Sponsored

Anyone bought a placeholder Maverick while waiting for your ordered Maverick?

HotJombalya

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jombee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger Edge, 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My 2001 Ranger is 21 years old. It can drink now LoL. But I'm driving my wife's 2015 Taurus sense she works from home.
I’m rocking a 2002 Ranger myself. It’s fun to drive but only because it’s temporary
Sponsored

MustangMech

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bronco Sport is filling the bill! Still don’t have a build date on my Maverick. May keep the Bronco Sport and ditch the Maverick!

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m rocking a 2002 Ranger myself. It’s fun to drive but only because it’s temporary
My 2001 ranger is a 4.0L 4x4 it is fast! Only 133,000 miles on it.

ziggystar84

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Alto Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep did just that. I have a hybrid on order from sept, when it looked like it would be a long delay I grabbed an AWD eco boost in October off a lot at MSRP. Now I think I wanna keep the AWD but I live in the city so I’ll probably still want the hybrid when it comes in. And I bet I get every dollar back when I trade and hybrid is cheaper too so my payment will go down.

I really needed the truck for home renovation stuff and it really paid off when I was hauling 24’ 2x8’s the other day.

Sponsored

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Man, the questions posted on this forum are most of the time on the ridiculous side. This is a Prime Example!!!
Thank you for your oh so helpful commentary. Perhaps everybody should run their questions by you to determine if they're ridiculous before posting.

zakstang

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you for your oh so helpful commentary. Perhaps everybody should run their questions by you to determine if they're ridiculous before posting.
That was funny...."The Arbiter of Ridiculousness" :)

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
Out of curiosity I wonder how much I could get for a less 2000 miles 2022 Santa Cruz SE FWD...either selling or trade in for the Lariat Hybrid being built?
I'm really curious about the Hybrid

BlueOval5.0

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-150 SuperCab XLT, 5.4L 3V, Chrome Pkg
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yes I am considering something similar. I want the Lariat Lux hybrid but missed the order deadline. So, I will have to order a 2023 model in August and hope I get it within 6-12 months after the order.

So, spoke with my local dealer and after some thought - I think I am going to order a 2022 EB model and trade it when the 2023 arrives or if we really like it, keep both and give me soon to be driving middle son my wife's Rogue. So, we just might be Mr. & Mrs. Maverick. One EcoBoost and one Hybrid.

With the way the used car market is going I’m strongly considering buying a low option XLT to drive for a few months while waiting for my Lariat Lux that still isn’t scheduled

Anyone else done this? It Seems my dealer has had several stock orders arrive that my salesperson wasn’t aware of (and my buddies in service see the truck drop them off so I get the heads up)

My current truck is getting traded in on Monday for my wife’s new Telluride. Starting Tuesday I’ll be driving my daughters Jeep Liberty…. Not excited about it one bit
Plus the wait is killing me
Sponsored