Sponsored

Any recommendations for Maverick rims???

austinzone

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ya the fifteen52 wheels are really really nice wheels, but some people just dont have that kind of a budget and still want nice looking wheels. That's why there's other wheel manufacturers out there.
sometimes doing nothing is better than doing something poorly

Ford Maverick Any recommendations for Maverick rims??? 1655434883990

its a really simple concept - "Better than stock"

Why would anyone toss money at something just to make it 'different' or 'worse than stock'.

Im rocking steelies atm. Nearly everyone asks me - like first time they see the truck "so are you getting rims for it" - yes motherfucker but not until I see / figure something out that im like 'dang'.

when you do 'dang' then other people are also like 'dang'.

i was in middle schools when the Jordan's came out. man - some clean Nikes - or Jordans - them was the shoe to have.

But then you show up with these:

Ford Maverick Any recommendations for Maverick rims??? 1655435048822

they got the nickname "Bobo Kings" - because you'd had been better off just wearing the same converse or generic walmart shoes you had before. imagine spending money to get dunked on.
Sponsored

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Austinzone , I could care less about sneakers. I got a decent pair good enough for my morning 2 mile run. Personally I like the rims I picked. They dont need to be forged wheels for a cheap mini pickup. I dont plan on doing any off roading, and it ain't a hot rod. Again it goes to what a person can afford, and the style they like. Some are repurposing other stock ford rims because that's what they can afford, or what they like.

Knocking another's choice or talking down on it when not in their financial situation is pretty lame. Around here, most people arent going to look at what you have and say, wow look at that, hes got $2000 worth of wheels on his ride, or knock you for swapping on better looking stockers. The OP like most is wanting advice on doing something that looks different, "probably on a budget".

Now let's be honest and call it what it really is. It's a cheap disposable car based unibody pickup truck. Putting that kind of money on it in the form of wheels, well that's the 4 wheeled equivalent of putting lipstick on a pig. Or in your world seeing Air Jordan's on a morbidly obese fat guy. Or putting Nike Swooshes on a pair of Bobo Kings to try to make it what it aint.

You bought the cheapest vehicle they offer and are slapping expensive forged performance wheels on it ? Then you want to knock other people for their wheel choices? Grow up man. To explain your hipocracy to you a bit better so you can understand it. "Bruh you bought an XL. The Bobo King of ford pickups, now you want to put (Nike swooshes) on it. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello all,

I just picked up my Maverick from the dealership this past Monday. Everything is working great on it. The wife and I ended up getting the Hybird XL model that comes with those basic steel rims. They're okay, but I was hoping to shop around and see what I can do to replace them and make it look a bit nicer.

If you know of any good websites or anything, please let me know. Thank you!
It's amazing what a different set of wheels can do to wake up an XL and make it look better. A lot of guys are using new OEM takeoffs from the bronco sport. Not sure if your into that look. Same size diameter rim, just swap your tires, and tire pressure sensors over. If you check your local wheel and tire places, a lot of times people put different wheels on, and these wheel & tire places take the OEM takeoffs as partial payment.

5x108mm circle. Focus, escape, bronco sport, I think ford fusion uses that as well. There may be some other ford/lincoln products that use that pattern. I think the ford edge does. You would have to google that. Some range rover use this pattern. I'd like to say the range rover evoque, but cant be certain. Just poke around on the net. Lots of different choices to pick from. You may even find a nice set on craigslist locally. As far as aftermarket, theres an insane amount of rim styles to choose from. Pick what you like

If you go aftermarket rims of a different diameter than stock, try to stay with a tire that has the same outer diameter as your stock wheels or it will throw your speedometer and odometer readings off. This may affect your MPG computers calculations. Not sure if Forscan will allow you to input tire diameter changes to recalibrate the speedometer.

Last edited:

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

1655434883990.png

What does "better than stock" even mean in regards to wheels? Really the only relevant objective metric is weight, otherwise they are all functionally the same. Wheel choice is almost exclusively subjective. We're probably getting another set so we can put snow tires on the stock XLT wheels, looking at possibly these https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy-wheels/konig-runlite - they're half the price of many wheels I've seen on other member's trucks (actually like the gold), light, and look decent.

If I have to spend over $140 per wheel, I'll just look for a set of takeoffs or buy steelies to put the snow tires on. Just not worth it to me to spend an extra $400+ for something else that isn't objectively better.

Last edited:

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok
What does "better than stock" even mean in regards to wheels? Really the only relevant objective metric is weight, otherwise they are all functionally the same. Wheel choice is almost exclusively subjective. We're probably getting another set so we can put snow tires on the stock XLT wheels, looking at possibly these https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy-wheels/konig-runlite - they're half the price of many wheels I've seen on other member's trucks (actually like the gold), light, and look decent.

If I have to spend over $140 per wheel, I'll just look for a set of takeoffs or buy steelies to put the snow tires on. Just not worth it to me to spend an extra $400+ for something else that isn't objectively better.
Forgings are really tough and pretty light. But come at a cost. If it's not a race car or heavy duty off roader which a maverick is neither, then these types of wheels arent really necessary. The only thing I can see lightweight forgings doing for you besides lightening your wallet, is lightening the unsprung vehicle weight. This will possibly help your mileage a little bit, and your acceleration performance a little bit because of the weight loss and less weight resistance to rotating up to speed.

Austinzone, now you can put those forged performance wheels on a FWD XL hybrid and try to get some poseur street cred, just be sure you arent wearing some BKs while your doing it, or be the obese fat guy wearing the air jordans. Isnt that right. 🤣🤣🤣. Maybe you can get some XLT or Lariat badges, tint all the windows, and dont ever let em look inside.

Last edited:

Sponsored

catinthebathtub

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
haas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT 350, 60 VW, 34 pickup and porsches....
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why would anyone toss money at something just to make it 'different' or 'worse than stock'.
Im rocking steelies atm. Nearly everyone asks me - like first time they see the truck "so are you getting rims for it" - yes motherfucker but not until I see / figure something out that im like 'dang'.
i was in middle schools when the Jordan's came out. man - some clean Nikes - or Jordans - them was the shoe to have.
i showed up in these:
Ford Maverick Any recommendations for Maverick rims??? vans-style

and am sporting steelies until i make my wheel/tire choice.
Ford Maverick Any recommendations for Maverick rims??? y

catinthebathtub

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
haas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
H&R 28633-2 as mine is FWD.
i will likely end up on konig hypergrams (not my preferred style though :rolleyes: .....) as they are the lightest wheel available. but the mav replaced a mazda3 on hypergrams as they were the lightest wheel i could buy. i have spent more time researching wheels for this vehicle than any other i have ever owned. and if anyone wants more choices, just go to www.demontweeks.com

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
H&R 28633-2 as mine is FWD.
i will likely end up on konig hypergrams (not my preferred style though :rolleyes: .....) as they are the lightest wheel available. but the mav replaced a mazda3 on hypergrams as they were the lightest wheel i could buy. i have spent more time researching wheels for this vehicle than any other i have ever owned. and if anyone wants more choices, just go to www.demontweeks.com
That's a good looking wheel!! What color are you going to get?

catinthebathtub

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
haas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's a good looking wheel!! What color are you going to get?
matte grey is all see currently available., and i guess that's fine.
one of my decision factors is i don't want black wheels. i was shocked to learn powder coating runs nearly $200 per wheel. and, i have "krylon'd" many sets of wheels in my life.
my previous experience with konigs was that the quality of the surface finish is sub-standard . previous wheels were matte bronze on a soul red 3 sedan, on eibachs.

Sponsored

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav

Sort of agree here. Probably not worth the money unless you're saving more than couple of pounds per wheel/tire. I also think the stock steelies look great and would look even better with some clean center caps.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
What the fuck are you gibbering about son?

1655434883990.png

1655435048822.png

they got the nickname "Bobo Kings" - because you'd had been better off just wearing the same converse or generic walmart shoes you had before. imagine spending money to get dunked on.

austinzone

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What does "better than stock" even mean in regards to wheels? Really the only relevant objective metric is weight, otherwise they are all functionally the same. Wheel choice is almost exclusively subjective.
but its ultimately not.

casey in point:

Ford Maverick Any recommendations for Maverick rims??? 1655492108083

or

Ford Maverick Any recommendations for Maverick rims??? 1655492129938

whats the point? the point is - never trust a man with no shirt

Ford Maverick Any recommendations for Maverick rims??? 1655492255830
Sponsored