Sponsored

Went and saw a Maverick in person today...

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
And it looked fantastic. So we actually built and ordered two of them, no money down, and no obligations.

The dealer actually told me, he hoped we bought them, but even if not, us ordering them was about the only way they could get them sent to their lot, as Ford was only sending out pre ordered Mavericks, and not just for them to sell from there lot.

Anyway, it looked bigger and tougher in person than I expected. Interior looked and felt great too. In fact, I'd have been 100% sold... Except for the fact I can't get get adaptive cruise control, which I use almost 100% of the time in my Prius when I'm on the freeway. I'd have to pay $3K extra for that by getting the Lariat + end up with an interior and wheels I don't even prefer.

So I'll probably let them keep it ☹ Bummer.

My GF ordered the brighter blue one, Hybrid of course, and she's never even had a vehicle with ACC, so no loss for her, with that.

PS, It's not "just" that I think ACC is the most monumental feature of any vehicle ever.... But keep in mind, I LOVE my F150, and it's paid for, and it has the rediculous stereo that I've worked on for 13 years.... In short, that truck is my baby.

So if I'm going to lose it for something else, I better be thrilled with that new vehicle in every darn way...

Ford Maverick Went and saw a Maverick in person today... IMG_20210811_140041636_HDR
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Mav_in_MO

First Name
Kohl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus ST
I had to option up for the adaptive cruise and all of the other driver assist tech. My current vehicle has zero features along with a manual transmission. I'm ready for easy.

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had to option up for the adaptive cruise and all of the other driver assist tech. My current vehicle has zero features along with a manual transmission. I'm ready for easy.
Sounds like you already have "easy." 😂

OP
OP

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
Do you mean, as in, the Lariat trim + 360 package ???

I'd have been glad to pay the $500 for the 360 package, which does add a few nice safety features. I just can't do the $3K Lariat "downgrade" on the interior and wheels :(

Really bummed this morning. So many cool things about this vehicle. Oh well.

Heck, if my GF gets her Maverick, at least I'll still get to drive one on a regular basis.

PS, Plus my F150 (my baby) looked so good on the driveway when we got home. Think I'm just going to get a new set of tires for her, do another 3 yr touch up on her, and call it a day.

Halo9x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

And it looked fantastic. So we actually built and ordered two of them, no money down, and no obligations.

The dealer actually told me, he hoped we bought them, but even if not, us ordering them was about the only way they could get them sent to their lot, as Ford was only sending out pre ordered Mavericks, and not just for them to sell from there lot.

Anyway, it looked bigger and tougher in person than I expected. Interior looked and felt great too. In fact, I'd have been 100% sold... Except for the fact I can't get get adaptive cruise control, which I use almost 100% of the time in my Prius when I'm on the freeway. I'd have to pay $3K extra for that by getting the Lariat + end up with an interior and wheels I don't even prefer.

So I'll probably let them keep it ☹ Bummer.

My GF ordered the brighter blue one, Hybrid of course, and she's never even had a vehicle with ACC, so no loss for her, with that.

PS, It's not "just" that I think ACC is the most monumental feature of any vehicle ever.... But keep in mind, I LOVE my F150, and it's paid for, and it has the rediculous stereo that I've worked on for 13 years.... In short, that truck is my baby.

So if I'm going to lose it for something else, I better be thrilled with that new vehicle in every darn way...

IMG_20210811_140041636_HDR.jpg
I had ACC in my Corolla and do miss it a little bit, but compared to everything else I'm getting in the Maverick, I'm okay with losing it. I bought a CO XLT , BAP, AWD 2.0L Ecoboost, sprayed in bed liner, Pilot 360 and towing hitch receiver. I don’t miss the Corolla at all.

Ford Maverick Went and saw a Maverick in person today... IMG_0076

Ford Maverick Went and saw a Maverick in person today... IMG_0073

Ford Maverick Went and saw a Maverick in person today... IMG_0053

Ford Maverick Went and saw a Maverick in person today... IMG_0045

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I find it strange they had allocations they have not used this late in the year and told you they could not place an order unless it was a customer order. Aren't all orders considered "retail stock" - meaning if the dealer has an allocation they either use it or they don't? There is no priority or que?

But hey, no money down? Who cares... order away! Just don't expect it to actually show up lol.
Sponsored