Sponsored

About Ready to Look for Another Dealership.

Gryphandor

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Versa
I don't know if it is my dealership's allocations being quite low because they don't tell me when I ask, but I ordered my 2022 Ford Maverick XLT AWD in Velocity Blue with Luxury, 360, and FX4 packages on Aug 14. Still to this day I do not have a built date. Is anyone else in a similar boat? My dealership isn't even all the eager to keep me informed and up to date on anything. Can anyone recommend a better dealership in Ocean County NJ or at least close to it?
Sponsored

Chicora

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
PW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy S-10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If your order is a hybrid, I believe you have considerable company for your order date. That's based on feedback on who has and hasn't received a build date so far.

LelandJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered mine 5 weeks before you and just got scheduled 3 days ago. Believe me, I know it sucks to wait but it will happen. Patience is a virtue, as they say. Best of luck to you this Thursday.

Mag Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello, I have the same exact problem as you my dealership is a small dealership in West Tennessee super nice people but the Ford rep or branch manager or whatever the heck he is called is not give them Any and I mean Any retail allocation. My Truck is an XLT velocity blue luxury package and co pilot 360 with a hard shell three piece tonneau cover hybrid ordered on August the 10th I wish there was something I could do I have called Ford talk to a very nice lady I've talked to the dealership and my salesman nobody can help it's just the jerk that controls the allocations I did get a chance to drive one of their stock units and fell in love with it so I guess I will be a donkey and chase after that carrot in front of me and wait for my Maverick.

LelandJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello, I have the same exact problem as you my dealership is a small dealership in West Tennessee super nice people but the Ford rep or branch manager or whatever the heck he is called is not give them Any and I mean Any retail allocation. My Truck is an XLT velocity blue luxury package and co pilot 360 with a hard shell three piece tonneau cover hybrid ordered on August the 10th I wish there was something I could do I have called Ford talk to a very nice lady I've talked to the dealership and my salesman nobody can help it's just the jerk that controls the allocations I did get a chance to drive one of their stock units and fell in love with it so I guess I will be a donkey and chase after that carrot in front of me and wait for my Maverick.
That's definitely a red flag. You might want to confirm with your dealer that they submitted your order through the ROVP system which is different for the Maverick than other models. I hated waiting for mine to get scheduled but my dealership did have other orders that were scheduled so I was semi-confident they knew what they were doing. It was a huge relief when I got my scheduling email last Thursday.

[edit] Also, maybe consider putting in another order with a larger dealership like Long McArthur in Salina KS. They don't require a deposit and they get a fairly large amount of allocations each month, and they will ship it to your door.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know if it is my dealership's allocations being quite low because they don't tell me when I ask, but I ordered my 2022 Ford Maverick XLT AWD in Velocity Blue with Luxury, 360, and FX4 packages on Aug 14. Still to this day I do not have a built date. Is anyone else in a similar boat? My dealership isn't even all the eager to keep me informed and up to date on anything. Can anyone recommend a better dealership in Ocean County NJ or at least close to it?
I see you are 2.0 EB AWD LUX FX4. I am hybrid XLT LUX ordered 8/27 and have not heard since order acknowledgement email. XLT LUX (Pkg 300A) apparently were ordered in much more quantities than Ford expected and presumably they have had to order more parts (am guessing). before you do anything watch Tim at Long McArthur video (this week's #17). He makes reference to Not Changing orders involving packages (XL to XLT or to Lariat or to even dropping the LUX packages. He said you probably will lose your original order date to the date you make certain changes. This will cause your build to be delayed!!! Also if you change dealers you will have a new order date!!! I believe at this stage of things it is probable best to make no changes at all -- just be patient -- he also said that "Market Value" (Auction value) of Mavericks is currently MSRP + 4,500/5,000! for shipment to high demand areas like California/Florida. This is BEFORE this week's TORNADOS/FLOODS. How many vehicles (20k 30k 50k ??k) GONE???

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
August 26 order date.
Nothing since.

Oceanminded

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Mazda CX-5, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered XLT FX4 Ecoboost w/Lux package, 360 pilot on 10/5 from supposedly one of the largest Ford volume dealers in the US and still have no build date.

OP
OP
Gryphandor

Gryphandor

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Versa
I ordered XLT FX4 Ecoboost w/Lux package, 360 pilot on 10/5 from supposedly one of the largest Ford volume dealers in the US and still have no build date.
Yep, still nothing. Feel like if I could just bring myself to drop the luxury package, I would have a build date by now. Maybe I am stubborn, but this is my first ever new vehicle order. Shouldn't I want it my way?

OP
OP
Gryphandor

Gryphandor

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Versa
Oh I know that first hand. My wife and I bought our $300k house last November and the entire process took 1 month.

Sponsored

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my base hybrid from Larson Ford on Route 88 in Lakewood. MSRP price. Salesman specifically for Mavericks is Robert Barranger. I want to save up for a bigger down payment so I am in no hurry. Ordered a Velocity Blue on October 30. Very good experience.

MaverickTopGun

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Quagmire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe related to this thread, I am trying to switch destination dealerships.
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...hip-for-a-mav-that-hasnt-been-built-yet.7420/
Already somebody in that thread said I should be able to switch if Ford has not assigned a VIN & Build Date to my Mav yet. I don't think they have.
MIne is a Hybrid XLT, Ford's order confirmation email was sent to me July 7, 2021.
Also, my dealership told me they have seen some hot-selling Bronco folks switch dealerships mid-stream like I will attempt Monday soon.

WhiteMaverick12

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I live there. What dealership?

RicksMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 Lariat Lux 1$tED 4k AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I ordererd EB 2.0 and it took about 4.5 months to get the build datethen it was 28 days in transit total 6 months 13 days order to delivery Stuff Happens. Finally got it, worth the wait!
Sponsored