First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes S500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I currently use an 06 Ford E-250 van for my work vehicle and it gets about 11-13mpg with the 5.4 Triton. I’m self employed and average about 50k miles per year, which means I currently fill the gas tank every day (36 gallon tank) and do oil changes every 2 weeks. I didn’t purchase the van new, but I’m sitting at 473k miles on the odometer.

Needless to say when I heard that Ford was coming out with the Maverick, I couldn’t order one fast enough for having the payload and MPG that I need. I ordered an XLT 2.0 AWD with XLT Lux package. If it’s a 3yr/36k mi warranty I’ll be out of warranty within about the first 6 months or so after delivery, and should be able to report on out of pocket expenses fairly soon. I’m not worried about the reliability of the Ecoboost though beings it is a power train that has already been out for a few years, with minor parts updates along the way. No platform is going to be perfect and I’m sure there will be some repairs in my second year of ownership (bushings, ball joints, perhaps a carbon cleaning, multiple PTU services, etc.) and will update here along the way as to the long term reliability.

I plan on owning this truck 10+ years if possible, and it will hopefully have half a million miles on it by then.
Sponsored

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't have anything to add to this other than my back and rear end hurt just reading about all of this driving. Here's to hoping she's reliable!

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I own a 06’ F150 with the 5.4 Triton and get about 13/14 mpg. On long distance highway drives I can get about 17 if I’m lucky and that’s doing about 65/70 mph.​

I’ve been wanting a more fuel efficient vehicle but not interested in sedan or SUV. Soon as I heard about the Maverick I was super happy. I’ll be ordering the XLT with the hybrid motor.

You could get an extended warranty for driving it past the factory warranty.

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I currently use an 06 Ford E-250 van for my work vehicle and it gets about 11-13mpg with the 5.4 Triton. I’m self employed and average about 50k miles per year, which means I currently fill the gas tank every day (36 gallon tank) and do oil changes every 2 weeks. I didn’t purchase the van new, but I’m sitting at 473k miles on the odometer.

Needless to say when I heard that Ford was coming out with the Maverick, I couldn’t order one fast enough for having the payload and MPG that I need. I ordered an XLT 2.0 AWD with XLT Lux package. If it’s a 3yr/36k mi warranty I’ll be out of warranty within about the first 6 months or so after delivery, and should be able to report on out of pocket expenses fairly soon. I’m not worried about the reliability of the Ecoboost though beings it is a power train that has already been out for a few years, with minor parts updates along the way. No platform is going to be perfect and I’m sure there will be some repairs in my second year of ownership (bushings, ball joints, perhaps a carbon cleaning, multiple PTU services, etc.) and will update here along the way as to the long term reliability.

I plan on owning this truck 10+ years if possible, and it will hopefully have half a million miles on it by then.
Seems like a tall order for the Maverick. But this truck might just surprise us all when it comes to its capabilities!

jwiedle24

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat w/Luxury Pkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

What do you do that requires you to drive ~430 miles a day. Also, that’d come out to well above 100k miles in a year as opposed to 50k. Finally, even at a 60mph average, that’s 7 hours of driving in a day. Is your Maverick going to be a delivery vehicle?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Sneezy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes S500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What do you do that requires you to drive ~430 miles a day. Also, that’d come out to well above 100k miles in a year as opposed to 50k. Finally, even at a 60mph average, that’s 7 hours of driving in a day. Is your Maverick going to be a delivery vehicle?
To be fair when I said that I fill the tank every day it’s more due to convenience of filling location. I don’t usually run lower than about a quarter to a third of a tank. I’ve found the fuel economy to be a little less on the E-Series vans since they got the 2 valve motors instead of the 3 valve that the F-Series got. The 4 speed gearbox doesn’t help either. And I contract through the major insurance companies doing roadside assistance and battery installations. So I always have a payload of about 1000lbs of batteries in the back. I average about 250 miles per day and my service territory is a 30 mile commute from home

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To be fair when I said that I fill the tank every day it’s more due to convenience of filling location. I don’t usually run lower than about a quarter to a third of a tank. I’ve found the fuel economy to be a little less on the E-Series vans since they got the 2 valve motors instead of the 3 valve that the F-Series got. The 4 speed gearbox doesn’t help either. And I contract through the major insurance companies doing roadside assistance and battery installations. So I always have a payload of about 1000lbs of batteries in the back. I average about 250 miles per day and my service territory is a 30 mile commute from home
Any reason you’re going for the Ecoboost? Is it because AWD is necessary for your roadside assistance needs? The fuel economy on the hybrid could save thousands of dollars per year with your driving distances, although it has to be considered that the Hybrid especially shines in the city more so than on the highway.

I’m curious because you’re probably providing assistance rather than towing people out (unless you got 4K tow). Maybe they can be off-road? Was the E-250 also 4WD?

OP
OP

Sneezy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes S500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any reason you’re going for the Ecoboost? Is it because AWD is necessary for your roadside assistance needs? The fuel economy on the hybrid could save thousands of dollars per year with your driving distances, although it has to be considered that the Hybrid especially shines in the city more so than on the highway.

I’m curious because you’re probably providing assistance rather than towing people out (unless you got 4K tow). Maybe they can be off-road? Was the E-250 also 4WD?
Yeah I thought long and hard about the hybrid, and AWD was the main deciding factor. My service area is at the base of a mountain pass which gets pretty dicey in the winter. Granted I could get studs and chains, which is what I currently do now with the van.

The other factor was the 155 lb-ft of torque from the hybrid. It didn’t sound like enough with a constant 1000lbs payload. Now I may be completely wrong here since there’s instant torque from the electric motor. I’m sure I could test drive an Escape to get the feel of it, but this was less of a deciding factor than the sure footed-ness AWD offers.

I didn’t order 4K towing or the FX4 since the base version will be geared better for the highway, but I will buy the trans cooler shortly after purchase

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
Hmmm. I'm not sure if "any" new vehicle could be expected to give you a 1/2 million miles. I think 300K would be pretty darn good.
I know many Prius'es used for taxi service get 300K + miles.... But I think they are getting pretty worn out by then, and I don't think many are getting 500K...

Probity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Scab 2.7EB, 2017 CR-V
Hmmm. I'm not sure if "any" new vehicle could be expected to give you a 1/2 million miles. I think 300K would be pretty darn good.
I know many Prius'es used for taxi service get 300K + miles.... But I think they are getting pretty worn out by then, and I don't think many are getting 500K...
Yes a new vehicle can get you 500k miles. To state the obvious, depends on what sort of driving you do (highway vs city), and how you drive. Don't know about hybrid longevity, at some point I'd think the battery would be a concern.

The 6 cylinder EcoBoost engines in F150's are robust. There is one many of us follow here ( 100,000 Mile 2.7 - Page 35 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans ) that is closing on a half million miles now. Pat's a hot-shot driver in the SE, bought his 2.7l EB F150 (2wd) in June 2016. Yes he really does put over 91,000 miles per year on it, he was at 458k miles on 6/25/21, last confirmed picture of miles was in March 2021. New brakes at ~220,000, purge solenoid valve at ~325,000, water pump at ~437,000, I'm sure some spark plugs in there, and of course regular oil/filter changes.
Ford Maverick High Mileage Maverick Plans 100k.JPG

Sponsored

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That’s an impressive amount of miles. driving that much is a work on its own.
Consider adding Ford 360 for the safety features it offers.
In general with the maverick ..
  1. you will save gas of course and the highway expected is mid 20 mpg
  2. 2.0 liters engine save you on oil changes almost 1/3 capacity
  3. the general maintenance from brakes to tires will be lower
  4. most probably you use this truck for business so in my opinion you should not keep the truck so long. change it more frequently and use its depreciation to lower the net cost to you. you will gain in reliability and safety getting newer vehicles more often..
good luck. my back is hurting thinking of so much driving

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow, over 400,000 miles is incredible!! I just can't imagine driving that many miles with 1 vehicle...I usually drive 7000 miles a year and I keep my cars usually for 10 years...
Sponsored