Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My years ago are back in about 1959. I remember being at A & W Root beer in Cedar Springs Michigan. The car beside me had a 45 record player. Every time the girl skated by he would start the record with "She's neat". Of course, they skipped a lot on gravel roads and were pretty useless unless you found a quiet place to neck.
That's about the time I put a reverberator in my 1953 Chrysler Windsor Convertible, so it would have a slight echo on the hi-fi sound. It was Black with white top, black-white-red plaid interior, and five Chrysler factory wire wheels. It was so cool it had an automatic transmission, but also included a clutch. Smooth and cool. :cool:
Sponsored

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have all my CDs in a box in a closet. When I die, someone else will have to get rid of them. Cost me too much money to toss out. Fleetwood mac, Heart, Eagles, Doobie bros, acdc, Linda Ronstadt, oh so many. I keep them just in case my computer dies, I lose my backup drive, can't get access to my cloud storage or I lose my USB drive. Ya just never know.
Also, I gave all my Vinyl albums away and wish I didnt.
Got rid of almost 300 cds, but I still have about a dozen 8 track tapes! My first vehicle, a ‘74 Bronco had an under the dash mounted 8-track player.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got rid of almost 300 cds, but I still have about a dozen 8 track tapes! My first vehicle, a ‘74 Bronco had an under the dash mounted 8-track player.
I had an under dash cassette player.

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Use the CD/DVD drive on your computer to rip them into digital files. Copy the digital files onto a thumb drive and plug into your car. I wish I could recommend a ripping software, but I haven't done this in awhile.
I would take me years to digitally copy my music, by the time I was done I will be deaf & no longer able to drive!

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
I would take me years to digitally copy my music, by the time I was done I will be deaf & no longer able to drive!
Start small. Rip the ones you absolutely must have then add more as you go. You should be able to do your top 10/15 in about an hour. You don't need your entire music collection with you at all times, though it is possible with the amount of storage on modern thumb drives.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My years ago are back in about 1959. I remember being at A & W Root beer in Cedar Springs Michigan. The car beside me had a 45 record player. Every time the girl skated by he would start the record with "She's neat". Of course, they skipped a lot on gravel roads and were pretty useless unless you found a quiet place to neck.
Chrysler Imperials had an option, a record player. talk about riding in style, well until you hit a pothole or bump.

Sweet Willie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

clif442004

First Name
richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Senior citizens don't quite understand that sorcery

I don't know about that, I started with a commodore Vic 20 in the 80s. it would take a day programming just to make a stick man make moves. You did not click on a file and you had full blown anime, Oh and no internet at all, even with the modem to phone in it

Rexus99

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Tacoma
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Start small. Rip the ones you absolutely must have then add more as you go. You should be able to do your top 10/15 in about an hour. You don't need your entire music collection with you at all times, though it is possible with the amount of storage on modern thumb drives.
I used I tunes with both albums I had downloaded to I tunes and ones I bought. Made a playlist and transferred it to thumb drive. Digitally takes seconds not years.....

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Base Grp 500A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Big time boomer question-How are you getting your music onto the thumb drive? I just went from CD's to spotify and it sucks balls, full of commercials but since I can't seem to find much music I'm interested in I'm not going to pay for it. Are you paying for each song/album? I have over 30 years of CD's and I'm not wanting to buy it all over again.

Frankly, I prefer having physical copies but I'm way behind the times.
Easily records vinyl and cds directly to flash drive:
https://www.electrohome.com/7-in-1-vinyl-record-player-rr75-walnut

OdinStormfist

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don’t need a CD player. I will be adding an eight track player. I will be able to store all the 8track tapes under the rear seat. Finally I will be able to hear all the classics again. 😬😬

4CD6BA69-5BDB-4155-88DF-DA8983AA2730.jpeg
Now you just gotta hook an old reverb unit up to it! :)
Sponsored