Sponsored

Adaptive cruise not on my XLT with COPILOT 360?

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Even with ACC and stop & go, if there is nobody at the stop sign you will go straight through. Pay attention with all these features and stay out of trouble.
Sponsored

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
Not a huge fan of ACC. Don't do much interstate driving, but I hate that it will apply the brakes when I'm trying to slip through a relatively small gap in slower traffic.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
You're adorable.

I thought the same thing when I made my purchase back in July. How many others out there feel misled? There may be grounds for a class action lawsuit. Let me know and I'll look into it. Just received my XLT with 360 today and it ruined the whole purchase for me.

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

active cruise control, it will slow you down if you come up on someone going slower than you and maintane a preset distance to follow them
I haven't had a vehicle yet with ACC. When I overtake someone while using cruise control, I change lanes and pass them rather than slowing down to their speed. I see where it would be nice when you can't move over right away because you don't need to hit the brakes, but is that it? What makes it a "can't live without" feature? Maybe people use it to just follow someone not caring about maintaining a constant speed? What am I missing?

giddyup

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What makes it a "can't live without" feature?
What I like is that ACC gives me a couple/few seconds of "grace time", if you will. I like that it initiates braking if someone moves into my lane, for example. No, the feature does not allow inattentiveness, but it takes a bit of the tension out of a long interstate drive. To me it's in the same category as TPMS, ABS/TC, etc - not necessary for a basic vehicle, but they darn sure make driving more pleasant and perhaps more safe.

Sponsored

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have ACC in my 2020 4Runner, it was actually the first year it was offered on it with the safety sense package Toyota has currently.

It works fine on level highway with minimal traffic. It is just ok in my opinion in heavier traffic or on highways with slight grades. I do enjoy it for some trips and it’s a nice break but the technology isn’t to the point where it regulates better for constantly changing traffic conditions and really...very, very dumb people on the road. It is not a “set it and forget it” type experience at all.

The Maverick? I don’t feel it’s really needed and I don’t miss it. Sure it would be nice on some trips but it’s a very light truck with good power that seems to move at ease on the highway. My 4Runner in comparison is like driving a cruise ship on the highway, it’s comfortable but it’s a heavy boat. I was slightly disappointed when it wasn’t part of co-pilot 360 in the XLT trim but after driving the truck, I realized I’ll be fine without it.

Parzival

First Name
Parzival
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' 4rnr, 20' Taco, 14' Taco & 22 Mav on order
If you drive a lot of highway ACC is a must have IMO, same w crash avoidance alert. I have used ACC for the past two years in my 4runner and tacoma it makes the drive far more relaxing. You still have to pay attention but being able to have your car speed up and slow down in LA traffic has really opened my mind to how great autonomous features can be. I'm hoping the Maverick ACC with stop and go is just as effective as Toyota safety sense.

SDMavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I thought the same thing when I made my purchase back in July. How many others out there feel misled? There may be grounds for a class action lawsuit. Let me know and I'll look into it. Just received my XLT with 360 today and it ruined the whole purchase for me.
A. You couldn't purchase it in July, production didn't start then.
B. Reading a purchase contract is NOT a lost art.
C. Class action lawsuits require more than one individual that doesn't understand A and B.

SDMavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Maybe I missed something when I ordered my truck? I picked up a Maverick XLT with FX4 package today including the Copilot 360 package. The only reason I ordered it because I assumed like my Fusion Hybrid it included the adaptive cruise control which is the only reason I ordered the 360 package. Disappointing but I guess I overlooked it in ordering. My only question is this, I went back through ordering an Xlt and a Lariat and I don't see an option for adaptive cruise?
If you really want it, it seems it has been added to F150's.
Would take someone far more knowledgeable than l, and apparently cost around $1k, but if you really need it...

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you really want it, it seems it has been added to F150's.
Would take someone far more knowledgeable than l, and apparently cost around $1k, but if you really need it...
Even on the F-150 the base option CP360 2.0 doesn't give Adaptive Cruise. You need to option the CoPilot 360 2.0 Assist.

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lordy.. the person who ruined their whole experience by not bothering to read.

Not all ACC systems are equal. Some manufacturers work better than others. I have experienced ACC across many makes - Porsche, Mercedes, Hyundai, Mazda, Volvo, Nissan, Toyota - and I think Volvo was about the best at it, followed closely by Porsche.

Toyota and Mazda were my least favorite.

Here's hoping the Maverick's works well.
Sponsored