Sponsored

Any recommendations for Maverick rims???

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The main problem is different wheel shops stock different brands so you need to shop a lot of different storefronts to see what is out there. And ironically it seemed like the bigger the selection the worse their searchability.
Sponsored

DarkStormy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
sometimes doing nothing is better than doing something poorly

1655434883990.png

its a really simple concept - "Better than stock"

Why would anyone toss money at something just to make it 'different' or 'worse than stock'.

Im rocking steelies atm. Nearly everyone asks me - like first time they see the truck "so are you getting rims for it" - yes motherfucker but not until I see / figure something out that im like 'dang'.

when you do 'dang' then other people are also like 'dang'.

i was in middle schools when the Jordan's came out. man - some clean Nikes - or Jordans - them was the shoe to have.

But then you show up with these:

1655435048822.png

they got the nickname "Bobo Kings" - because you'd had been better off just wearing the same converse or generic walmart shoes you had before. imagine spending money to get dunked on.

Mavericksport

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok a quick google search, and heres the manufacturers that use this pattern.

Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Dodge, Jaguar, Volvo, Land Rover, Peugeot, Oldsmobile, and the defunct Eagle brand. No GM products. I will remove that from my other posts.

But 21s or 22s on gum band tires, arent you looking for an odd duck. I have seen people post 20s and 21s off some land rover products on here, and I have seen guys getting stuff custom made to these sizes
21" factory ford edge rims and tires have good side wall tire. 22 is rubber band. But I have lowering springs for it already. I owned a Chevy xtreme, and almost bought the Colorado xtreme. That's my style. I'm looking at the for edge 21" or Volvo 21" rims

Jawny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Wess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
21" factory ford edge rims and tires have good side wall tire. 22 is rubber band. But I have lowering springs for it already. I owned a Chevy xtreme, and almost bought the Colorado xtreme. That's my style. I'm looking at the for edge 21" or Volvo 21" rims
I have searched FB marketplace and all of google for the 21" Edge ST rims, couple sites have them. $2300+. A member posted a picture of the black chrome edge rims on FB, they are fire.

Sponsored

Sleeper 7

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Fusion 14 Ram Dump 23 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I plan to run the steel in the winter and something nice when the salt is washed off the roads,

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just do the Fifteen52s that some of the other users have done. Its a clean wheel in the right bolt pattern. Probably want to put some beefier tires on when you do.

With few exceptions - most of the members on this site - their aftermarket wheels are not better than stock.

Im yet to see anything better than the Fifteen52s - and I'll probably hold out until I do.
Dude, you're pimping these wheels all over this forum (not that I don't agree they look great on a Mav). I have to wonder if you have some skin in these game.

austinzone

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dude, you're pimping these wheels all over this forum (not that I don't agree they look great on a Mav). I have to wonder if you have some skin in these game.
thank you for recognizing my skin game.

i just havent seen a better looking wheel as of now.

i wish and hope one day that i will.

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
thank you for recognizing my skin game.

i just havent seen a better looking wheel as of now.

i wish and hope one day that i will.
They're good looking wheels, but they definitely aren't the cheapest (or the lightest) option. Not that money is an issue for us, but I didn't buy the cheapest truck on the market to spend $1200 on rims that will probably noticeably negatively impact MPG on my hybrid. Just like I didn't feel like spending an extra $10k (over our XLT) on a bunch of bells and whistles I don't value. Different strokes for different folks.

We'll probably keep the stock XLT wheels for snow tires and look for something light in the $130-$170/piece range for the summer tires - konig runlites and sparco terras are two we are considering.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They're good looking wheels, but they definitely aren't the cheapest (or the lightest) option. Not that money is an issue for us, but I didn't buy the cheapest truck on the market to spend $1200 on rims that will probably noticeably negatively impact MPG on my hybrid. Just like I didn't feel like spending an extra $10k (over our XLT) on a bunch of bells and whistles I don't value. Different strokes for different folks.

We'll probably keep the stock XLT wheels for snow tires and look for something light in the $130-$170/piece range for the summer tires - konig runlites and sparco terras are two we are considering.
Konig makes some really nice looking wheels as well. We are trading in my wifes grand caravan for a new Mazda CX-30 within the next year. I told her if she wanted nicer looking rims than stock to start looking. Shes diggin some of the different aftermarket rim styles out there.

Just dont be caught dead like the morbidly obese fat guy wearing a sweat suit and Nike air forces 🤣🤣🤣

psst heres a tech tip, watch out for those BoBo kings. 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Sponsored

Deleted member 19038

Been thinking about what rims to put on my ‘23 XL when it comes in 5 years.

I’m trying to stay at the stock tire size which means max I can run a 17 x 8. Would be nice to have a low offset to push the tire a little bit outward. And would like to stay around the $200 per rim. Would love more suggestions! Love a gloss black look.

Found these and think they look good on the cactus grey:

https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whe...=Maverick+Hybrid&autoYear=2022&autoModClar=XL

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Been thinking about what rims to put on my ‘23 XL when it comes in 5 years.

I’m trying to stay at the stock tire size which means max I can run a 17 x 8. Would be nice to have a low offset to push the tire a little bit outward. And would like to stay around the $200 per rim. Would love more suggestions! Love a gloss black look.

Found these and think they look good on the cactus grey:

https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=TK97809GB&wheelMake=Sport Terrain&wheelModel=TK9&wheelFinish=Gloss Black Painted&showRear=no&autoMake=Ford&autoModel=Maverick+Hybrid&autoYear=2022&autoModClar=XL
If you bought a Lada 1500 from the old Soviet Union, you woulda had it by now 🤣🤣🤣 maybe not in the color you ordered, but you would at least had it by now 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Saw these in the parking lot at work yesterday. Escape titanium package. 19" rim. I thought they looked really cool. Wonder how those would look on a maverick.

Ford Maverick Any recommendations for Maverick rims??? 20221012_165336

Ford Maverick Any recommendations for Maverick rims??? 20221012_165343

Spook

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did your truck come without rims? Then why do you want to spend money and replace the ones on it? The ones on it were designed for it and they should work fine. Soon, we will see people wanting to replace the tires when there are tires already on the truck. If you want to give away your money, I'll take it and you won't have to work to replace things already on your truck.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did your truck come without rims? Then why do you want to spend money and replace the ones on it? The ones on it were designed for it and they should work fine. Soon, we will see people wanting to replace the tires when there are tires already on the truck. If you want to give away your money, I'll take it and you won't have to work to replace things already on your truck.
Maybe its beause he ordered an XL, and the rims that come on it are part of the standard issue XL poverty pak. He wants something he deems nicer looking than just painted steel. I know I would. It appears you bought a lariat. Not my first choice with the fake leather interior that looks burnt orange to my eyes, but if it was, I'd also be ditching those lariat rims for something that look a bit better myself. Heres my aftermarket 18x8s they are specced for focus RS mk4. To each their own. Stock is boring IMHO. BTW Spook, I plan on slapping the stockers on in the wintertime 4-5 months out of the year, and keeping my nice ones for spring, summer and fall.

To the OP, buy what you like, make this truck into what you want it to look like. I almost went with an XL with AWD 4K. No cruise control option turned me off. So I ordered an XLT. This was before I found out how to hack in the factory cruise control on an XL.

I had people tell me I was stupid for wanting to put lowering springs on mine, however with permanent nerve damage in my left leg, dropping it 2"-3" will help with 2 things. Ditching that awful fender to wheel gap, and make it easier for me to get in and out of.

Ford Maverick Any recommendations for Maverick rims??? 20220411_201955
Sponsored

Last edited: