Sponsored

Anyone bought a placeholder Maverick while waiting for your ordered Maverick?

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

With the way the used car market is going I’m strongly considering buying a low option XLT to drive for a few months while waiting for my Lariat Lux that still isn’t scheduled

Anyone else done this? It Seems my dealer has had several stock orders arrive that my salesperson wasn’t aware of (and my buddies in service see the truck drop them off so I get the heads up)

My current truck is getting traded in on Monday for my wife’s new Telluride. Starting Tuesday I’ll be driving my daughters Jeep Liberty…. Not excited about it one bit
Plus the wait is killing me
Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Downgrade to the Jeep liberty - yikes. We had one not exciting but a capable rig off road. Im stuck in an 11 year old highlander - Lariat Lux Eco with all the packages scheduling no where in sight - Not seeing a light at the end of the tunnel with now knowing the electric brake boost controller is another Lux constraint. Got a 9 inch screen/Android auto coming to at least put some fun back into driving the Toyota , very capable and solid rig but boring as F -)

zakstang

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
yes....I bought a dealer stock Mav that is supposed to be delivered end of month...its sitting in train yard according to my dealer....I needed vehicle until my order came in which I am expecting in 2025 at this rate :)

I will trade it in/sell it when my order arrives....

Delbert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been waiting since June. My Subaru blew a head gasket over Christmas. My first inclination was to see what else was available, rather than spend a month rebuilding the engine. The dealer was no help, used cars are too expensive. Found a good mechanic and put a new engine in the Subaru costing $3k and done in a week. I hope it is worth the wait for my hybrid.

Sponsored

farkmeil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (eco-boost) / Maverick (hybrid [ordered])
Count me as ridiculous. 😬

I bought an Ecoboost while I wait as my hybrid won't likely come until June/July.

I have hopes I'll be able to break even on the Ecoboost - Going to sauce it up a bit.

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
I bought a Tacoma over the summer and tried to move on with my life. Ordered the Mav in November. I bought the placeholder without realizing at the time that it was a placeholder.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
I bought a Santa Cruz....not sure its a place holder, I will know when my Lariat Hybrid shows up in March...

Sponsored

BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Man, the questions posted on this forum are most of the time on the ridiculous side. This is a Prime Example!!!
I know what you mean. When I read posts like the OP's, makes me wish I have that kind of problem.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bought my mother's 2017 Elantra for a fraction of what it is worth in this market (I offered more, she insisted). Gonna hold onto it until the Maverick comes. Then I might keep it, might sell it, not sure. I like the car just fine.

Couldn't find a placeholder Maverick. Not going to pay ADM.

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
With the way the used car market is going I’m strongly considering buying a low option XLT to drive for a few months while waiting for my Lariat Lux that still isn’t scheduled

Anyone else done this? It Seems my dealer has had several stock orders arrive that my salesperson wasn’t aware of (and my buddies in service see the truck drop them off so I get the heads up)

My current truck is getting traded in on Monday for my wife’s new Telluride. Starting Tuesday I’ll be driving my daughters Jeep Liberty…. Not excited about it one bit
Plus the wait is killing me
I did, and it was my Option B plan. Purchased a new Maverick XLT lux and 360 copilot at MSRP. Received a build date on Thursday, and I will sell the “Silver Surfer”, after my order is delivered. It worked well because I got some extended driving time behind the Maverick, and will make a few dollars.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did, and it was my Option B plan. Purchased a new Maverick XLT lux and 360 copilot at MSRP. Received a build date on Thursday, and I will sell the “Silver Surfer”, after my order is delivered. It worked well because I got some extended driving time behind the Maverick, and will make a few dollars.
Wasn't "The Silver Surfer" a Sci Fi movie?🤗

JTCC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Juno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid and 12 motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wasn't. Then I got trade quotes for my Mach-E, and I'm seriously considering scooping up an EB placeholder while I wait for my hybrid to be scheduled for sometime in 2073.
Sponsored