Sponsored

Winter tires - what size/and any recommendations ?

carbonmav05

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Eco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Could anyone give me some info on what size/and any recommendations I would be looking for in some good snow winter tires? I have a hybrid so I don’t know if that would affect MPG but in winter I would be more worried ab the snow than MPG to be honest so it’s okay if bigger ones would affect it. I know some bigger tires fit so I didn’t know if I should change sizes or not and any tire recommendations!.. Any help would be awesome, thanks!
Sponsored

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can go with the same size or a bit narrower as it allows the snow tire to cut into the snow instead of trying to climb it.
I never used to believe in them until I got my first set now every car in the stable has a set.

Jakb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm planning on just sticking to the stock XL or XLT wheels and picking these up (or equivalent)
Costco has rotating sales on tires and you just usually have to wait 2 weeks for it to rotate to the next brand
Ford Maverick Winter tires - what size/and any recommendations ? Screenshot_20211120-200138_Costco

DonkeyJohn

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver w/ 2.0 EB, splash guards
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Living in the snowbelt in Western New York, snow tires are required for safe driving 4-5 months of the year. Given previous good experience with Cooper snows on previous trucks and SUVs - Chevy
Silverado 4wd, Colorado 4wd, GMC S-15 rwd, and GMC Suburban 4wd, I went with 4 Cooper Evolution 225/65/17 on my XL 2.0 EB. Good value for dollar, great service from local tire center. Confident that good snows on FWD Maverick will be more than adequate. Total cost was 460.00, plus sales tax and NYS fee. Great traction for control and braking, only slightly noisier than Continental All Season tires std . on XL. Too soon to know impact on mileage, but previous vehicles averaged 1-2 MPG lower in winter driving seasons-small sacrifice for greater control, confidence and safety.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Firestone Winterforce. Ive had two sets and they work great for the money.

Sponsored

Maui

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Kia Soul Convertble
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Firestone Winterforce. Ive had two sets and they work great for the money.

100% agreement. Price is right, work GREAT! Stay with the standard size.

fbov

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape Hybrid
...I have a hybrid so I don’t know if that would affect MPG but in winter...
You can get good snows that won't hurt mileage. I used Michelin X-Ice 3 on the C-Max, and all I saw was an extension of the prior Summer's trend.
Ford Maverick Winter tires - what size/and any recommendations ? MPG v Temp rural thru winter 150229

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've seen this before...nice to see presented data with the persuasion..

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Living in the snowbelt in Western New York, snow tires are required for safe driving 4-5 months of the year. Given previous good experience with Cooper snows on previous trucks and SUVs - Chevy
Silverado 4wd, Colorado 4wd, GMC S-15 rwd, and GMC Suburban 4wd, I went with 4 Cooper Evolution 225/65/17 on my XL 2.0 EB. Good value for dollar, great service from local tire center. Confident that good snows on FWD Maverick will be more than adequate. Total cost was 460.00, plus sales tax and NYS fee. Great traction for control and braking, only slightly noisier than Continental All Season tires std . on XL. Too soon to know impact on mileage, but previous vehicles averaged 1-2 MPG lower in winter driving seasons-small sacrifice for greater control, confidence and safety.
Definitely don't miss winter driving in upstate NY. Had an AWD Honda Element when I lived there that could just about plow through anything. Saw my fair share of 4X4 trucks off the road in ditches, too, who thought they were invincible. Slow and steady wins the race, kids.
Sponsored