First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Its the same system that is on the Escape and the Bronco Sport, meaning on-demand AWD but it otherwise will be in FWD only most of the time.
Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I thought I read previously the FX4 would NOT have a Sport Mode. We'll see!!!

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This thread, and all others, would be so much more useful if those that do not know the answer didn’t spew all their guess as to what the facts are. Speculating is doing nothing but adding to the confusion.

Last edited:

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
This thread, and all others, would be so much more useful if those that do not know the answer didn’t spew all their guess as to what the facts are.
There seems to be a bit of discrepancy on that one. Here is what I found on the Ford website.
Ford Maverick Is AWD full time always on? 33A434AC-BF6A-4508-8113-6AE0E3B55C08

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This thread, and all others, would be so much more useful if those that do not know the answer didn’t spew all their guess as to what the facts are.
Well, if anybody actually "knew" the final answer these threads would be a lot shorter. As many have already pointed out, there is conflicting information (even from official Ford sources) as to what will be available in the final builds and as always is "subject to change" before final. Half the fun is speculating. I sure do know they can leave the "ECO" mode off of the FX4 package.... 😁 However, I would like to have the Sport...just don't know which other mode I'd give up to get it.

Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Two months after announce, Ford still can't get its story straight on what exactly it's selling. Sure hope that type of amateur approach doesn't carry over to the build quality...

What makes this even more maddening is the cost to include the "extra" modes is basically zero.

Scooter66

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F-150 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Two months after announce, Ford still can't get its story straight on what exactly it's selling. Sure hope that type of amateur approach doesn't carry over to the build quality...

What makes this even more maddening is the cost to include the "extra" modes is basically zero.
Ford is fumbling this release just like they did for the Bronco and the Explorer. As for build quality, check out the Bronco forum and delaminating hard tops.

Reactions: bgn

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford is fumbling this release just like they did for the Bronco and the Explorer. As for build quality, check out the Bronco forum and delaminating hard tops.
Lots of Ford fans on this forum are up in arms when I've brought up that fiasco...and many have said I shouldn't be worried because the Bronco is a "unique" vehicle. All I know is I'm coming from a Honda and, while I expect to get some use out of the gadgets and gizmos, I don't think I'll get a particularly reliable vehicle. I hope I'm wrong.

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am also concerned about Ford's reliability. I am a Mazda man since 1992. I had a Mazda 3 for 11 years and I did not spend a penny on repairs. My current CX-5 is a 8 year car and I just spent money for my first repair--$55 for shift sensor.

I will most likely get an extended warranty for this truck...

Reactions: bgn

Ribwich

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Owners Manual has it with a SPORT mode.
You're right that it's in the owner's manual, but I think that one's a typo. Everywhere else says that Sport and Eco are removed for FX4 and that seems to make the most sense. Otherwise FX4 would lose the Slippery mode (as implied in the Owner's Manual) which seems like a huge mistake.

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Intelligent AWD
Intelligent All-Wheel Drive (AWD) is an advanced drivetrain system that is able to monitor hundreds of different pieces of data every second to help improve handling and traction, including:
  • Rate of acceleration
  • Wheel speed
  • Steering wheel angle
  • Accelerator pedal position
Using this information, it is able to send more torque to the rear wheels if it detects bad weather or road conditions, or send all the power to the front wheels in normal driving conditions in order to optimize fuel efficiency.
Some models even come with an Intelligent Display which is able to show you precisely how torque is being distributed between the different wheels.
How does this AWD system work properly when there is a different size spare tire on. Even for short periods.
Sponsored