Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT EB FX4 Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Details:
Truck-2.0 EB, XLT, FX4, Moonroof, Full-Size Spare, Cactus Gray
Driver-6'1", 275 (fluffy haha), also own F-150 and MAV replaced Honda Accord for commuting.

Review/Thoughts:
Before I even write anything further let us get a disclaimer out for any wandering trolls or angry members still waiting for a truck; this is simply my thoughts, it's ok if your opinion varies, and it's ok to comment however you wish, but relax...it's only a vehicle lol.

So here we go. I ordered the truck back in January 22, the last day books were open actually. The forum has been a great way to pass the time, get ideas, research topics, and have some laughs. It was a long wait but the anticipation was part of the fun so don't stress if you are in that camp still waiting. The truck arrived at the dealership, Elk Grove Ford in CA on November 2. Pick up was a breeze, this is the third truck (yes I called it a truck) I have purchased from them and I can't say enough about how good that dealership is.

I would love to say the first 500 miles were good/bad/average but I cannot say as the misses took our new little ride and went North to visit family so I was unable to become acquainted with my new commuter until she returned last week....lets just say if it had heated seats I probably wouldn't have got it back from her, she absolutely loves it!

Now I have had it for the last ten days and would like to add the following:

Pros:
The truck makes me smile every time I get in it. It is just fun to drive. It is every bit as comfortable to me as my Accord was. I am not the smallest person in the world and I fit just fine. No, the moonroof didn't cramp the headspace and the seats are very comfortable. I find the truck to be quite peppy for it only being a four-cylinder and road noise does not stand out to me.

Speaking of the moonroof, what a great addition. I have had one before in another vehicle but never utilized it, I am really liking this one and it makes the already comfortable interior feel even more spacious. Fit and finish on my truck are great, I really love the interior color and accents, there is a lot of plastic but the texture used makes it "feel" above what I thought it would be. The stereo works great, sounds great, no issues with it whatsoever. The height of the truck makes it super easy to access the bed...and my tailgate lays perfectly flat, sounds like the cable issue may have been resolved. Been stopped numerous times already by folks asking to see the truck which is a fun experience and adds to the pride of ownership.

Currently averaging 29/30 on my hwy. commute, though I can get 32+ if I set the cruise at 65 mph...but I can't seem to make myself leave it there haha. In town it is sitting at about 24 mpg, all these numbers are only with three fill-ups so numbers may change. Rode for about twenty minutes yesterday with two adults up front and two teens in the back, no issues, would the rear passengers want to go cross country like that, perhaps not, but it was no issue accommodating leg room for everyone. Love the auto high beams, the first vehicle I have had with it, and a wonderful feature.

Cons:
There are only a few gripes but I want to be upfront and honest with those reading. My biggest complaint is that I had the dash "monster" show up and start a rattle in the upper right passenger side where the window meets the dash. FORD has already started a claim # for me and I will be taking it to the dealership to see what we can do sometime after the holidays. An annoyance for sure but I am not letting it steal my joy.

The handle to open the door, cheap, it's the one piece of plastic that feels sub-par and I wish they had beefed that up a touch, small item but it's noticeable to me. No rear floor mats...FORD those would have been cheap to throw in, come on lol. I do wish it was wireless for the apple car play but I almost always have my phone plugged in to charge so not a huge issue, but I could see where some may dislike it. The last complaint is the lack of a defroster in the rear window, although it has not been an issue so far for me, I could see it being an issue in colder areas.

Overall:
This is a great truck, exactly what I wanted and had hoped it would be. Would I buy it again or recommend it, absolutely!!! I am very very happy with it and look forward to driving it daily. For those waiting, it is worth the wait. Thank you to all on the forum, great place to gain insight, and information, and share in the enjoyment of the Maverick.

Happy Holidays!
Sponsored

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Great review! Glad both you and your wife enjoy it

2020 GT500

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2023 Miata RF Club
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cool! I like mine, too! Kudos to Morgan Hill Ford here in Ca for making the buying process super simple. No issues at 800 miles and 2 month of ownership. I have the XL w/ecoboost. Only other options are drop in bad floor liner and 400 watt inverter. Agree with the door handles…seem chintzy, but if they prove durable I am good. For a vehicle that cost under $20k not too shabby!

OP
OP
MrCigar

MrCigar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT EB FX4 Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cool! I like mine, too! Kudos to Morgan Hill Ford here in Ca for making the buying process super simple. No issues at 800 miles and 2 month of ownership. I have the XL w/ecoboost. Only other options are drop in bad floor liner and 400 watt inverter. Agree with the door handles…seem chintzy, but if they prove durable I am good. For a vehicle that cost under $20k not too shabby!
Not too far from me, when is the CA meetup??? Haha

2020 GT500

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2023 Miata RF Club
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not too far from me, when is the CA meetup??? Haha
Funny, you should ask! The last Cars And Coffee at the Laguna Seca racetrack on Saturday, December 3 and I will definitely be there. You are welcome to bring anything and everything early birds get free coffee.!
Sponsored