keep your panties on honey you have a long wait" :):):) lol

Doug Wildman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered June 1, delivered mid August.

Ford Maverick Anyone buy a new toy while you’re waiting for the Maverick? 3D9A033F-4B65-495D-B537-D959E1FE128C

Sponsored

jc888888888

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cuz they ain’t got no money!!!
And 30% would rather Moan then get off there ass ,get up early ,stay late bust their ass, save there money and go get all the stuff you once dreamed about . Its called " The American dream"

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrats, looks beautiful!

We picked up a couple of acres on Lookout Mountain (Ga side) right on the brow (or bluff pending on where you're from) about 30 minute south of Chattanooga. We're hoping to build our retirement home here in ~5 years.

Here's our view from the back of the property -

13.jpg

03Jul21 4.jpg

That is beautiful! I love the whole TN/NC/SC/GA area.

We have similar plans to build in the future for retirement. For now we're getting the well and septic in place which will protect our build site and force neighboring parcels to account for our well and field when they decide to develop (which will likely occur before us).

Also plan to cut the driveway, put in a gate, and then put in a 10x16 mini cabin that will serve as as shed later in life.

JTCC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Juno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid and 12 motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How do you like your MACH E ?? ,my wife has a 2022 on order ,she is starting to check her e mail every day... after she was telling me to be patient on my MAV :). I caught her checking the other day told her " keep your panties on honey you have a long wait" :):):) lol
I like it, I wouldn't exactly say I'm in love with it. But maybe it's because I don't really drive for more than four months in the year, or probably because the charging network is still pretty rough up here. I might actually jump on the trade value stupidity train and sell it now, then stick with my Mav if I'm only driving 4 months out of the year so I can and leave my EV fix for the Zero.

If you're looking for a Model Y competitor that isn't depressing to drive, be in, or look at, your wife's in for a treat. Especially since you're getting a later build where PaaK and such isn't as glitchy.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Didn't buy a toy, but will replace the engine in my Porsche Boxster, took it to track day last weekend and spun a bearing.... Expensive track day...

jc888888888

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Didn't buy a toy, but will replace the engine in my Porsche Boxster, took it to track day last weekend and spun a bearing.... Expensive track day...
Recently sold my Boxster to make room for my new Mav ,the Misses said I needed to clean out my Toy box:) ( my garage ) My best instincts where to just ignore her , But in a weak moment I listened to her . I miss the heck out of that car freaking car blast to drive ! The engine sound was music.:(
Sponsored