Sponsored

Any Maverick owners with NO problems / issues so far?

Deleted member 2764

I hope I don’t jinx myself, but I haven’t had any of the posted issues. XLT lux, 2.0 EB, 4K tow. Replaced oem tires with 235 65 17 Cooper AT3 4S, they’ve been great so far. A little extra noise on concrete. Covered the bed with Bakflip MX4, also no issues. Fingers crossed!
Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Reading the reviews on anything is a trap. People who hate products love to bad mouth and give it a 1 star. Few people want to rave about it and give it 5 stars. Everyone that is satisfied is not talking. Similar to a forum. Plenty of hype and some small to serious issues

I know I can’t remember all the issues but below are some of them. I would use it as a guide of things to keep an eye out for but not to stress over.

Fuel tank recall - problem solved going forward
Seat belt recall - problem solved going forward

Paint chips (rocks)
broken front grill (probably a 🪨 rock)

Windshield cracked (rocks and warranty)

Transmission fluid overflowing (overfilled during build, Ford said this issue has been addressed)

Ford pass remote start on hybrids running rich and turning the CAT red hot is a computer issue that Ford needs to fix.

Various alignment issues from a few people. Should be an easy fix for any of them. I’ve heard steering wheel shakes at 70 MPH and truck pulls the right from two different people.

Half shaft and control arm squeak/leak - both got replaced under warranty.

Radio freezing - Ford said the fix is coming next week.

Various rattles from different components that got lose, easy fix for most of them so far.

Rain leaks into back door because of improper sealant behind door panel. Fixed by the dealer without issue.

poor sealant/weld where truck bed meets the windshield (bottom left/driver side). This is an eye sore more than an issue.

Hood shake that has numerous solutions.

Dead on Arrival. One hybrid has been DOA and status is unknown at this point. It’s sad but sometimes there is a dud.

Some people have noted that when they hit a deer, or semi truck their truck no longer functions.
Yea way back in 2015 my Wife was looking at the Hyundai Sonta Hybrid and when she tried to test drive it wouldn't start and there was a bad smell of dead battery, So I agree there's duds wherever you go

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I hope I don’t jinx myself, but I haven’t had any of the posted issues. XLT lux, 2.0 EB, 4K tow. Replaced oem tires with 235 65 17 Cooper AT3 4S, they’ve been great so far. A little extra noise on concrete. Covered the bed with Bakflip MX4, also no issues. Fingers crossed!
I wanted to get the BAKflip X4S and waited 2 months before I canceled the order. Now I am waiting for the Ford REV roll up version that is a lot like the the previous version X2.

bighap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I had tried ordering directly through BAKflip... Delivery kept being pushed out. I was told they were waiting on manufacturer delay. I ended up ordering the Ford version so I am going to wait on that now.

Sponsored

Stupak

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Almost 2,000 miles problem free and love it. One item and its big-my city gas mileage in the 2.0 is nothing like stated. I average way less than 20 mpg on the average, usually 15mpg. Highway is good at however at approx. 30 mpg. Cheers

zarnold56

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2.0 XLT AWD 4K towing, owned since early Nov now with 4000 miles (stupid holiday travel). I have had no issues other than the radio tuning getting frozen/sluggish sometimes. Taking it in for its first oil change Wed, so maybe something will pop up on inspection.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
This is a great summary.

My truck would not start at the dealer after I purchased it. Then I realized I put my weathertech mat in on top of the gas pedal.

I've also got some rock chips already but that's kinda par for the course driving on the highway in the winter. Got a touchup pen.
Where do you get a touch up pen??

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Just picked up my XLT Eco on Jan 7th and love it. Only complaint is the radio gets stuck and won't tune to other stations. I dropped it off at dealer this afternoon to get that issue fixed.
Gas Mileage has been great. I'm at 222 miles and am getting about 27 mpg. That is about 75% city driving.

Deleted member 1370

Just picked up my XLT Eco on Jan 7th and love it. Only complaint is the radio gets stuck and won't tune to other stations. I dropped it off at dealer this afternoon to get that issue fixed.
Gas Mileage has been great. I'm at 222 miles and am getting about 27 mpg. That is about 75% city driving.
See I’m the opposite, my radio works fine and no issues at all but im at 175 miles and 90% city driving and getting 19mpg. And I’m not heavy on the throttle either.

Sponsored

DeanR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback Tundra F250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2800 miles averaging around 29. Not happy with tires (Pirelli) but they performed well on gravelly/sandy roads today. Zero complaints on the pickup. Changed oil at 2,000 miles the skid plate is a PITA. Definitely would buy it again. ECO 4k fx4 Lux Lariat

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seeing all these threads from folks reporting all manner of problems. I was wondering how many people have taken delivery and have experienced no problems at all.
My 2013 Hyundai Sonata's rear view camera glitches sometimes and I get a "blue screen of death". I was researching this in their forum and saw all manner of horror stories! I think it's common to see a lot of problems reported in any vehicle forum.

Jcaudi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only problem I had was when I got home from the dealership my tailgate wouldn't open! I made sure to unlock it and tried everything! Called the dealer, they said they hand washed it before I picked it up and to put it in my garage because was probably frozen shut. Sure enough, the next morning gate opened just fine. Lol

KimTexas

First Name
Berly Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid - 🌵 Grey
Zilch...Awesome truck!
Sponsored