Sponsored

Any Maverick owners with NO problems / issues so far?

Bret Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seeing all these threads from folks reporting all manner of problems. I was wondering how many people have taken delivery and have experienced no problems at all.
Sponsored

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No problems whatsoever.

Keep in mind that ALL product-centric forums are pretty much full of problem reports and horror stories, since those who don't experience problems have nothing to post.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bret Maverick

Bret Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No problems whatsoever.

Keep in mind that ALL product-centric forums are full of horror stories, since those who don't experience problems have nothing to post.
Thanks, BTW, Colorado has some beautiful scenery, was stationed at Lowry AFB many moons ago.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Reading the reviews on anything is a trap. People who hate products love to bad mouth and give it a 1 star. Few people want to rave about it and give it 5 stars. Everyone that is satisfied is not talking. Similar to a forum. Plenty of hype and some small to serious issues

I know I can’t remember all the issues but below are some of them. I would use it as a guide of things to keep an eye out for but not to stress over. Edit - these are from other owners on the MTC. I’m just summarizing them

Fuel tank recall - problem solved going forward
Seat belt recall - problem solved going forward

Paint chips (rocks)
broken front grill (probably a 🪨 rock)

Windshield cracked (rocks and warranty)

Transmission fluid overflowing (overfilled during build, Ford said this issue has been addressed)

Ford pass remote start on hybrids running rich and turning the CAT red hot is a computer issue that Ford needs to fix.

Various alignment issues from a few people. Should be an easy fix for any of them. I’ve heard steering wheel shakes at 70 MPH and truck pulls the right from two different people.

Half shaft and control arm squeak/leak - both got replaced under warranty.

Radio freezing - Ford said the fix is coming next week.

Various rattles from different components that got lose, easy fix for most of them so far.

Rain leaks into back door because of improper sealant behind door panel. Fixed by the dealer without issue.

poor sealant/weld where truck bed meets the windshield (bottom left/driver side). This is an eye sore more than an issue.

Hood shake that has numerous solutions.

Dead on Arrival. One hybrid has been DOA and status is unknown at this point. It’s sad but sometimes there is a dud.

Some people have noted that when they hit a deer, or semi truck their truck no longer functions.

edit -here is the link to a working spreadsheet with all the issues above and more.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bret Maverick

Bret Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Reading the reviews on anything is a trap. People who hate products love to bad mouth and give it a 1 star. Few people want to rave about it and give it 5 stars. Everyone that is satisfied is not talking. Similar to a forum. Plenty of hype and some small to serious issues

I know I didn’t remember all the issues but below are some of them. I would use it as a guide of things to keep an eye out for but not to stress over.

Paint chips (rocks)

Transmission fluid overflowing (overfilled during build, Ford said this issue has been addressed)

Ford pass remote start on hybrids running rich and turning the CAT red hot is a computer issue that Ford needs to fix.

Various alignment issues from a few people. Should be an easy fix for any of them. I’ve heard steering wheel shakes at 70 MPH and truck pulls the right from two different people.

Various rattles from different components that got lose, easy fix for most of them so far.

Rain leaks into back door because of improper sealant behind door panel. Fixed by the dealer without issue.

poor sealant/weld where truck bed meets read windshield (bottom left/driver side)

Dead on Arrival. One hybrid has been DOA and status is unknown at this point. It’s sad but sometimes there is a dud.

Some people have noted that when they hit a deer, or semi truck their truck no longer functions.
Thanks! I had a commercial flatbed hit my VW years ago. That certainly caused some issues! :LOL:

OP
OP
Bret Maverick

Bret Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

silvy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I know I didn’t remember all the issues but below are some of them. I would use it as a guide of things to keep an eye out for but not to stress over.

Paint chips (rocks)
broken front grill (probably a 🪨 rock)

poor sealant/weld where truck bed meets read windshield (bottom left/driver side)

Thanks for putting this together all in one place.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for putting this together all in one place.
Maybe I will do a thread later with all of them. I might think of more and others can add to it.

edit -here it is

Last edited:

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

RNeeley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL, 1944 Willy MB, 1949 Dodge project.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got to see a top of the line German car that tangled with an Elk back around 2000. All that German engineering had nothing on nature. Roof was flat to the head rests. From what I heard the Elk wasn't found around the crash site, but probably died later.

Almost 200 trouble free miles so far. Fingers crossed!

OP
OP
Bret Maverick

Bret Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got to see a top of the line German car that tangled with an Elk back around 2000. All that German engineering had nothing on nature. Roof was flat to the head rests. From what I heard the Elk wasn't found around the crash site, but probably died later.

Almost 200 trouble free miles so far. Fingers crossed!
Thanks!

OP
OP
Bret Maverick

Bret Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have had mine since ~Oct 15 Lariat Lux EB AWD and I haven't had any problems with mine at all.
Thanks, hope mine goes as well when I pick it up next month.

2022MAVERICKAWDCT

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK XLT AWD FX4 4K Tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seeing all these threads from folks reporting all manner of problems. I was wondering how many people have taken delivery and have experienced no problems at all.
So far, so good....No issues yet....
Sponsored