First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1. Good detail/wax. 2. Tint windows to match. 3. Possibly speakers, depending on stock sound quality. 4. First Aid kit with tow straps and tie downs. 5. DIY bed cover. 6. Look at alternative tires replacements. 7. Bed mat and floor liners. Later I might consider a 1 1/2" lift, Ford tune, bed or roof rack.
I'm doing number 1, 2 and 7 after that I'll start on the aftermarket hunt for a tonneau cover.
Sponsored

cucumber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Outback
The main aftermarket change I'll be doing is the god-awful beige headliner in the Mav. I'm getting an XL, so the plan is to possibly paint the plastic areas navy and re-upholster the headliner in black. Beige headliners (unless the rest of the interior is beige) are a pet peeve of mine.

Other than that, paint the steelies, eventually add a bedliner and possibly tonneau cover. OEM floor mats. Possibly wheel arches a la this thread, plus air deflectors and hood deflector.

staryoshi

First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Chevrolet Colorado
I’d love emblem overlays like what all the Subaru people like to do.

I’m a graphic designer so I’ll prolly take a crack at some concepts I have in my head. I like the bullhorns Mav logo, but I was thinking of some tweaks to it.
I got them for my first and only Subaru, but haven't applied them yet... It's only been 8 years since I got them, lol. A Ford variant would be fun.
haha. I have those on my Impreza. But I mean overlays for the emblem like this:

https://orsini-vinyl-designs.myshopify.com/collections/emblem-overlays
Gotcha, those are pretty snazzy too :)

IPunchCholla

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 E150, 2014 Leaf
I’m not planning on doing too much (I have a Lariat Lux reserved), originally just a bed rack with rooftop tent and a bike rack under it for my mountain bikes.

But this thread has some great ideas in it. So now I’m thinking about how to “murder” out my carbonized gray truck. So I’m looking into 1. replacing the blue ovals with black. 2. Tinting the windows 3. Painting the wheels.

rutroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge durango
this my plans for my maverick theres a universal 1 that you can get different sizes
FRONT RUNNER SLIMLINE II BED RACK - UNIVERSAL FIT

Ford Maverick Your Maverick aftermarket plans colorado_bed-rack2_1_1200x

Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Clay Bar, fix and orange peel, Ceramic coated, Ceramic window tint for the front windshield as well as the front window.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clay Bar, fix and orange peel, Ceramic coated, Ceramic window tint for the front windshield as well as the front window.
You can tint your windshield? What like a light tint or that heavy dark tint across the top of the windshield?

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Adding black MAVERICK tailgate letters.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Adding black MAVERICK tailgate letters.
As soon as I get the measurements of the letters on the tailgate I'm having my buddy make some hi-viz black letters for my Maverick. Should look great on my CGM Mav. I had him do a hi-viz design for my Harley.
Update edit: I've ordered the polished stainless steel "Maverick" letters from the Ford Accessory website. Once I have them I'll send them to my buddy so he'll have the exact font and letter size to make vinyl lettering. Once he's done with the stainless steel lettering I'll just sell them on eBay.
Ford Maverick Your Maverick aftermarket plans Vinyls (2)
Ford Maverick Your Maverick aftermarket plans Vinyls (3)

Last edited:

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Removed the hard trifold cover because I did not want my order to be delayed. Will add a Bakflip hard rolling cover ;)

Last edited:
Sponsored

vabchusa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford C Max SE, 2022 Maverick First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Pretty lame for me. Just Weathertech floor liners, in channel window deflectors, maybe mud flaps and hood deflector. Possibly clamp on removable roof racks.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
If the time and desire are there, having the rims black nitride treated would be “best”. It’s the same coating as on modern Smith & Wesson forearms. They won’t rust, and it won’t flake or chip off like powder coat. H&M metal processing in Ohio is where to have it done.

http://blacknitride.com/
Does that process ONLY work on steal? Could you do it to the other wheel types? Just curious.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
A thought crossed my mind about after market grills. Since the radar sensor (adaptive cruise control??) is right in front of the radiator, would that limit the aftermarket selection you can install?

1630698943801.png

1630698998164.png
Pretty much a yes from what I've seen on the forum.

3ighty6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Luxury First Edition Area 51
New wheels, tint, running boards, and I really dig that cab spoiler pictured in another thread. Likely upgrading the stock speakers but I'll first see how they sound (Lariat hybrid without the B&O upgrade). Interested to see what kind of road noise this thing will let in, so Dynamat might be another purchase. Also definitely installing the tailgate damper I saw in a video here so it doesn't slam open.
tailgate damper?
Sponsored