Sponsored

Another dealership playing games for your money!

SWFLGulf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been reading the posts on this site for 9 months while waiting for my truck. I have read some interesting threads about how Ford dealers are taking advantage of people who ordered the Maverick. Here is another....Tamiami Ford in Naples Fl.
I Special Ordered my truck on July 17, 2021. Base price plus the options I ordered and the destination charges totaled $22,085.00. During the following 9 months, I spoke & emailed with 2 Internet Sales Associates at the dealership. I reminded them I was looking for a fair price for my trade in and they both stated that the dealership was paying top dollar for trades. "Our name means a great deal" was the dealership tag line that they used over and over again. Other than a request for a deposit, there was no mention of any other costs to my order. Sure, I expected the "document fees" and the "dealer prep" (aka expensive car wash) when i picked up the truck, but this dealership wanted more.
The truck came in on Monday April 18th. On Tuesday the 19th, I brought my 2012 trade in (more on that later) and we started the paperwork with a 3rd sales associate. While examining the paperwork, I saw that 1- They did not include my $500.00 deposit and 2-there was a $1,295.00 item labeled "Dealer Aftermarket". When I asked about it, I was told " That is a package that we put on every car that comes into our dealership..Tinted windows, LoJack subscription etc". I explained that this was a special order and if I wanted tinted windows and other things, I would have added them when I ordered the truck. Well, there was no further discussion other than " That's what we do here" & " The internet associates should have told you. Oh well, its on your truck now".
So, after waiting 9 months, they had me. I knew that if I walked out, they would slap another 5k minimum on it somehow and sell it before the end of the day. Asking to speak with someone about the aftermarkets and a low trade in amount got me nowhere. Who that mysterious man or woman was in the back office who set the policy and trade in amount is I'll never know. And, they never gave me a written breakdown of the "Dealer/Other Aftermarkets" items.
So, if you are waiting on a Maverick, I advise you to make sure, and get it in writing, what you will be paying for when it arrives. I messed up on that. I should have told them "add nothing to that vehicle upon its arrival. It is a custom/special order. I want it as it left the factory. "
FYI: The "Pre delivery fee" was $778.00 and the "Elelctronic Registration Filing fee was $189. That is separate from the State DMV Title/Registration & License fee of $125.00. On the trade in, I was told it was a "high mileage vehicle" hence the low trade in amount. 2 days later on their site, they were stating that my 2012 "is 8009 miles less than the average mileage for that year vehicle".
I am happy with the truck. Its what Ford said it would be. If I had been treated better by Tamiami Ford in Naples, I would be even happier.
Sponsored