First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
But to say the one journalist who had the issue is the ONLY one is a bit presumptuous.

LOL excellent humble brag, my friend!:ROFLMAO:
I was focused on this supposed problem while I had a BL on order so I read and watched anything available on the subject. This one instance and her following interview from another journalist is the basis of of my opinion. Presumption is mutual on this subject my friend. Looking forward to seeing your video if it's on a Badlands as it applies to my incoming Tremor. The regular BS has had this issue along with it's peers and I expect the regular Mavericks would also. Loose going where the PTU shifts power fore and aft involves clutch slippage and heat.

Humble brag? What, my culinary skills?
Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It seems yall are talking about show boat driving(these days called hooning and drifting and such). To me thats about the same as the dirty paved and gravel road racing around I did when I was younger on rural Ohio roads. Fun stuff for sure. But I am really wondering how its system would perform on a autocross or road course or even a dirt track. I have a feeling that while it would eventually get hot, a Tremor could do some really good lap times as compared to other vehicles. Its got good power and in the right modes will give you traction from the rear as soon as its needed. I know this system must be an expansion on other systems Ford uses. When my mother in law got her Ecosport I did several test runs up our driveway. It is very steep, turns at its steepest and has many digs randomly sequenced all over it. She has the slickest steet tires that came on em. For clearance reasons she has to ride the ridges. At different speeds I did runs and had her do runs up it, watching tire spin and watching the traction moniter inside. It shifts power around very fast. under throttle. The ecosport has no modes or anything so I assume the programming is just whatever the vehicle needs, to its heat limit of course.

Given that even the ecosport has traction that much on demand, in a racing situation I think the Tremors system will respond as quickly as needed to get around a course as fast as possible given its weight and power. Now in thinking a Tremor with everything stripped and body skin panels replaced by carbon fiber. Lightweight wheels and tires, lowered a bit, air bags stripped and a single passenger cage welded in. Get it down to 33-3400lbs and free up the exhaust and intake. It would be really good as stock class race truck.

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06 12 Mustang 22 Maverick 93 Lightning 19 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The awd handles beautifully during autocross runs. The intelligent awd screen shows active the entire time. My truck lives in sport mode.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The awd handles beautifully during autocross runs. The intelligent awd screen shows active the entire time. My truck lives in sport mode.
I notice you have 93 Lightning. Ever think of doing a back to back video for us on the 2. Showing us how sport trucks have changed in 30 years?

Sponsored

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I notice you have 93 Lightning. Ever think of doing a back to back video for us on the 2. Showing us how sport trucks have changed in 30 years?
The lightning is getting a built engine and 6r80 swap. It will be awhile before its running again.

Reactions: bgn

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The lightning is getting a built engine and 6r80 swap. It will be awhile before its running again.
Nice! 351 based? What do you have in mind? I built my old Maverick with a 306 roller block, speed pro forged pistons, AFRs older 185 heads with a 58cc chamber. It was 10.5:1. A chokeless demon and rpm airgap intake. The thing was beautiful and really loved high rpms, it had Fords X cam. You probably want more torque though. I had a stupid 3:1 rear diff and 28in tires. It's seemed like it would go on forever on the top end. Went past 6500 rpm all the time in 1st and 2nd. But any time I went anywhere near 6000 rpm in 3rd the reaper would pop up in my mirrors🤣!

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
427 stroker, AFR 220's 58cc, custom hyd roller lunati cam, sniper x-flow 1375 efi. I built the 6r80 already and have a Circle D converter for it. Its being built to be a reliable cruiser with the occasional highway pulls. Rear wheels have been sent off to Weldcraft to be widened. Ive had the engine running already but with AFR 185's. I used what i had but it wasnt happy. I will use the 185's on a 306 im building for a 87 Mustang coupe.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

427 stroker, AFR 220's 58cc, custom hyd roller lunati cam, sniper x-flow 1375 efi. I built the 6r80 already and have a Circle D converter for it. Its being built to be a reliable cruiser with the occasional highway pulls. Rear wheels have been sent off to Weldcraft to be widened. Ive had the engine running already but with AFR 185's. I used what i had but it wasnt happy. I will use the 185's on a 306 im building for a 87 Mustang coupe.
Nice, that will do for sure! I do have a SBF in my 96 Bronco but doubt I will build it much aside from converting it to carb one day when the factory efi gremlins win their war. Next motor I am likely to build will be a AMC/Jeep 4.0, I have a good block aswell as a 258 crank. Probably build it to a 4.9 with a ported Edelbrock head and a Offy intake. Forged pistons and compression with a good cam will get it in the 325-350 hp range. Its going in a Eagle so I think it will need either a turbo or a centrifugal supercharger to fly like an Eagle.

I also have a V8 Jeep ZJ with the last non electronic trans they used. There is always the option of building up it 5.2 or swapping to a 5.9 for a V8 Eagle. Then I can get nasty with the NA power.

MaverickPR

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No, the Ford PTU (Part that sends power to the rear wheels) is not designed to handle full time engagement, it's barely robust enough to handle part time engagement.
The actuator or motor that engages the PTU in my FX4 broke down and triggered an AWD alarm. So it was running basically on front wheel drive only. My car had only 6k miles when this broke down. Luckily it was replaced under warranty but it’s a 1.3k job. Wondering what could have caused this motor in the PTU to break down with so few miles on the clock?

Sponsored

Ottocycle

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' RS6 Avant, 14' CTS-V Wagon, 87' BMW 535is
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

FE motor?

K5Blazer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Subarus symmetrical AWD system works well on flat, slippery surfaces.

Off road, not so much.

In fact, once, I almost couldn’t get out of a rutted, rocky incline with mine. This would have been easily handled by my last 4WD Ranger using only the rear locker in 2WD.

I lost all confidence in Subarus system after that simple trial.
The performance was shockingly bad.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Subarus symmetrical AWD system works well on flat, slippery surfaces.

Off road, not so much.

In fact, once, I almost couldn’t get out of a rutted, rocky incline with mine. This would have been easily handled by my last 4WD Ranger using only the rear locker in 2WD.

I lost all confidence in Subarus system after that simple trial.
The performance was shockingly bad.
If my Tremor doesn't get hung up it just keeps going even racking on 2 wheels. It also engages the rear whenever you give it the skinny pedal.

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FE motor?
Windsor for the lightning, but I have a 390 out of an old f series truck im going to build for another project.
Sponsored